READ ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
Got a Mac? You've got a Kindle. Kindle books you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app.
GO BEYOND PAPER
Turn your Mac into a book with the free Kindle app—so you can read anytime, anywhere. Explore these reading features in the Kindle app:
• Read your way. Customize your text size, font type, margins, text alignment, and orientation (portrait or landscape)—and choose whether to turn pages from left to right or continuously scroll. Read comfortably day and night with adjustable brightness and background colors. Go to the Aa menu in your book to get started.
• Look up words, people, and places while you read. Breeze through words you don’t know and characters you can’t remember with the built-in dictionary, X-Ray, Wikipedia lookup, instant translations, and search within your book. Simply click and hold a word to view its definition, or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Track your reading progress. See what percent of the book you’ve read, real page numbers (for most top titles), and how much time you have left in the chapter or book based on your actual reading speed.
• Bookmark places you want to revisit, and make highlights and take notes throughout your book. Open My Notebook to see all your notes in the same place.
• Hop, skim, and jump with Page Flip. Flip between pages or get a bird’s-eye view of your book with Page Flip—don’t worry, we’ll save your place.
• Zoom in on high-definition color images in Kindle books, magazines, comics, and manga.
• Sync your books across devices. When you’re reading a book, the Kindle app will automatically sync where you left off—along with any bookmarks, highlights, or notes—so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another.
• When you can’t read, listen. Switch seamlessly from reading your Kindle book to listening to your Audible book, all within the Kindle app.
By using this app, you agree to Amazon’s Conditions of Use (www.amazon.com/conditionsofuse) and Privacy Notice (www.amazon.com/privacy).
- Text selection and highlighting improvements
- Shift+click to select multiple books in Library
- Play and pause audiobooks with the space bar
- Delete flashcards for a cleaner study space
- Added citation to copied text for easy referencing
Ratings and Reviews
Kindle is great, but Kindle Unlimited has made it AMAZING!!😍😍📖
I have always been a bookworm but times are tough, I can’t afford to go buy books to read right now, especially considering I can’t reread something I’ve already read. I can’t get into it if I know what’s going to happen, so I definitely can’t afford to spend the amount of money they now cost to only get use one time.. Plus I have “feral kids” (if you know, you KNOW but if not, look it up😅).. but Kindle Unlimited allows you to pay so much per month & “borrow” as many books as your heart desires, read, return, & replace with another good book that sparks your interest. And there are all types of books too, healing, self help, thriller, psychological thriller, fantasy, etc. Memoirs, etc. I highly recommend “If You Tell” by Gregg Olsen. It’s a memoir its a true story but be forewarned that it isn’t for the weak, these people went through horrible things, be ready to cry like i did. 🥺 it was beautifully written, & these victims/survivors NEED their story to get out there & the mom is being released this year and they want everyone to be warned, this woman may kill again.
Anyways, if you’re wondering if you should get it or not, here is your sign:
DO IT, & GET KINDLE UNLIMITED. They offer a free trial to show you how great it is so you can try it for free and read a months worth of books for free! Thank me later, you’re welcome.😊
Overall good but…
Kindle app is a great reader. However, it contains some extra features which would be AMAZING if they would develop them just a bit further so they could be put to more practical and more productive use. Kindle reader app for me, is more than just a reader like a little kindle device. It’s a productivity and learning tool and with a few little enhancements could be amazingly useful for that. Anyway, updated features are long overdue. 1. It would sure be nice if the highlights had major customizability (best) or at the very least, more color choices. As I’ve expanded my use of them, I have developed a system of highlights that act visual cues for myself for future reference. I have more ideas but the extremely limited choice of colors is frustrating that. 2. The flashcards feature works in a confusing and non-logical way. If I wanted to use the already existing ability to have highlights become flashcards, it only fills one side of the flashcard. It would be better if one could do something like allow me to choose to put adjoining highlights as a pair, the first on the front and the second second on the back. Then I could make flashcards from premises and conclusions in a book. I think that would get a lot of use from people like me who teach. 3. It would sure be helpful if I could select text across a page break with one selection rather than two separate selections. 4. Perhaps an option to read by vertically scrolling text would help with #3?
I see work is being done on library functionality, but
As an avid reader, I’d like to see more improvements for storing, organizing and finding books in my Kindle library in order to make reading Kindle books more enjoyable. 1) There should be a way to bring the categories into the library so I can filter by category and sub-category. For example: category Mystery; subcategory Police Procedural. I can shop for them this way in the Kindle store, I want to be able to view my library the same way. 2). There needs to be a way to quickly see which books have been read, and which have not. 3) There should be a private section in my kindle library that can't be seen by anyone I hand my phone or tablet to. 4) I'd like a way to easily view a series of books in order. It looks like this is being done, but it doesn’t seem to work. Also, I’d like to be able to easily go to the next book in the series. Currently, when I finish a book, a page comes up showing the title and synopsis of the next book in the series. (Thanks for adding that, it has helped a bit to at least see the title of the next book in order). Ideally though, I’d like to be able to select the next book (if in my library) and be able to open it from there. Instead, I have to search my library. Thanks for considering there suggestions.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 90.4 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2009-2023 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
- In-App Purchases
- 770 Tokens - Kindle Vella (US) $9.99
- 140 Tokens - Kindle Vella (US) $1.99
- 368 Tokens - Kindle Vella (US) $4.99
- 140 Tokens - Kindle Vella (US) $1.39
- 368 Tokens - Kindle Vella (US) $3.49
- 770 Tokens - Kindle Vella (US) $6.99