Want the ultimate mobile guitar and bass tone studio?
AmpliTube gives you a massive collection of virtual gear that you can use to practice, play and record with world-class tone anytime and anywhere.
Build your own guitar or bass rig with up to 6 stompbox FX, an amplifier and cabinet with mics. Plug your instrument into your iPad with one of IK's interfaces like iRig 2 or iRig HD 2, and get ready to be blown away.
AmpliTube gives you 17 stompbox effects, 8 amplifiers, 10 speaker cabinets and 2 mics, a free Loop Drummer Rock groove pack and a 2-track recorder.
You can expand this via a massive library of nearly 150 amps and stompboxes from top brands like Fender™, Ampeg®, Orange®, Mesa/Boogie®, and many more, or unlock the rigs of your heroes with gear from Slash, Dimebag Darrell, Jimi Hendrix, and now Brian May.
Ready to hit the stage? AmpliTube’s Live Mode offers an optimized GUI for live use, with all the settings and controls you need in an easy-to-read format.
Control your virtual rig just like real gear: change presets, trigger FX, loops and more all right from your feet. AmpliTube pairs with iRig Stomp I/O for a powerful all-in-one stage rig, works wirelessly with iRig Blueboard, and supports other MIDI controllers as well.
AmpliTube also offers innovative ways to play, practice and record with an optional Looper, more drum track loops, a full 8-track recorder and DAW-style studio all available for in-app purchase.
Whether it’s at home, in the studio or on stage, AmpliTube is the dream rig you’ve always wanted, in a device that’s always with you!
• Create guitar & bass rigs with up to 6 stomps, 1 amp and 1 cab with 2 mics
• Includes 17 stomps, 8 amps, 10 cabinets and 2 mics
• Expandable with nearly 150 gear models available from Fender™, Ampeg®, Orange®, Mesa/Boogie®, Slash, Dimebag Darrell, Jimi Hendrix and now Brian May
• Live Mode shows your entire rig at a glance, with all the parameters you need on stage easily accessible
• Included 2-track recorder (in-app purchase unlocks up to 8-tracks)
• Studio mode for intuitive DAW-style editing (unlocked via in-app purchase)
• Loop drummer module that plays in sync with the recorder
• Includes speed trainer, metronome and tuner
• Inter-App Audio and AudioBus support
• Project sharing between versions and devices
• Import and play songs as backing tracks from your Music Library or computer
• Export audio via E-mail, SoundCloud or File Sharing
• MIDI controllable and with built-in integration for iRig Stomp I/O, iRig Blueboard and other controllers
• Low-latency for real-time playing
Changes from version 4.9.0
- Fixed potential crash with loops in multi-track recorder
- Fixed potential issue with All-FXs Bundle content for AmpliTube CS users
- Fixed issue with Brian May Stomp 30 GUI in LIVE mode
- Fixed potential issue with open-in import via email
- Song Page: Fixed a potential playback issue when a single song is loaded
- Song Page: All tracks now display properly when exporting to recorder
- General reliability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Cool but not what's promised
This app works great but just about every feature marketed as included has to be bought separately. It cost me $50 just to get started with this app. Misleading advertising ruined this for me but it is a cool app.
Great but pricey in the app realm! I personally love it.
Would have given 5 stars but can't get it to import iTunes music library songs for practicing along with. However iTunes and Amplitude work together so you can set up your amp and then switch to iTunes to play songs. Hopefully app update will someday sort out this one glitch. However this should be a 5 Star app and I don't get some of the reviews. This app is one of the best simulators I have heard. If it was the amps and pedals alone it would be great but you get many other features. Yes you have to pay to activate but since when do you get hardware for free? You don't. Any experienced gear head or musician understands that you have to pay to get quality gear. 28 years playing and to have only paid a little over $200 for this rig is amazing. 10 years ago this much versatility would have cost $1000-$1500. Keep the updates coming. Love them. Hopefully you can add some Boss pedals soon.
Frustrating as hell
I am using this product on an iPad 3. My main complaint is with the loop drummer, which hasn't functioned since iOS 8 was installed. I have communicated with the manufacturer and they acknowledge the issues. They have released updates that do not rectify the problems. I have spent a great deal of money on their hardware and software. This product is virtually useless in its present state. I do not recommend purchasing this product until the bugs are fixed. It's taking way too long.
IRig, iLoud, BlueBoard, Slash, Hendrix, Fender, Drum tracks, looper, 8 track daw....what else? Can't even calculate the investment. It does not function. Complete joke. Do not recommend. Spend your money elsewhere. Poor to nonexistent customer service. That being said, when it functioned, it was a useful tool. F to the U.
Developer Response ,
Hello, sorry to hear of these ongoing troubles. We located your ticket with us and reached out, please check at your convenience and let us know as best as possible. We are here to help and will get this sorted!
- IK Multimedia US, LLC
- 818.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2002-2019 IK Multimedia Production Srl
- In-App Purchases
- Reverb $3.99
- Compressor $3.99
- Limiter $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.