With the American Airlines app, you’re covered with the information you need exactly when you need it. Curious about traffic to the airport? Need a mobile boarding pass? Wondering where the closest Admirals Club® lounge is located? All of this info, and more, is available at your fingertips.
- Dynamic home screen: Knows where you are in your travel journey and gives you easy access to the right tools at the right time.
- Mobile boarding pass: Check in for your trip and retrieve your mobile boarding pass. No need to print, and it’s updated along the way.
- Flight updates: Get the latest flight updates by simply retrieving your reservation and allowing American Airlines to send notifications to your mobile device.
- Interactive terminal maps: Navigating airports is a breeze with our interactive terminal maps. Find the closest Admirals Club lounge or get directions to your connecting gate.
- AAdvantage® account details: Review all the details of your AAdvantage account right from the app. Not an AAdvantage member? Sign up today.
- Upgrade your seat: Request and purchase upgrades with ease. Want to see where you are on the list? The app displays the upgrade standby list within four hours of your scheduled departure.
- Seat selection: Select or change your seat within the app. Just pick the one you’d like and change it on the spot.
- Track your bag: Know exactly where your bag is from the time it leaves your hands to when you extend the handle at your final destination.
- Save your reservation: Your recently viewed reservations are automatically saved in the app so you can easily grab the details for your next flight in seconds.
- Quick interactions: The American app utilizes 3D touch and is Apple watch compatible, giving you quick access to the most important info.
- Wi-Fi access in the air: Don’t forget on flights with Wi-Fi, you can use the American app and aa.com at no cost.
There’s a new group of flyers out there – The World’s Greatest Flyers. They know that having the right travel tools contributes to a great experience.
New with iOS10, the sky’s the limit with the American Airlines sticker pack! Let friends and family know that you’re traveling, headed to the Admirals Club® lounge to take it easy before taking off, snapping photos at 30,000 feet or that you’ve arrived.
Contact Us: 1-800-222-2377
• Ready to fly – Introducing our new travel hub with information specific to your international destination. Travel with confidence knowing you have everything you need in one place.
• We also made small enhancements and defect fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Terrible app, this isn’t very functional compared to the United app. I dropped United last year and I am a frequent flyer and now Platnium pro. The WiFi functionality in the air to stream just doesn’t work well in the app. How you have to switch back and forth multiple times going from ur WiFi settings to the app in order to play a video. U should simply be on the WiFi and then be able to select entertainment and be able to select the video all in the app. The upgrade list isn’t well done and isn’t able to be seen in real time except right before boarding. Interactive maps are terrible. Push notifications for boarding, or modifying push notifications to 15 min before boarding so you can leave the Admirals club and make it to your gate on time.
Also it is a pain when ur boarding pass expires when in the air, a big problem when ur flight is delayed. I get better notifications from Kayak about my American Airlines delays and baggage claim then I get out of the American app. It is truly a disappointing app.
Horrible experience with VeriFLY
Flight 805 from Cancun to phl... April 5 238pm
VeriFLY downloaded before the trip. Our trip went as planned and we had a wonderful time. We were not able to check into our flight or make any changes using the app the night before. Our transportation got us to the airport as scheduled around 12:15. This would leave plenty of time to get settled and arrive to our gate. When we arrived at the airport we still could not check in at the kiosk there were 2 lines one for VeriFLY and one If you did not. I explained that I had VeriFLY but it was loading and my husband also had it and I was his companion. We were sent into the main assistance line and we did not reach the counter until 1:45 boarding started at 1:53. The rest of our party was at the gate and relaxed. We were so tired that we even asked if there was a voucher or option to stay and change our flight to the next day. After all of that standing in line They didn’t even ask for the paper of the negative covid test. We were extremely frustrated and disappointed in this process. Other airlines had the option to quickly scan the covid results and keep things moving. We arrived at our gate just before boarding was closing and thankfully friends were able to grab us something to eat. Our luggage did arrive however the wheel was broken off of my suitcase. This was truly a horrible experience.
Most things good but service reduction on flights truly a sad way to skimp on service to save money.
The app is almost always very efficient.... but recently, my seat assignment that I chose in a premium economy as a Platinum Pro an aisle seat 9c when I made the reservation... but I went to check later that week I saw that my seat assignment was changed to a window seat which is not what I chose. Also... when I am in Premium Economy seats or pay for First... it is pathetic that you are not serving beverage service .... and can’t serve a snack or light meal as was our rationale for buying First in the past ... the service and the way we are treated in first.... so obvious that the management is using Covid as an excuse not to give the exceptional service that American has been known for.... other carriers are treating their loyal customers much better... makes you think about your
Loyalty to American going forward. Just wanted to let you know how so many of your customers are venting and expressing their disgust with the level of service commensurate with Southwest or Spirit.
Developer Response ,
Thank you! We really appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- American Airlines, Inc.
- 177.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2021 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.