American Well for Clinicians 12+
Introducing American Well for Clinicians, the telehealth app that allows providers to conduct live video visits with patients using their iPhone or iPad.
This app allows you to:
• Make yourself available at your own discretion, and see patients only when you have time
• Easily conduct live, secure, HIPAA-compliant video visits
• See your own patient panel or expand your practice by seeing new patients
• Take clinical notes, and if appropriate, diagnose and prescribe
• Review clinical and pharmacological data
• View real-time biometrics data for patients using Apple Health
• Get paid automatically for your visits
American Well for Clinicians connects to the American Well telehealth ecosystem, comprising:
• One of the leading telehealth services in the US
• The most popular consumer telehealth app worldwide in 2014 according to App Annie
• The first telehealth service awarded accreditation by The American Telemedicine Association
• The first telehealth platform to integrate with Apple’s Health App
To start using the app with existing or new patients, your identity and credentials must be verified by the Online Care Group in order to practice. Click here to gain access: https://www.americanwell.com/telehealth-medical-group/
Currently, the Online Care Group provides medical services in all states except Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Louisiana and Texas and nutrition in all states except Kentucky. Behavioral health services is available in all states.
We continue to improve the patient experience with these new features:
• Performance enhancements to increase reliability and speed
Ratings and Reviews
Continuous connection issues
I get the circular “wait” signal when logging in with a patient waiting and the screen is frozen/locked. Only option is to restart, which I sometimes do 7-10 times before it randomly works or I get a call from NOC as to why I have not seen the patient yet. Re-install, phone restart, force quitting other apps makes no difference. Easily the most frustrating part of being a provider. Please put more priority on fixing this.
I enjoy the flexibility
I was skeptical at first, but I now realize the benefits of telemedicine.
The app was somewhat confusing my first time, but now I can use it with ease.
I was worried that my existing patients would ask a million question, but surprisingly things have been smooth for them.
App needs improvement
The app will only allow me to be set up under one account which prevents me from having an accurate view of my calendar and scheduled appointments. There should be a way to sign in and have access to each platform on AmWell just like one would on the web app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- American Well Corporation
- 51.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- ©2020 American Well. All Rights Reserved.