High quality translation tool
Introducing Ambassador Interpreter, the highest quality translation tool out there for professionals from all
backgrounds. From training to travel, groups to solo, the Ambassador allows you to have smooth conversations free
from the constraints of language barriers.
The Ambassador's over-the-ear design makes it as versatile as it is shareable. Enjoy seamless pairing, simple sharing
and adaptable settings for natural and professional-grade live translations across the globe.
Ambassador is extremely easy-to-use and can be set up in moments. To begin, users pair their Ambassador devices
to their smartphone and can enable 3 modes:
• Listen - As an interpreter, Ambassador actively listens for someone speaking near you (within 8 feet / 2.5
meters) and translates their speech into your native language.
• Lecture - Ideal for groups and conferences, set your Ambassador to translate everything you say and stream it
through your smartphone’s loudspeaker or a paired audio system for your audience.
• Converse - Simply share one of the Ambassador units with your guest so you can both understand and
communicate in your native languages. Pair up to 4 units to your smartphone for a smooth sharing experience.
Languages + Dialects
Ambassador Interpreter currently supports 20 languages + 42 dialects
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Arabic, Greek, Russian, Hindi, Turkish, Polish, Chinese
Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Cantonese, Hebrew, Thai, Vietnamese and Dutch
*The app requires purchase of an Ambassador Interpreter device by Waverly Labs Inc., acceptance of Terms of
Terms of Service: https://www.waverlylabs.com/terms-service
• Introducing natural pauses to prevent interruptions during speech recognition
• Your most recently used languages now appear at the top of the language selection list
• Bug fixes and minor improvements
Ratings and Reviews
My Adjustment time needed
I just need some hands on time to get use to the procedure on how to use the Ambassador. When to click and when not to. I need the Adjustment time. And the time delay takes some getting use to. I am taking a trip to Germany and Switzerland this summer and I want to put this to good use. The ear piece is a little tight on my ear but I am going to try to get it to loosen up. If I could make any suggestions on improvements it might be to increase the reception distance. With Covid it’s hard to get 2 meters way. That’s kinda close. Otherwise it’s great.
Ups and downs
As an investor for Waverly Labs I’ve had high hopes for this product for the last few years. Based on my industry and the vast number of folks I speak with who speak other languages I was excited to be able to get rid of the standard “language lines” and cut the middle man out. Unfortunately the Ambassador is not there yet. When conversing with another person while each are using an earpiece translation is a “B” as long as each person speaks clearly, slowly, and louder than the standard conversational tone of voice. When in “listen” mode however, the translation is abysmally poor. Listening to a conversation where others are speaking another language has resulted in some of the most comical sentences I have ever heard. We’ve all had a good laugh around the office as we have played with then”listen” setting.
I know Waverly was anxious to get this to market and Covid certainly has not helped, but as an investor I would have much preferred another 6 months of R&D and improvements before this hit the shelves. With any hope some future software updates will cure the ailments of the Ambassador and it will not be a hardware issue.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. Covid indeed impacted our planning but Ambassador was released as soon as we deemed it ready. At Waverly Labs we not only value our user feedback, we use it to iterate and bring our products to their full potential. We already have many refinements on our roadmap which will further improve your future experience of Ambassador, and those software updates will be released soon.
Too Many Glitches
As an investor with Waverly, I expected a product that would blow my mind off. Alas, the end product is very inferior.
When you think of technology like this, I always compare it to Apple. Apples products integrate seamlessly. Setup is a breeze. However, this product fails miserably and I don’t think there will be mass adoption of this product - professional or personal. Here are sone if the issues -
1. Pairing - it takes a few attempts of turning the earpiece on and off to get the App to connect to the device. Even if it’s connected before. It’s a real pain.
2. I had a firmware upgrade and now one of the earpieces is stuck in a blue light and there is no way to turn it off or reset. It’s just frozen and unusable.
3. Can’t find any “support” documentation on fixing this issue or even “how to reset” the device.
4. When you hit support on the App, it goes to an email page, but, can’t hit “send” even after typing sufficient characters. It’s just grayed out.
5. The translation is meh. Granted there are differences in dialect, but it still struggles mightily. Unless you are speaking one phrase at a time, having an everyday conversation is extremely difficult because the device can’t keep up.
I give 1 star for the concept. Inferior product. Don’t see their shares go anywhere if they ever IPO. You win some lose some.
I have no way of contacting the company fir support. So here I am.
Developer Response ,
1. We're working on improving this by bringing an auto-reconnect feature via firmware update, so stick around!
2. After the firmware is loaded, you should see a popup asking you to wait for the device to turn off before restarting it. The blue light indicates that the Ambassador is installing the firmware.
3. If anything goes wrong on the firmware update, it should automatically reset. If not, you can contact us to return/exchange your Ambassador.
4. Make sure you selected a subject and that your email is valid.
5. Thanks for your feedback, we do have a lot of improvements coming up in that area too in the next few months.
If you still have issues contacting support, don't hesitate to use the website by going to https://support.waverlylabs.com/.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Waverly Labs Inc.
- 64.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Waverly Labs
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.