Watch movies, TV, and sports, including Amazon Originals like The Boys, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan as well as recommendations just for you.
• Download videos to watch offline.
• Continue to watch your favorite movie, TV show or a live event via Picture-in-Picture (PiP) while interacting with other apps or websites.
• Rent or buy new-release movies and popular TV shows (availability varies by marketplace).
• Multi-user profiles allow creating personalized entertainment experiences.
• Go behind the scenes of movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb.
• Watch on iPhone and iPad by downloading the separate iOS app (requires iOS 12.1 version or later).
• Watch on Apple TV by downloading the separate tvOS app (requires Apple TV 3rd generation or later).
If you subscribe to Prime Video via iTunes (where available), payment is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase and your subscription automatically renews monthly unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the then current plan period. Your account is charged for renewal within 24 hours before the end of each plan period at the rate of your selected plan. Manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal anytime by going to My Account or through iTunes.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but flawed
I love the prime video app overall. For the most part it remembers where you left off on shows from device to device. I can save my favorites, and it recommends shows for me.
The first flaw that bugs me, if I pause the movie with around 5 minutes left, and come back to it after the screen shuts off, it always skips to the next episode and cuts off my last few minutes. This happens on my Galaxy, Firestick and iPad, so I know it’s not my device . Drives me crazy.
Next flaw is I can’t clear my watch history on just one show. I’m rewatching some shows and lose my place because it shows that I’ve seen all the episodes. I don’t want to clear my entire watch history, then I’ll lose my place in current shows. I wish this was a feature. If this feature exists, I haven’t seen anywhere to click to make this happen.
Other than these two complaints, I enjoy prime video very much!
No longer usable with ChromeCast, multiple other issues
Since the last update, the Prime Video app no longer gives the option to cast to the television with any device other than Apple TV. Fortunately, I have one, but the problem doesn’t end there. The app for Apple TV is buggy, freezing every 5 minutes or suddenly jumping backward to an earlier scene and causing the subtitles to go out of sync. AirPlay from the iPhone seemed like a way around this, but it is restricted for some content without a valid explanation (tonight the movie I was watching from a subscription channel could not be airplayed on the tv because it was a “free episode” while many shows which are actually included with Prime would work without issue (?)). As a result, I’m suddenly unable to use Prime, which WAS my favorite streaming service, reliably with my television. None of the usual remedies, such as reinstalling the app or resetting the modem, have had any effect on this issue, either with regard to the function of the Apple TV app or the availability of ChromeCast or AirPlay. If this obstacle cannot be surmounted somehow, I will have little choice other than to cancel my subscription.
Good enough but not great!
I find the layout of the movies a bit awkward. I wish for example when I want to look at my watchlist it would show thumbnails on the entire page of nothing but my watchlist. Same with the different categories of watch next or any other category of movies. I hate swiping from right to left to have to go through a bunch of movies to find the movie I am looking for. Good enough of selection of movies, never enough. Like to see more foreign films and independent films.
Also would like to see them get rid of the ludicrous restriction of the prohibition against watching videos outside the country. Why do they care if I watch it in Utah or if I watch it in Japan? I have paid to watch the film. They certainly should be able to work around this legal technicality which is absurd! That’s when I want to watch my movies the most, when I’m outside the country.
Also I think they charge for way too many series and films when I am a Prime member. They vast majority should be free.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 50.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.4 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.1 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Copyright 2021 Amazon.com and its affiliates.
- In-App Purchases
- Prime Video Monthly $8.99
- Prime Video Monthly $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.