Discover the convenience of traveling with Amtrak. With the Amtrak app you can get simple and intuitive access to all the travel information you need, whenever you need it.
• Show your eTicket while onboard, including multi-ride and monthly passes - no need to print
• Purchase one-way, roundtrip, multi-ride and monthly tickets with dollars or Amtrak Guest Rewards points
• Check train status
• Find station information
• Edit and manage your account profile
• Save credit cards for quick checkout
• Send your eTicket to Apple Wallet
• And so much more...
With the Amtrak app, you can do it all right from your smart device.
Thanks for choosing the Amtrak app. Here’s what’s new:
• Now, when booking a trip, the app will show how full the train will be.
We continue to fix bugs and improve the experience. Please check for updates frequently to take advantage of the improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Really strange bugs with this app
When I first downloaded the app it worked great and was much easier to book my weekly round trip tickets relative Amtrak's website. But then for a few months it would not process credit card payments. Then the points tracker stopped working. Then it would randomly log me out. And most recently, it will not allow me to log back in due to a system error. This is the buggiest app I’ve ever used and should not be so in 2019.
We travel on Amtrak twice a week and find the app to be inconsistent. It often freezes, errors out or you get an app update when you’re ready to check out. It doesn’t store payment information so it needs to be entered every time. Another feature is during the course of buying the ticket the price can change- requiring your to start the transaction all over and pay upward of $30-50 more for the train you were buying. You can’t use your rewards in the app or any discount coupons or credits. If you get an electronic ticket when they scan your ticket on the train they’re going to tell you to change your brightness settings on your phone which automatically adapt to the ambient light in the room. All in all, easier to buy a ticket at the station and print it out.
Amtrack and track allocation
I board train from San Jose to Hayward. San Jose station has so many tracks I think 10. I have two issues
1. information about track allocation is done last minute causing panic for part minutes travelers. For example for 4:17 train track allocation happens at 4pm
2. There is one single 15 “ monitor in one place inside the station which says which track the train is allotted. Please learn from Caltrain so many boards, lcd screens per track information is up to date.
I missed a train because the track was changed last minute.
Please forward to the right folks. I love this train cleanliness, train timings, locations but... but information desolation is poor.
- National Railroad Passenger Corporation
- 84.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 National Railroad Passenger Corporation
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.