Want the ultimate mobile guitar and bass tone studio?
AmpliTube gives you a massive collection of virtual gear that you can use to practice, play and record with world-class tone anytime and anywhere.
Build your own guitar or bass rig with up to 6 stompbox FX, an amplifier and cabinet with mics. Plug your instrument into your iPhone with one of IK's interfaces like iRig 2 or iRig HD 2, and get ready to be blown away.
AmpliTube for iPhone gives you 17 stompbox effects, 8 amplifiers, 10 speaker cabinets and 2 mics, a free Loop Drummer Rock groove pack and a 2-track recorder.
You can expand this via a massive library of over 150 amps and stompboxes from top brands like Fender™, Ampeg®, Orange®, Mesa/Boogie®, and many more, or unlock the rigs of your heroes with gear from Slash, Dimebag Darrell, Jimi Hendrix, and Brian May.
Ready to hit the stage? AmpliTube’s Live Mode offers an optimized GUI for live use, with all the settings and controls you need in an easy-to-read format.
Control your virtual rig just like real gear: change presets, trigger FX, loops and more all right from your feet. AmpliTube pairs with iRig Stomp I/O for a powerful all-in-one stage rig, works wirelessly with iRig Blueboard, and supports other MIDI controllers as well.
AmpliTube also offers innovative ways to play, practice and record with an optional Looper, more drum track loops, a full 8-track recorder and DAW-style studio all available for in-app purchase.
Whether it’s at home, in the studio or on stage, AmpliTube is the dream rig you’ve always wanted, in a device that’s always with you!
• Create guitar & bass rigs with up to 6 stomps, 1 amp and 1 cab with 2 mics
• Includes 17 stomps, 8 amps, 10 cabinets and 2 mics
• Expandable with over 150 gear models available from Fender™, Ampeg®, Orange®, Mesa/Boogie®, Slash, Dimebag Darrell, Jimi Hendrix and Brian May
• Live Mode shows your entire rig at a glance, with all the parameters you need on stage easily accessible
• Included 2-track recorder (in-app purchase unlocks up to 8-tracks)
• Studio mode for intuitive DAW-style editing (unlocked via in-app purchase)
• Loop drummer module that plays in sync with the recorder
• Includes speed trainer, metronome and tuner
• Inter-App Audio and AudioBus support
• Project sharing between versions and devices
• Import and play songs as backing tracks from your Music Library or computer
• Export audio via E-mail, SoundCloud or File Sharing
• MIDI controllable and with built-in integration for iRig Stomp I/O, iRig Blueboard and other controllers
• Low-latency for real-time playing
What’s New in v4.14
- Added Early Metal Collection available for purchase. This adds 3 new Amps & Cabs and 3 pedals.
- Updated All-In 2022 Bundles to include gear from Early Metal Collection
- Improved sharing experience with more project export options
Ratings and Reviews
Okay, but disappointed w/ ecosystem
Another person switching to jamup pro here. It was nice to get started with iRig—the interface was ~$30-$40, & there’s a free version of the app. I had my gripes with in app purchases constantly (& even after getting paid version) but ok. I got an iPad and found that it’s a separate thing entirely and no in-app purchases carry over... okay, annoying, but okay—I guess (there are technical explanations/reasons for this). I look into getting some manner of controller to actually be able to use the effects while playing with others (without stopping to tap on my device with the hands I’m using to play guitar)... and it’s another $100+ ... when there are cheap controllers that work for jamup for ~$20... and jamup pro is only $12 and is the same on iPad and iPhone. Unless jamup is a total disaster later on for some reason I haven’t found yet (seems to work about the same as amplitube if not a little more intuitive) I don’t think I’ll be back to the iRig ecosystem. Why not just make the interface a little more expensive and sell a version of the app that is actually all inclusive and doesn’t pester users with in-app purchases IK?? That’s what I wanted in the first place. I guess they’re making money and maybe their gear is really good, I’m not sure—I’m just not ready throw in with a company that seems to be out to nickel and dime us...
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review and feedback. The in-app purchases do carry over via iCloud. If you have a very old purchase you may need some help from our Support team! Please contact us and mention your review here, we will help get that sorted. Thanks! Link: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
Good features but...
I have literally stopped using AmpliTube and now exclusively use JamUp Pro. The main reason is due to a hissing in the background that I can't get rid of. The problem is I have contacted customer support about it multiple times, because the hiss is not in any other amp simulator app that I use...only in AmpliTube. I have explained this to them, but the conclusion IK Multimedia keeps arriving at is it is my equipment's fault...even though I don't get hiss in any other app that I use. The noise gate works for the most part, but you can still hear it when you play. I don't have any effect or amp gain cranked...there is no physical reason I can figure why this app makes my guitars hiss. I refuse to make recordings with dirt in the background, so the only reasonable solution for me was to stop using AmpliTube and go to another amp simulator like JamUp Pro that does just about everything AmpliTube does, but without the hiss. I'm hoping some day this gets resolved, because I spent some hard earned money on this not so cheap app. I have talked to other guitarists who have used AmpliTube and they know about the hiss also.
This app drains iPhone battery
Title says it all. I love this app but even when not using it, just having it installed drains my battery pretty quickly. So I uninstalled it and all went back to normal. I have an iPhone 10s running latest OS. Same thing used to happen when I had an iPhone 6s. Not sure why this is happening. Something is definitely running in the background at all times.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IK Multimedia US, LLC
- 869.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- ©2002-2022 IK Multimedia Production Srl
- In-App Purchases
- Recorder + Master FX $19.99
- Complete Fender Bundle $24.99
- Compressor $3.99
- Reverb $3.99
- Graphic Equalizer $3.99
- Limiter $3.99
- Parametric Equalizer $3.99
- Metal Distortion $3.99
- Recorder + Studio $24.99
- Slash Complete Bundle $24.99