The efficient app to learn structures, codes, and properties of 20+ amino acids.
Do you know the chemical formula of glycine?
Amino acids are building blocks of proteins and peptides. Thus, the knowledge of their structures and names is important not only for chemists, but also for biologists, pharmacists, and just for everyone studying science or medicine.
This app is the easiest and the most efficient way to learn the structures, codes, and properties of 20 standard amino acids (lysine, valine, threonine, and so on) and more than 20 related compounds (such as ornithine, taurine, cystine and others).
* All 22 proteinogenic Amino Acids (20 common + Selenocysteine and Pyrrolysine).
* Colorful structural formulas.
* Three- and One-letter codes (abbreviations): for example, cysteine = Cys C.
* Isoelectric points (pI).
* Essential Amino Acids - from Phenylalanine to Tryptophan.
* Polar (aspartic and glutamic acids, arginine) and Hydrophobic Amino Acids (leucine, isoleucine).
* Aromatic amino acids (tyrosine).
* Unnatural Amino Acids such as D-Alanine.
* Dipeptides such as Aspartame.
Choose the game mode:
* Spelling quizzes 'Structure - Name'.
* Multiple-choice questions (with 4 or 6 answer options).
* Time game (give as many answers as you can in 1 minute).
Two learning tools:
The app is translated into 9 languages, including English, German, Spanish and many others. So you can learn the names of the amino acids in any of them.
It is a perfect app for everyone studying:
* Organic Chemistry
* Molecular Biology
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Table of other amino acids.
- Japanese translation.
Ratings and Reviews
Helpful for reviewing AAs. I like the cute chime noises for correct answers.
Not bad but why the ads?
I purchased this app and it helps me study, but since I paid for it I shouldn't have ads. Also I wish the name the structure part had a regular keyboard. Basically you could just look at the letters without the structure to figure it out. Can you add supply the name and then draw the structure? If it had that feature I could see $0.99 for the app and still having ads.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review of my app about Amino Acids. Now you can remove ads for free in the app’s Settings.
Crashes on startup
This isn’t even a free game and it literally crashes on every startup.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Andrey Solovyev
- 17.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Andrey Solovyev
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $0.00
- Unlimited Hints $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.