Amarra Play brings the highest quality playback to your IOS device. Now providing access to your Qobuz account and soon your TIDAL account, Amarra Play is the app that brings you the tools to get the music you love right at your fingertips.
As a stand-alone app you'll enjoy:
• A free version to get superior sound for your audio files copied to your mobile device including FLAC files as well as your local Apple Music library. Spice it all up with a set of powerful EQ presets.
• Upgrade with the in-app purchase for MQA decoding, expand to a professional grade, customizable EQ and add access to your Qobuz and TIDAL accounts as well!
When used with Amarra Luxe, unlock the following features:
• Remote control of Amarra Luxe and Amarra sQ+ from Amarra Play. Relax, sit back and enjoy!
• Use Amarra Play to play your music on your IOS device
Download files to your IOS device (local files only)
Stream files to your IOS device (local, Qobuz and TIDAL files)
• Formats Supported
MQA Decode up to 96 kHz (Amarra Luxe license required)
AIFF, AIFC, MP3, ALAC, FLAC, WAV, AAC, DSD->PCM real-time conversion
NOTE: Amarra Play must be running on same wireless network as computer.
Visit www.sonicstudio.com to get your free 15 day free trial of Amarra Luxe
- Fixing issues with video playback
Ratings and Reviews
Want to like it
Seems like it has potential but it's been around for a while? Search, like the Amara for Tidal mac desktop app, takes well over 60 seconds to return inconsistent results. The EQ is pretty nice to have but doesn't stick and my user preset can't be accessed due to poor UI design. I've had no issues really with connecting and controlling my computer with the mobile app barring those few times when pausing/playing didn't change the desktop playback state.
It’s ok but needs work
The music from the app sounds great but some issues need to be addressed first is the music you sync from iTunes needs to be able to load faster because for some reason it doesn’t load at all for me at times. Second is if you use the file sharing for this app it removes your cover art for some reason even if it is embedded in the music file.
Yes there are some bugs and quirks, but for someone wanting an EQ and the best sounding Masters from Tidal, it is a must!
The other nice thing about Amarra Play, is the remote capability to control the Mac counterpart.
Likewise, the Mac counterpart I use, Amarra Lux, you won't find better sound! It too has some bugs and flaws.
The bottom line, if you are like me, and want quality sound, you will welcome these apps and overlook the bugs until they are addressed.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sonic Studio LLC
- 78.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Sonic Studio, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Adds Qobuz, TIDAL, MQA and EQ $12.99
- Adds support for MQA decoding $3.99
- EQ support $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.