Discover the convenience of traveling with Amtrak. With the Amtrak app you can get simple and intuitive access to all the travel information you need, whenever you need it.
• Show your eTicket while onboard, including multi-ride and monthly passes - no need to print
• Purchase one-way, roundtrip, multi-ride and monthly tickets
• Check train status
• Search for station information
• Send your eTicket to Apple Wallet
• And so much more...
With the Amtrak app, you can do it all right from your smart device.
Thanks for choosing the Amtrak app. This update fixes screen scrolling and navigation issues, and several other bugs. We continue to fix bugs and improve the experience, so please check for updates frequently.
Ratings and Reviews
Will NOT allow: Auto-Fill / CC Scan feature/ Remembering Info
App will not allow scanning of payment methods such as credit card/Debit Card.
App will not allow auto fill to quickly enter your personal details
App will not allow remembering of your personal/payment so you must manually enter all of your information each time you purchase tickets (plus any passengers) which is time consuming if in a hurry.
Will not allow multi-day/location pass purchases
Free WiFi on board (all coach/business/travel class passengers)
Can purchase any Keystone tickets and good for use on any other Keystone train.
You can purchase tickets on board of train ( using Amtrak mobile App) or in train station
Clean cars /efficient transportation/smooth ride beats dealing with city traffic in DC/Philadelphia/New York etc
Nice clean stations with good snack/food options
Quite car options for those who need to be on a car with no distractions/loud noises.
Overall if they would make the few adjustments to the mobile app too allow convenience features it would make this app 5 stars.
Solid app with an annoying bug
Overall I like the Amtrak app. I find it convenient to book travel, access and store my digital pass, and check trip status updates for the sadly inevitable delay alerts and information.
One bug that I find super annoying:
View a current/future trip where the origin and destination are in different time zones (e.g., Wolverine 355 Ann Arbor -Chicago). Tap ‘trip tools’. Choose ‘add to calendar’. The event added to your calendar puts ALL of the times in the time zone of your arrival (destination) station. This means that the calendar event’s departure time is always incorrect. For my trip from Arb -> Chi the trip is scheduled to depart Arb at 7:06 Eastern and arrive in Chi at 10:50 Central but the event in my calendar lists 7:06 Central to 10:40 Central. So the event start time is an hour off.
New update: the app has stopped providing train status most of the time, at least for Capitol Corridor in California. It always says “no status” and won’t scroll. Sometimes after 5 minutes or so, scrolling starts to work.
Last update greatly improved the app. Still some things missing:
1. I can’t fill in credit card info using Apple Wallet.
2. It is still unable to locate passes purchased at the counter. Is the counter person not entering the necessary info into the system??
Also, I have some additional suggestions:
1. I’m supposed to be able to check train status for my PASS, but I can’t find that feature.
2. I want to be able to search for the next trains going from where I am to the place on my pass (assuming I am at one end and want to go to the other). I shouldn’t have to go to Book and reenter stations and search. There should be a page on the pass page that shows the next trains and their status.
3. Places that ask for from/to station should keep your last entry instead of starting out blank each time.
4. I notice there are two different ways of switching pages: swiping, or in other cases, buttons including a ... button. Seems like consistency suggests use one method for all.
- National Railroad Passenger Corporation
- 100.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 National Railroad Passenger Corporation
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.