Amyloidosis Diagnosis and Treatment App for healthcare professionals
A rare and challenging set of diseases including light chain (AL – kappa / lambda), transthyretin (hereditary, ATTR), secondary (AA) and wild-type (formerly called senile systemic), this app provides clinically relevant information that offers healthcare professionals a brief yet practical disease overview and interactive tools which can lead to earlier diagnosis and therapeutic intervention.
The content has been developed by Borm Bruckmeier Publishing in collaboration with the Amyloidosis Research Consortium and is intended for practicing physicians, resident physicians and other healthcare professionals involved in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with amyloidosis.
• Descriptions of the most frequently seen types of amyloidosis
• Clinical presentations
• Signs and symptoms characteristic of amyloidosis
• Differential diagnoses
• Elements of the diagnostic workup including laboratory tests, biopsies, and genetic testing
• Treatment strategies including stem cell transplant, disease-modifying medications, clinical trials and novel agents
• Core treatment centres
• Clinical trials
• Comprehensive resources to share with patients including:
‣ Informative foundations and websites
‣ Support groups (USA and international)
‣ Treatment centers (USA and international)
‣ Educational webinars, disease pamphlets and guides
‣ Financial assistance for drugs and travel for treatment
‣ Caregiver resources
- Content update
- Design update
Ratings and Reviews
Good but difficult navigation
A great first effort at trying to explain the disease categories and treatment options. However the data layout is ponderous and confusing. There are better summaries of this info in articles on the web. App is not ready for prime time but hope developers will keep evolving it.
- Borm Bruckmeier Publishing LLC
- 45.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Börm Bruckmeier Publishing LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.