AmpKit transforms your Mac into a powerful guitar amp & effects studio!
Includes 22 faithfully-reproduced amps with 38 separate amp channels, 28 pedals, 28 cabinets and 8 mics. Effects include various overdrive, distortion, fuzz, compression and phaser pedals, plus clean boost, delay, reverb, acoustic simulation, wah, EQ, octaver, tremolo, vibrato, chorus, and flanger. Add up 30 pedals per setup for near-infinite tone possibilities. 137 presets to inspire you: from smooth cleans and earthy acoustics to bone-crushing high-gain metal.
"AmpKit: The Best App for Guitarists Comes to Mac"
"It's everything I liked about the iPhone and iPad versions, bigger and with all of the settings more easily accessible on one panel."
- Brett Terpstra, TUAW.com
• All AmpKit gear is accurately modeled after highly-sought-after, real-world guitar gear
• Thunderously accurate high gain amps & effects
• Enhanced high-fidelity simulation to deliver the ultimate in realistic tone on both clean & high-gain setups
• Intuitive and easy-to-use, with authentic visuals and full Retina display support on the new MacBook Pros
• Outstanding 64-bit performance on any Mac running OS X Lion and Mountain Lion, including MacBook Air and MacBook Pro, for ultra-portable operation
• Takes advantage of great OS X features such as Multi-Touch gestures, Full-Screen mode, sharing via email or AirDrop, and Quick Look
• Power users will love AmpKit's multiple UI panels and multi-display support
• Sophisticated recording capabilities with non-destructive re-amping
• World-class bass amplification with 3 feature-rich bass amps
• Jam along with any of AmpKit's 23 included backing tracks or add your own including iTunes music
• Built-in high-precision tuner and metronome
• Works with virtually any analog or digital guitar interface
• renamed some amps, cabs and pedals
Ratings and Reviews
Nice app...left to die on the vine.
Was my "go to" app for practice. Company seemed to have invested a lot of time and effort in their apps, but no updates for years. Fortunately, there are good alternatives.
New Update Deems Ampkit Inoperable
I used to love ampkit, until the last update. Now it crashes any time I want to make any adjustments to anything! Or it becomes completely unresponsive. It is now worthless and I can’t do a single thing without the app freezing up. There’s also this weird bug where the amp appears to move/“wobble”, for lack of a better term. Oh, and if you do get lucky enough to make any adjustment whatsoever, it won’t register for at least 5-6 seconds.
Seriously, Agile Partners? Think I’ll finally bite the bullet and get Positive Grid. Don’t bother until they fix these bugs.
Unusable - Sampling errors, noise, distortion
Environment: Mac studio ultra, 64 gb, MacOS Ventura 13.3.1, Ampkit 2.10, Scarlett Solo guitar interface.
After running for running for a few minutes, Ampkit starts generating SEVERE noise and sampling errors. If you turn off the setup (lower right) and then turn it on again, it works for a little while longer, then repeats the buggy behavior. You can't use this for anything serious. Which is a real shame -- the amps and pedals are fantastic. WAY better than Logic Pro's in fact.
Changing sample ratee on the Scarlett Solo does not help.
Scarlett Solo works perfectly with Logic.
Developer support page fails to create support ticket; there is no support email anywhere on the website. They do not answer their press email. App was last updated four years ago.
What a terrrible shame.
The developer, Agile Partners, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Agile Partners Technologies, LLC
- 132.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Agile Partners Technologies, LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.