Are you a worrier? Do you wonder if you have might have a problem with anxiety? Do you feel nervous or afraid when you have to do certain things? Do you wonder if your anxiety is normal or sometimes think you may need help with it? If yes, this app may be for you.
The purpose of this app is to help you explore whether or not anxiety is a problem for you. Based on your answers, the app will direct you to activities that may be helpful. For example, this app can help you learn how to recognize the signs of
anxiety. It can also help you figure out if your anxiety is normal for your age, or if it is something you might need help with. The app can help you look at different areas of your life to see if anxiety is affecting you. If anxiety is something you need help with, the app can help you learn strategies for dealing with anxiety and set goals to help you do this.
- Was designed for youth 12-18 years old, with the input of youth
- Does not collect personal information, with all the information you provide stored locally on your device
Please be aware that:
- You may use this app if you are above 18 years of age; however, some of the features of the app may not work for your age group
- You may want to consider password protecting your device to keep your information private.
- This app and its contents are designed for information purposes only and cannot be used to diagnose or treat anxiety or other mental health problems.
- This app is not a substitute for professional mental health care or emergency services
Am I Anxious? was created by Dr. Julie Eichstedt, Dr. Devita Singh, and Dr. Kerry Collins, in collaboration with mindyourmind and input from youth volunteers. It was programmed and designed by Red Square Labs, with support from the Children's Health Foundation, and its donors, including the John and Jean Wettlaufer Family.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.