*** Featured by Apple "Apps We Love" June 2020 ***
Bring the soundtrack of people back to your life.
*** No subscriptions! Try it free, and remove the ads whatever you'd like. ***
Has Your World Been Too Quiet Lately?
Whether we're working in a coffeeshop amidst strangers, or walking down a crowded street, people make up the ambient soundtrack of our lives. Concentration is tough with an absence of sound. Ambients reintroduces the quiet, persistent background noise of the world with audio tracks meant to soothe without distraction.
Three free tracks are available, with no distracting ads:
* Coffee Shop
* New York City Streets
Crave more? Listen to the rest after watching a quick ad and consider removing the ads if you enjoy!
Drinks & Dining
* Coffee Shop
* Jazz Club
* European Outdoor Market
* Busy Restaurant
* Sidewalk Cafe
* Ice Skating on a Pond
* Neighborhood Swimming Pool
* Theme Park (Carousels & Roller Coasters)
* Streets of New York City
* Evening Paris Stroll
* Walking in Madrid
* Netherlands Riverside Park
* Exploring Greece
*Hanging Out at the Mall
All tracks now available to everyone! If you haven't purchased Ambients you will just need to watch a short ad before each track. Please consider purchasing to remove the ads if you feel Ambients has been enjoyable! In the future, we expect to add at least one new track a month, and we hope to have our first binaural track soon! Thank you to all our supporters, and please continue to let us know how we can improve!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It just finished downloading.
I love it and I have a great one for you the developers! How about this. Maybe I want it cause I’ve never been and just wanna hear it... I hear it in every movie that has a scene shot at near or on the famous ice skating rink in New York. It is definitely relaxing and it is a much different sound than people cars water whales or any other! It is it’s own very unique sound of the skaters sliding and slapping over the top of hard packed ice with freshly sharpened rental skates. and the innocent laughter of children and happy and warming sound of new and old friends talking and laughing and singles mingling and meeting other singles and the sound of there nervous and vulnerable laughter. Anyways. I believe it would set your app aside and more so, on top, of the charts and other apps!!! No other has it!!!
Developer Response ,
We're glad you like it and keep your ears out for some exciting updates in the future. We appreciate the ideas!
Attractive, nice ambient sound app. A few odd things: there is a progress line for the ambient track playing, but no control for moving forward/back - minor quibble, but confusing. Why is it there if not for control? I’d think focusing on the position of the track would be antithetical to the purpose, which is to be able to do other stuff with this in the background?
I also quickly noticed that all three included tracks have the same base white sound to them with thematic elements (spoon on a teacup; distant honking horn) peppered in. Not sure if that’s good or bad, but it’s stood out quickly. (Also, to be fair, I’m not using headphones right now, so my iPad speakers may not be reproducing all of the details here.)
Last, a suggestion: for the unpurchased “locked“ soundscapes, perhaps include a 10 second sample clip for each? Certainly not enough to be “giving it away“, but enough to be able to hear what’s different about it from the others, to learn if someone wants to buy them or not.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! We are focused on sound production right now, but these are great ideas for down the road.
• Bought on a whim, but sound tracks are only 8-9 minutes each.
• Effectiveness of sound-loops can be increased dramatically if they used at least 20-minute long loops (or longer), because people start remembering song patterns, especially for short songs.
• Also, songs should not have particularly recognizable portions of audio, otherwise it kills any effectiveness of the looping. Just increase length of track to 30 minutes or longer to avoid this issue. Or have an audio engineer mix and remix the audio — you can easily create an unrecognizable 30+ minute loop out of splices of a full 10 minute loop....
• I don’t know why more soundscape apps don’t have longer tracks. We don’t need more tracks, we just need *longer* tracks per track.
• Other Quality of life issues:
1) On ipad, can’t move the app into a split-screen panel frame on the left or right or hidden drawer panel; only full-screen is enabled.
2) Can’t hide the track progress bar on the bottom or current time of track. Annoying for those who want to keep the app focused on the screen, since may start mapping track timings to audio patterns or get unfocused because keep watching the timer bar getting close to the end.
3) At least have an audio engineer mix the end of each track so that when it loops back, you don’t have to fade the audio in and out and its just a seamless loop of audio.
Developer Response ,
We appreciate the feedback. We plan to address all of these issues in future releases, we hope you will stick around to see!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- William Crowder
- 126.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2020 Will Crowder
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Outdoor Fun $2.99
- Remove Ads $4.99
- Unlock World Tour $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.