Above the placid ivory snow lies a sleepy mountain village, brimming with the promise of adventure.
"A piece of interactive art"
"Best of 2015" and "15 Most Beautiful Games"
"Favorite Apps of 2015"
– The New York Times
"One of the best mobile games"
– The Verge
"Alto's Adventure demands your attention"
"2015 Game of the Year"
– Product Hunt
"Best 2D Visual Experience"
– 2015 Unity Awards Finalist
"One of the best-looking games on the App Store"
“The visuals really are incredible”
– Red Bull
"Best Looking Video Games of 2015"
"Wonderfully tranquil and beautiful"
"Best iPhone apps of 2015"
"I couldn't let Alto's Adventure slide by me"
"Alto’s Adventure for iOS may be the most beautiful endless runner you’ve ever played"
– The Next Web
"Pristine and refined"
– LA Times
"An engaging, relaxing, and beautiful experience."
"Satisfies the soul"
"Alto's Adventure is the endless runner matured"
"Alto’s Adventure is remarkably soothing"
– The New York Observer
"Favorite game of the year"
"A joyous experience"
"One of my favorite games"
"Alto is lovely"
"It’s seriously stunning"
"Alto's Adventure is a brilliant mobile game"
"A beautiful visual experience"
"An elegant ride down nature's greatest landmarks"
– Kill Screen
"A compelling game to play"
– The Washington Post
"Every inch of this game is visually impressive and delightfully charming"
– Business Insider
Join Alto and his friends as they embark on an endless snowboarding odyssey. Journey across the beautiful alpine hills of their native wilderness, through neighbouring villages, ancient woodlands, and long-abandoned ruins.
Along the way you'll rescue runaway llamas, grind rooftops, leap over terrifying chasms and outwit the mountain elders – all while braving the ever changing elements and passage of time upon the mountain.
• Fluid, graceful and exhilarating physics-based gameplay
• Procedurally generated terrain based on real-world snowboarding
• Fully dynamic lighting and weather effects, including thunderstorms, blizzards, fog, rainbows, shooting stars, and more
• Easy to learn, difficult to master one button trick system
• Chain together combos to maximize points and speed
• Test your skills with 180 handcrafted goals
• Discover six unique snowboarders, each with their own special attributes and abilities
• Challenge your friends with Game Center. Compete for best high score, best distance, and best trick combo!
• Acquire the wingsuit from Izel’s workshop for an entirely new gameplay dynamic
• Beautifully minimalist and evocative visual design
• Original music and handcrafted audio for an ambient and immersive experience (headphones recommended!)
• Universal app with iCloud support. Play on your iPhone and iPad and your progress will always be in sync.
Alto’s Adventure is a premium game with no ads or in-app purchases.
Hello Adventurers! With the release of iOS 14 we’re bringing a few improvements to Alto’s Adventure to make your journey through the mountains a smooth one. This update includes:
• A fix for a visual issue introduced with iOS 14 - this consisted of the characters and the environment looking a little blocky / distorted the further down the mountain you travelled.
• ProMotion (120hz) support for iPad Pro. This can be enabled in your in-game settings menu. Please be aware that enabling ProMotion may affect battery life.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
In this gorgeous twist on the infinite runner, you guide an agile snowboarder down a never-ending mountain, pulling off backflips over icy chasms and grinding along rooftops in sleepy villages. Simple one-finger controls make it instantly accessible, but tackling each level’s trio of challenges requires deft reflexes. With its exquisitely rendered visuals, soothing music, and finely tuned gameplay, Alto’s Adventure is simultaneously serene and exciting.
Does not deserve the bad reviews.
I’ve seen a couple reviews about the wingsuit activating and deactivating randomly. Let’s clear that up. The wingsuit is toggled through 3D Touch, so when you press hard on the screen it toggles it. There’s also a setting under Settings to turn this behavior off. There will also be a button on the right side of the screen that also toggles it, so turning off the setting will not stop you from using the wingsuit. (The wingsuit is available after level 30, so if the setting isn’t there when you start, maybe it’ll appear once you unlock the wingsuit.) I wish Snowman would reply to the reviews to clear their name, but it doesn’t look like that will happen.
That being said, of course I think Alto’s Adventure is a beautiful game. I’m not usually very fond of arcade-like games, but this one has stuck with me for a long time. You’ve probably already heard of the graphics/artwork. It’s also a well-polished game and feels good to play, especially with friends. Look out for new games by Snowman because the previews on their website look good. Development for those games was probably funded by this game’s sales.
This game is awesome!! The graphics and the story is amazing! However there’s still a minor detail that has to be a thing. So, in the stickers of Altos Adventure, you can see that there are other characters. But there isn’t any mode to change your character. So why are there those people in the stickers? Maybe you actually can change the character and I’m just being stupid. I don’t honestly know. Also, when you get to the police part, it gets a little intense. He’s so ridiculously fast I always get caught. Please, please maybe lower his speed and make a setting to change your character. (Or don’t make a setting if you already did.) Acknowledge this review. I still love this game.
- 136.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 Built By Snowman, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.