Amsel – Build up your Voice is sponsored by a Neustart Kultur grant to help restart the many choirs that have been mostly inactive during the pandemic. In addition, students of singing and professionals will find many good technique warm-ups designed for them as well. This first free version of Amsel – Build up your Voice is open to the public without paywall for the rest of 2021. We greatly appreciate any and all suggestions for improvement for the first upgrade coming Jan. 2022! Send us your comments at: email@example.com
Our favorite features include:
- a database of 140+ exercises, sorted into 3 difficulty levels and a smaller component for the speaking voice alone.
- the ease of use: choose your voice range (high/low/speaking), decide how long you want to train, hit play and just repeat what you hear. (Use the music notes if it helps; everything is shown in C-major, for simplicity‘s sake.)
- acoustic recordings; hear sung examples and sing with a real grand piano – no midi sounds within earshot!
- flexibility to set a focus and let the algorithms sort out the right exercises for you. Choose from Body work / Support, Resonance / Directionality, Vowel uniformity, Combining vocal registers, Agility / Coloratura, Economy of air flow / Legato, Articulation, or any of the vowels.
Amsel – Build up your Voice is not meant as a singing tutorial but rather as a „fitness app,“ a practical application of instant warm-ups to help you get and keep your voice and body in shape for speaking and singing well. Much like doing sit-ups provides many benefits without needing to understand what exactly they do for your body, doing a few simple voice exercises (such as fricative consonants or those pesky lip bubbles) can help to reinforce positive coordinations in your body that lead to optimal use of your vocal cords. For information regarding the science and pedagogy behind the seemingly random collection of syllables and notes, visit amselapp.com/tips – you‘ll find reading tips, video explanations, resources and other media we recommend for a more complete understanding of your voice and singing.
Sarah Fuhs (creator) has over ten years of experience teaching voice and working with choir singers. The trained singer and pianist began developing digital alternatives for teaching singing technique early in 2020, and the Amsel-App is the culmination of that work.
- Statistics are now available
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sarah Fuhs
- 5.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Sarah Fuhs
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Premium $3.99
- 3 Months Premium $9.99
- 12 Months Premium $30.99