The America’s Test Kitchen app gives you access to the best-tasting recipes made foolproof for you by America’s most trusted test kitchen and volunteer at-home recipe testers. Recipes are consolidated in one place—get every recipe from America’s Test Kitchen, Cook’s Illustrated, and Cook’s Country.
This cooking app contains more than 12,000 recipes for chefs at any level - from novice to expert. Recipes, how to cook videos, full cooking show episodes, unbiased equipment and ingredient ratings, recipe comments, and our exclusive tools - all at your fingertips!
Enjoy recipes for every occasion. Healthy food recipes, slow cooker recipes, and more are available with notes on “Why This Recipe Works” and how the recipes were developed. Cook food and learn from the recipe app that has it all.
Download America’s Test Kitchen today and become a culinary master!
America’s Test Kitchen App Features:
Recipe Book - Save Favorites!
- Cooking app with 12,000+ foolproof recipes
- Recipes tested dozens of times by test cooks and volunteer home cooks
- Cook food by collection: seasonal picks, quick meals, flavorful slow cooker recipes, and more
- Cookbook recipes added every month!
- Save and organize recipes and resources for quick access on any device
How to Cook Videos and Full Episodes
- America’s Test Kitchen and Cook’s Country episodes
- Cooking shows dedicated to teaching you home cooking
- Healthy cooking made easy—watch, learn, and create meal plans
- Kitchen appliance reviews and ingredient ratings at your fingertips
- 8,000+ rigorously researched product reviews
- Save money and time with reviews and ratings for everything from kitchen knives to canned tomatoes
Shopping List Tool
- Create food shopping lists with ease
- Meal planning is easier than ever—create digital shopping lists as you scan through recipes
- Fill your kitchen with everything you need and never forget anything!
Start your culinary journey today!
Sample selected content without an account or try out the entire app with a free trial.
- Current Digital All-Access members can access this app at no additional charge after logging in
- Unlimited access to the ATK app requires a monthly or annual Digital All-Access membership, which also includes all the content across the America’s Test Kitchen, Cook’s Illustrated, and Cook’s Country sites.
CA Privacy Notice: https://www.americastestkitchen.com/guides/corporate-pages/privacy-policy
Terms of Service: https://www.americastestkitchen.com/guides/corporate-pages/terms-of-use
Contact Us: support@Americastestkitchen.com
All subscriptions start at the end of the applicable free trial period. Free trials are only available upon an initial subscription. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account after your free trial period or at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year 24 hours before the end of the current period and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
All products reviewed by America’s Test Kitchen are independently chosen, researched, and reviewed by our editors. We buy products for testing at retail locations and do not accept unsolicited samples for testing. We list suggested sources for recommended products as a convenience to our readers but do not endorse specific retailers. When you choose to purchase our editorial recommendations from the links we provide, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices are subject to change.
If you like our app, we would love it if you could please take a moment to rate us.
For any bug reports or feedback, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In this release:
- Improvements to creating and using your shopping list
- Overall performance enhancements
- Fixes issues where some recipes wouldn’t load due to missing data
Ratings and Reviews
Like the new features, but re-design is pretty bad
It’s nice to see they finally added some new features, particularly user comments on recipes and an actual way to browse recipes by category.
Unfortunately, the new design really isn’t very good. It’s much slower and clunkier than the old app, and user interface is kind of a mess. Plus, the amount of bugs is a bit ridiculous. Constant freezing/crashing, frequent prompts to log in (despite already being logged in). Perhaps the most annoying is, when searching for recipes, hitting the back button after viewing a recipe takes you back to the home page, not your search results (so basically, you have to keep re-searching for what you want over and over again).
It should also be noted, if you paid for a subscription via the app, you CANNOT access the website despite being a paying customer. This completely breaks certain features of the app that require the website. This is less of an issue now that they’ve brought more of the web content into the app, but is still highly frustrating.
New UX needs a lot of work
The app needed updating, for sure. The new app looks great but the UX needs a lot of attention.
First: I search for “roast chicken” which returns a list of recipes. I click on one of them to see what it is, the ingredients, etc. if I decide I don’t want that one and I want to see the next on the list, I should be able to click “back” and see the list of chicken recipes from the search. Nope. It drops you at the main page...where I have to search again for “roast chicken” for the list. Yahoo figured out the expected behavior for moving through search results in about 1995, so whoever wrote this app needs to focus on the basics first, get that right, and move onto the next.
Saving favorites seems to be broken for me. I click on what was the “tag as favorite” icon, I’m asked to create a collection, I do that, and...nothing. I’m pushed back to the main page again.
New version is better but glitchy
I like the new format but my favorites didn’t initially show up. I thought I was going to have to find and re-save them - not happy. Once I logged into Cooks Illustrated app, then ATK seemed to remember and load all my favs.
When I go to favs, it displays, then redisplays again.
When I open a recipe in my favs then close, it resets to the beginning/top of my fav list, not where that opened recipe was located in the list, so now I have to page, page, page to where I left off.
Don’t see a way to sort or organize my fav categories, they display based upon when each was created, not alphabetical or a way to organize them on preferences.
The “save a fav” tag doesn’t always work, have to click and reclining to get it to work.
The Search function in My Favs does not work!
Would REALLy like a feature to change portion sizes (+ and -) which will automatically change and redisplay correct ingredient measurements. So we don’t have to remember we are cutting the recipe and ingredients in half, 1/3 or doubling or.....
App needs the same feature as Cooks Illustrated app, where the ingredients can be displayed on the right side - separate window, so that you can view and scroll directions and ingredients independently next to each other, not scroll up & down and up & down.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- America's Test Kitchen LP
- 21.7 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2021 America's Test Kitchen
- In-App Purchases
- MONTHLY $9.99
- ANNUAL $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.