Amity allows Freemasons around the world to experience the Craft in real time. Finally, the power of modern technology is available to Masons.
Version 2.x of the Amity app includes:
- The ability to find Lodges around the world, contact the Secretary, and (if you are a verified member) get directions to the Lodge for your visit. Over 35,000 Lodges, in over 250 Grand Lodges around the world, are in Amity. As of version 2.9, you can use your device's location to search for Lodges near you. As over version 2.12, you can also see meeting times where we have them.
- The ability to check whether your Grand Lodge recognizes another Grand Lodge (whether they are "in amity" with each other). No more flipping through a book when your visitor arrives... now the the Tiler--or any Mason!--can get an answer in real time.
- The ability to check in to your Lodge for a meeting. This reduces the Secretary's workload: creating an attendance roster for the minutes is now as easy as clicking a button. As of version 2.5, you can also see your check in history.
- The ability to read a recent issue of MSA's Short Talk Bulletin. As of version 2.8, a rotating issue of the Bulletin, one of the most widely distributed Masonic publications in the world, is available to you at no cost.
- The ability to track your history in the Craft. Log your degree dates, leadership positions, and honorifics (titles), and see how your membership has changed over time.
Amity also includes a number of features created specifically for Secretaries and Grand Secretaries, such as the ability to verify members and create meeting codes. Grand Secretaries can also use their credentials to access our Grand Secretary's Portal to see additional statistics.
Please let us know what you think -- you can always reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for using Amity!
This is a big release for Amity -- we're happy to announce that you can now update your Honorific and your Role! Many thanks to everyone who has been using the app for so long that you've changed positions... now you can keep track of your history. We've also added a Degree field, so you can document your journey to more Light.
As always, we've also fixed some bugs... keep the feedback coming! Thanks for experiencing the Craft with us.
The Amity Team
Ratings and Reviews
This is an easy and unique way to validate memberships on-the-fly. While
nothing replaces an examination, it still serves a purpose. I’m holding off on 5-stars until the time comes when this app allows for dual/plural membership options.
Amity helps me be a Mason!
My GL just went to Grand View... it’s great for reporting and stuff, but it doesn’t help me do things like travel. Amity helps me do stuff **I** care about. How did it take so long for Masons to get this type of tech?? If the rumors are true and Amity is going to also let me connect with other Masons, this will be one of my favorite apps. Thanks brothers!
The app is so easy to use. Super convenient as well. As a lodge officer, I can safely say that we have used Amity to check on the validity of some of our visitors. I couldn’t be happier with this app and I know I speak for the rest of the officers when I tell you that there is no easier validation-tool out there.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.