A Unique Light & Cognitive Therapy For Alzheimer’s Disease And Dementia
• Use 40Hz light therapy alone or combine with brain games
• Use 40Hz sound therapy in combination with 40Hz light therapy and brain games
• You favorite cognitive games designed for people with low computer skills: Sudoku, Tic-Tac-Toe, Clocks, from very easy to challenging
• A personalized Life Coach that includes Guided Meditations, Exercises, Daily Planner, and more
New research suggests that exposure to a light flickering at 40Hz may promote gamma brain wave activity through the photic entrainment phenomenon. These waves have the potential to activate critical cleaning cells in the brain that could eliminate beta amyloid plaques.
Research has also shown that cognitive exercises could have a major effect on improving memory. The synergistic combination of light and cognitive therapy utilized in AlzLife has the potential to improve the brain’s function better than either of these therapies alone.
SCIENCE BEHIND THE PROJECT
The most recent research about light therapy for Alzheimer's disease appeared in the journal Nature in 2016, entitled “Gamma frequency entrainment attenuates amyloid load and modifies microglia.” Researchers from MIT found that shining a strobe light into the eyes of mice with a rodent version of Alzheimer’s disease encouraged protective cells to gobble up the harmful proteins that accumulate in the brain. Exposure to the 40Hz flashing light for an hour led to a noticeable reduction in beta amyloid over the next day in parts of the neocortex and hippocampus. Doing this every day for a week led to even greater reductions in beta amyloid.
In addition, there is a significant body of evidence that computerized brain training improves the memory of patients with Alzheimer’s and dementia and could help avert some symptoms of cognitive decline.
HOW TO USE ALZLIFE
We recommend using your AlzLife app for one hour a day. The MIT research shows a drastic reduction in amyloid beta protein after only one hour of light exposure. If the 40Hz gamma frequency flicker is too bothersome, start using the app with the light therapy settings set to a minimum. Most people will get used to the flicker over several sessions. If you stop noticing the flicker, you may want to increase the intensity within the app’s Light Setting. The best recommendation for any therapy is to use it in moderation and make adjustments based on how you feel.
The game portion of the therapy was specifically designed for memory and cognitive improvement. Start the cognitive therapy with games you are familiar with, then continue with as many games as possible. We recommend starting at an easy level and slowly increasing the game difficulty to a level that is challenging but not uncomfortable.
The light therapy part of this application requires the refresh rate of your device to be at least 120Hz. At the time of this release, the only two devices with 120Hz refresh rate are iPad Pro 10.5 and 12.9 inches. Frequencies outside of the gamma range 40Hz have been shown to NOT produce the same effect in regards to the clearance of amyloid beta protein.
The FREE version of AlzLife provides access to light therapy and easy level of each game. More challenging levels require a tuition. The most popular tuition plan in $79.99 yearly ($9.99/month) and pays for the development of new cognitive activities that are added each month.
• Tuition will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Tuition automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• You can turn off auto-renewal by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that plan.
Terms of service: https://www.alz.life/terms-of-service/
What's New in This Version Describe what's new in this version of your app, such as new features, improvements, and bug fixes.
We’re listening to your feedback and working hard to improve AlzLife. Here’s what’s new:
- 40Hz Sound Therapy with clicks and tone (in addition to 40Hz Light Therapy)
- Progress Tracking
- A new Clock Game
- A new Memory Game
- A personalized Life Coach that includes:
- Guided meditations to help you relax
- Powerful exercises to help you stay in shape
- Daily Planner with a personalized checklist
- Conversation starters to provide ideas for lively conversations
Ratings and Reviews
Light therapy problem
The light therapy function of this program is only effective when used with an iPad Pro 10.5 inch from 2017 or newer. The app has that information buried in the faq page towards the bottom.
If you have a newer iPad Pro, great, otherwise just stick to the sound function.
Developer Response ,
Dear JWR MD,
Thank you for your review! You are right. The 40Hz light stimulation is generated by iPad Pro 2017 or newer. The Settings>Light section includes a warning for all other devices that are generating 30Hz light stimulation.
- ALZHEIMER'S LIGHT, LLC
- 37.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Alzheimer's Light LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly $9.99
- Yearly $79.99
- Lifetime $199.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.