The AMBOSS Knowledge USMLE app and the AMBOSS Qbank app together offer a complete and streamlined study resource for your Clerkships, NBME® Subject Board (Shelf) Exams, and the USMLE™ Step 1 and Step 2 CK & CS. It can also be used as a supplementary resource for the USMLE Step 3 exam. Both apps are free with a subscription to AMBOSS.
No Wi-Fi? No problem. The apps work both online and offline.
The AMBOSS medical Knowledge Library has 900+ Learning Cards with 15,000+ terms and topics that can be reviewed and studied in depth, and can act as a point-of-care resource for quick referencing when you’re with patients or your attending physician. With its tight integration with the Qbank app and numerous features to help you pinpoint your knowledge gaps, AMBOSS delivers the most complete medical learning platform available.
Take charge of your medical studies. With AMBOSS, you can replace multiple, scattered sources with a single touchpoint that can meet your medical knowledge needs. Developed by a team of over 60 USMLE trained physicians, you’ll find a comprehensive medical library, practice exam questions, physical exam cases, interactive multimedia materials, and more at your fingertips and in seconds.
Gain confidence when you are on the wards, and be prepared to tackle all your exams with the help of AMBOSS Knowledge USMLE. You can:
• Reference content at the point-of-care. Utilize the only reference application specifically designed for students on the wards that offers just the right amount of information.
• Find every answer. Access thousands of library knowledge cards outlining diagnoses, diseases, and more in just a few taps.
• Optimize your study time. Switch on high-yield mode to see the most important information you need to know on every card.
• Study with interactive materials. Enrich your study sessions with a variety of multimedia elements, from X-rays with overlays to videos.
• Make use of your downtime. Review from anywhere, including on your commute or between rounds on the wards—even in Wi-Fi free zones.
• Close knowledge gaps. Get a boost when reviewing the information you missed the first time around by turning on the learning radar.
Here’s what medical students are saying about us:
“AMBOSS is the resource that we’ve been waiting for — its integrated platform helped me study smarter and set a new personal best.” —Michelle Lundholm, Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University
“I used AMBOSS for the first time on my Neurology Shelf and scored the highest I have all year (95th percentile). The difficulty of the questions, excellent explanations, and breadth of the Qbank adequately prepared me to perform well on test day!” —MS3 Student, Creighton University School of Medicine
"The highlighting and attending tips are excellent. They are a push in the right direction to encourage critical thinking. This is especially important early in a clerkship when the knowledge base is not that strong...no one else is doing that.” —Michael McClurkin, Harvard Medical School
Various bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
New library takes some time to install
Allow the app to sit open a few minutes to install the library. Mine didn’t work until I did this.
Great for shelf studying
Question and content great especially for neurology. Good background concept teaching and organized explanations for all your shelf needs.
Far too difficult to use
When I first installed the app it said I needed to install a “library,” but it didn’t seem able to actually do this. Now it has no offline access and can’t achieve online access (I have a working cellular connection), so I have no access whatsoever. It’s a shame, since the review material offered by AMBOSS is quite good overall. From my end, this app is not ready for release to the public.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks for letting us know about this. Normally, you should be able to download the library using a cellular connection if you have the right access rights (you can check this in the settings menu). That being said, it could be that you ran into a bug. I hope the problem has been solved in the meanwhile, but if not, please send us a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll investigate further! Thanks again for your feedback!
- AMBOSS GmbH
- 47.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © AMBOSS GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.