AMBOSS Medical Knowledge 17+
For study & clinical decisions
- Offers In-App Purchases
Your study and clinical companion. Get fast, reliable answers to clinical questions while studying, preparing for exams, or managing patients.
IMPRESS YOUR ATTENDING & PROVIDE EXCELLENT PATIENT CARE WITH AMBOSS
- Find the answers you need with the AMBOSS Knowledge app. It works offline so you can use it in the hospital and on the go.
- Interpret key clinical findings on diagnostic images with image overlays.
- Stay on top of every patient with evidence-based patient-care tools, such as diagnostic flowcharts, acute management checklists, drug dosing, clinical calculators, warning signs, and more.
- Make quick decisions confidently, so you can spend more time with your patients.
ACE YOUR MEDICAL SCHOOL EXAMS
- Be prepared for every exam (in-house, USMLE® Step, or NBME® Shelf exams) with expertly-created high-yield content that covers the entire USMLE® content outline.
- Connect your Anki flashcards to the AMBOSS library and remember everything you learn. You’ll get pop-up explanations of medical terms and images right there in your Anki decks. Now available on mobile.
- The library content is designed for quick and easy access so you can find the relevant info you need in seconds. And if you want to dive deeper for a more thorough understanding of the topic at hand, all you need to do is click.
- Succeed on Shelf exams and honor clinical rotations with the Clerkship Survival Guides and clinical content.
- The AMBOSS Qbank app is the ideal way to apply your knowledge and become a top-tier test-taker with its learning features. It is available as a separate app. Once downloaded, both AMBOSS apps integrate seamlessly with each other for a complete studying experience.
*AMBOSS users score higher on exams and perform better in the hospital. Learn more here.
- Create your account at amboss.com/us
- Download the AMBOSS Medical Knowledge Library app.
- Once that’s done, you’ll have 5 days to explore the platform for FREE.
- When your 5-day free trial is up, choose the membership that’s right for you and become part of the AMBOSS medical community.
IN CASE YOU NEED HELP
If you have any questions, check out our Help Center or get in touch and we’ll be happy to assist.
Terms and Conditions: https://www.amboss.com/us/terms
Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Love it but make the app better
Hi, I think amboss is an amazing resource. I am in my preclinical years and this is by far the best bang for your buck. The questions range from easy to hard, and I mean challenging your mind brain hurts hard. The explanations are fabulous and the integration between the library and knowledge is nothing spectacular but gets the job done. The reason why I didn’t give this 5 stars has nothing to do with the quality of amboss but the app doesn’t allow you to highlight key things in the passage which is a super downfall because that’s how I take my tests. Also, I only use my iPad for school so I cannot reap the benefits of using the amboss Anki add on on my iPad, which is disappointing. Overall love the app and recommend it for anyone who wants to challenge themselves and be a better doctor.
Developer Response ,
Hey Phil, thanks so much for your review. We are so glad that you love our content! The ability to self-highlight text manually in our Knowledge app is a great suggestion and I can understand why this would be so useful for you. I have passed this suggestion directly on to our Product team. In the meantime, you can use the AMBOSS Highlight feature which can be found in each of our articles. This feature will highlight the high-yield information relevant to your study objective. Please make sure to keep your study objective up to date to get the most of this feature, you can change it at any time in the Account Settings > About me section.
Our Anki add-on does not support the mobile version of Anki because of the technical limitations associated with this version of the Anki app. This is something that may change in the future, and we are looking forward to being able to build an AMBOSS Anki add-on which will be compatible with the Anki mobile app.
Looks great but
The app itself looks great. The layout looks carefully thought out. And has a lot of information. I got it through tan Instagram ad and read the reviews. I would love to try it out. But I am only a high school student. I play sports as well and do not have time for a job. I want to be an anesthesiologist and I think this app could better my study habits to help me get there. So maybe there could be a free version with add or make some of the content limited and the people with memberships get full access. I don’t know but I would really love to use the app. If not I’d keep the app until Im able to get a job in the future.
I always have this ready to go whenever I’m doing rounds or am sitting in lecture waiting for questions to be asked - so much easier to find info on here than on Up To Date or other similar resources! Sometimes there are tiny discrepancies with first line treatments and diagnostic modalities that my attendings want me to know and that are relevant for shelf exams. Being able to add your own notes to each section is really great when that does happen or if you’re on a specialty rotation that goes farther in depth than the articles do. Just wish there was a way to add our own highlights to notes for study and review purposes
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the nice rating, Keener! We are delighted to know that you find our content useful not only in lectures but also on the wards.
Having an option to manually highlight passages in notes is certainly something that would help while reviewing this content for your exams or other tasks. Your suggestion has been passed on to our product team for consideration. I hope that this is something we will be able to add to AMBOSS in the future.
Feel free to send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to further discuss this or anything else. Jakub from the AMBOSS team
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AMBOSS GmbH
- 56.6 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © AMBOSS GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- AMBOSS Plus $14.99