Out of money and out of luck you find yourself broken hearted and on the verge of collapse. Your landlord's taken the key back, you can't finish your manuscript, and your beloved is marrying someone else. With no choice but to handle whatever life throws at you, you set out on the open road on a mission to win back the love of your life. The story from there to redemption is up to you. Can we be salvaged, or are there always sometimes monsters?
• Choice - A story-driven experience focusing on relationships and emotional bonds rather than traditional RPG combat and adventuring. Indecision is your enemy and empathy is your weapon in a quest to earn one last chance to win back the love of your life.
• Circumstance - Choose from characters of different gender, race, and sexual preference and live through the common experiences and unique hardships of each based on your selection. NPCs may treat you differently based on your gender, race, or sexual preference opening and closing different paths along the way.
• Consequence - Each playthrough is filled with a staggering number of diverging paths that can be discovered through both overt actions and subtle choices in conversation. The journey you experience will be tailored to our personal ethical compass as your decisions both conscious and subconscious change your fate.
IOS 9 Support Added
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I'm about to play threw your game.
I owe you more than this play through, with your help I've been able to get on my feet. At least enough to spend some quality time thinking about everything that's been a true nightmare. But I'll get back to you very very soon.
Attractive concept, POOR execution
First of all, great attempt to build an RPG game that centers on the concept of ethical narratives...
However, it is rather disappointing that the execution of the game is amateurish at best:
If the game wants to emphasize the depressive and sometimes oppressive surrounding that the protagonist has to endure—why does it haphazardly? For example, how is it that the character can sleep in public yet does not risk being robbed? When publishing dirt on big corporate company, how is there zero backlash against the protagonist?
Secondly, there can be many more interactions with the objects instead of only discovering action figures within them, which, I have no idea what they are used for besides being pawned for very little money.
Thirdly, the game crashes a lot, why spend so much time putting the creators of the app in a game instead of actually dedicating the time and energy into creating a more stable app?
This game did teach me one thing, though.. that maybe when my professor told me that my paper “has great concepts, but executed poorly”, they meant the experience like playing this game.
Has potential, but actual life is more fun
The shtick here is that the developers built in a huge number of ethical and narrative decision trees in order to impact the everyday living and consequences experienced by your character. That principle sucked me in, because I like most of the few "morality sim/RPGs" that exist (like the old console game Fable).
The first couple hours of gameplay were enjoyable because I could see the direct impact of real-time decisions, make some challenging moves and interact with NPCs in a more or less believable and interesting way.
The game quickly turned to mindless grinding -- when I was fortunate enough to stumble across the place *where* I was supposed to grind. Killing hogs, moving boxes, sleeping on filthy mattresses in alleyways -- yeah, why am I NOT outside IRL right now? And it's always sometimes depressing.
I admire the game's stated goal, but in my view it constituted an amateurish, monotonous and ultimately unsuccessful attempt.
- Vagabond Dog Inc.
- 484.9 MB
Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © 2014
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.