Alternative Press is the definitive source for new music and youth culture—and now, it's available for your iOS device!
Each issue of the AP Digital Edition brings you in-depth and honest interviews, exclusive photos, features on breaking new artists and more!
• Embedded music player with songs from the issue
• Story-sharing through social networks and email
• Plus you'll get bonus digital editions and specials ONLY available through the app!
About Alternative Press:
Birthed as a free, punk-rock fanzine in Cleveland, Ohio, in June 1985, Alternative Press has been on the forefront of alternative youth culture for nearly three decades. A.P., as our fans call us, has discovered and helped build the careers of countless music acts in a variety of alternative music genres—a list including Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Green Day, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Korn, Paramore, Twenty One Pilots, Panic! At The Disco and many more. Distributed worldwide, A.P. is still considered a true music fan's "bible" to all that is new and revolutionary.
Please note that if your issues or subscription don’t show up after you have installed the app or an app update, just hit the “Restore All” button or the gear icon in the Issues list and it will bring them back. Also, make sure you are logged in with the same iTunes account that you used when you made the purchase.
If you're you're still having problems, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or direct message us on Twitter @altpress before posting them in the iTunes reviews section.
• HOW SUBSCRIPTIONS WORK
You can buy single issues or annual subscriptions of Alternative Press Magazine in the in-app store. Single issues (prior to #354) are just $2.99, ($4.99 for #354 and later) and a one-year subscription (12 issues) is just $23.99! Prices vary in other currencies.
• AUTOMATIC RENEWAL FEATURE
Your annual subscription will automatically continue unless you cancel. Each year, your credit card will automatically be charged at the current subscription price. You can manage your subscription or cancel by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period http://www.altpress.com/privacypolicy
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Bugs fixed and other improvements!
Ratings and Reviews
Just as good on the iPad as the real magazine, if not better!
I was honestly a little sketchy to the whole iPad app for Alternative Press magazine, but once I figured out how to use it and the format of the whole app itself, I found it better and more efficient than an actual magazine. I'm one of those people who enjoy ripping out articles or posters and putting them on my wall, but with the iPad, there are interactive parts throughout the entire issue and music samples of each band featured. I'd rather listen to a band being spoken about while reading it than rip it out and never take the time it go find them online. It's all in one easy place. I definitely recommend it!
Alternative Press Is absolutely Horrible
The app is awful, i had stopped getting my monthly mobile subscription for some reason. I still haven’t gotten my Twenty One Pilots Hard Magazine yet. They said that they would ship the My Chem Magazine on the 5th of October, still not in my hands. I get my rock sound Magazines before the Alternative Press and rock sound is in the UK. They always ship late. I once had to wait for my order for 2 months cause it kept getting delayed. I feel like it all went down hill ever since they changed it up. I had payed $20 for a two year subscription of a hard copy of magazines. Then they changed everything, they switched my subscription to Electronic, so my $20 went down the Freaking drain. Over all, do not ever get a subscription or buy anything from them ever! I repeat, ever!
Developer Response ,
Hello—please email email@example.com and we'll see what the issue is and try to help. There's a separate department fr print issues, but we'll start here. Thank you!
I like the app
I like the app and am a big fan of AP. I do gotta day tho I prefer the old app a little more tho.
Developer Response ,
We're always trying to make things better. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions. Thank you!
- Alternative Press Magazine, Inc.
- 59.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 Alternative Press Magazine, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Feb. 2012 #283: Anthony Green $2.99
- Get ALTPRESS! $23.99
- Mar. 2012 #284: Falling In Reverse $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.