Use the Amazon Alexa App to set up your Alexa-enabled devices, listen to music, create shopping lists, get news updates, and much more. The more you use Alexa, the more she adapts to your voice, vocabulary, and personal preferences.
• Get more out of your Echo device through personalized feature recommendations from Alexa
• Discover and enable recommended Alexa skills
• Pick up where you left off directly from the home feed with lists, shopping, or recently played Music and Books
MANAGE YOUR DEVICES
• Set up your Alexa-enabled devices, control or check status of your compatible smart lights, locks and thermostats at home or on the go
• Create routines to automate your smart home devices
MUSIC & BOOKS
• Connect to music services like Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio. Choose a song or playlist and listen on your Alexa-enabled devices
• Create speaker groups to play music across your compatible Echo devices for multi-room music
ORGANIZE YOUR DAY
• View and edit shopping and to-do lists on the go, get weather and news updates, manage timers and alarms, and more
• Use Drop In from your app to connect instantly with your compatible Echo devices, like a two-way intercom
• Call or message supported Alexa-enabled devices, at no additional cost
Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
You have to have the app in order to use any Alexa device. One of the most basic features of these devices are their alarms and timers. One of the most basic features of these devices are their alarms and timers. Instead of manually reciting my alarms/timer I prefer to manually set it in the app, so that I don’t have to sit there and wait for her feed back/confirmation to each alarm before I am able to move on to setting the next one. Also the app is sometimes able to save alarms with certain songs on certain Apps as well as for certain days, this is very convenient. I prefer to just switch the alarms on when they are able to save rather than repeat them. Please find a way to fix my access to the alarms in the app, I am unable to use it for longer than three seconds without it saying/claiming that my device is off-line. While I am using the device and trying to set the alarms I am able to speak to it and use it verbally completely, although it completely claims to be off-line in the app, not allowing me to access anything manually inside the app. I have to close out and cancel the Avenue and open it every three seconds so it’s a race against the clock to manually switch on the alarms. Both techniques are pain, although I like using this device as an alarm. If there’s anything I can do to make this not happen please let me know
List feature a problem - updated
Developers have fixed the list issues with a recent update. Very happy with the app now.
I use this app primarily for the list feature (I have a new baby so I track all feedings, diapers and update the shopping list for groceries when my SO goes to Whole Foods) and agree with other reviews on here that the list feature has become a huge hassle. I used to have no problems accessing my lists. Now, when re-opening the app I’m unable to navigate to another list or add additional items to my lists without having to completely close the app and re-open it again and wait for it to gather all my data. I can then use the list function normally for that session, and will have to dismiss the app again and re-open it to update it again the next time I need to (which is about 20 times a day because I’m tracking feedings and diapers with a newborn). I continue to use it because it’s a great help to add items to my lists via several echo dots I have in the home, but manually updating the lists when Alexa can’t hear me (over a hungry crying baby for instance) is my main issue with this app. Would be thrilled if developers could fix this feature as I have enough to handle at this moment without constantly fussing with the devices that are supposed to simplify life, not complicate it.
Still Learning at 65, but love this thing!
Ok, I have to say that technology is getting harder and harder for me to keep up with. I have an Associate Degree in Computer Science from way back when, so Im not intimidated by all this new technology, however my brain is beginning to feel overloaded at times trying to figure out the Echos, Google WiFi, Macbooks, Iphones, Smart plugs, Ipads, etc. I really wanted this Echo to hookup seamlessly with Fire TV, however, that didnt happen after an extended amount of time with tech support. So, now Im just using it for fun and necessities. It is kind of nice to get up and ask what the weather is, or how the traffic is to x location today, but I really like it when I can ask her to play soft music. Sooo relaxing at my age. My husband, the curmudgeon, can barely operate a flip phone. He has managed to get himself comfortable with asking the weather on Fire TV, but thats the extent of it. He didnt want the Google WIFI system because he thought you had to talk to the pods....enough said. I still love the Echo! Good Purchase, easy to install.
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 250.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © AMZN Mobile LLC 2014-2019
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.