Download the FREE AncestryDNA® app today and access the #1 selling consumer DNA test (DNA Kit purchase required). Start the journey to learn about your family story using some of the most advanced DNA science available.
Discover the unique family story that only your DNA can tell with a genetic test from AncestryDNA® , the world’s largest consumer DNA database.
With a simple test, you’ll get meaningful insights into who you are and where you came from and find new relatives who share your DNA.
With the AncestryDNA® app you’ll get:
• Detailed Ethnic Origins - AncestryDNA® doesn't just tell you which countries you're from, but can also pinpoint the specific places within them, giving you insightful geographic detail about your history with over 500 unique reports.
• Communities - Go deeper into your story with more specific details that connect you to the people, places, and migration paths in your family history, all from your DNA.
• Family Connections - You could discover a 3rd cousin for the first time by finding living relatives who share parts of your DNA.
• AncestryDNA® Traits, now with nutrition traits – Discover 26 fascinating traits your DNA influences. Get the inside story on traits you can see, like freckles—and things you can’t, like how your diet, environment, and genes may influence vitamin levels. Purchase AncestryDNA Traits with a new DNA kit or as an add-on to an existing kit.
• Easy to get started - Simply take a photo of the barcode in your kit, follow a few quick instructions to activate and you’re done.
• Simple sharing - Show off your AncestryDNA® results anytime, anywhere, including on your social networks.
• Notifications - You’ll always know what’s happening during your DNA test with status updates.
• Purchases - Buy an AncestryDNA® test for yourself or gift a test to family or friends.
At AncestryDNA® we’re always working to make the experience better. With this release we've made improvements to the sharing experience.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
After 50 years I was united with my birth family
Thank you ancestry DNA I was given up for adoption by my birth mother who I met at age 21.I was given a name and a college that my said to be biological father attended and that was all the information that I had .I waited over 50 years to build The courage to find out about my biological father and his Family.. thanks to ancestry DNA I saw many matches of relatives including a first and second cousins we shared communications and confirmed that we were family and that was indeed my father. I was completely amazed and in tears to see so many family members over 500 or so for someone that never knew her biological father‘s family I am so thankful to God and ancestry DNA for making this miracle happen. I must say my father passed two years ago but I now share the love of all my aunts and uncles and so many cousins. I have beautiful pictures of the Reunion I would love to share with ancestry.
Thank you ancestry DNA for making this miracle possible Sandra Stanfield
I love it
I’ve always been interested in my family history and AncestryDNA is probably the most accurate app to use to find that out. My only concern is that me and my brother both got a kit, but for me it said I was 17% Scandinavia but my brother had none. It used to say I was European Jewish, then it was removed but my brother still had it. But it does say me and my brother are both Eastern European, me 8% and my brother 16%, so that’s pretty accurate. There was a few differences on the low confidence regions, but that’s ok cause after all, they are low confidence. I defiantly recommend to buy a kit though because they will continuously update it to make it accurate. Maybe it’s just that I am more Scandinavian than him and he has little Scandinavian in his blood because I seem to have more on our dads side and he seems to have more on our moms because he had a lot of Western European (on my moms side my grandmas from Germany) and I have more Italian than him (my dads mom is from Sicily). So yeah, all in all pretty accurate. Great app!
I am super happy with the wait time on this! I have not gotten my results yet, but only has taken about two weeks for the final product! It took four days to be shipped from my house to their lab. It went from their lab to sample being processed in two days. From the DNA being processed, it took to days to go to the next stage, DNA extracted. Four days later it went from the DNA extracted, to the DNA analyzed stage! It took I think five or six days to finish DNA analyzing stage. Now all I have to do is wait a couple of days and my results will be ready! Thanks Ancestry! (By the way, I bought this on the $60 sale, I expected the wait time to be WAY longer since it said the processing would take about 6-8 weeks, and since there was a sale going on, I thought it would take even longer, since there was a sale and the demand was probably high, it only took about two weeks! WAY LESS THAN WHAT THE WAIT WAS!!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!
- Ancestry.com Operations Inc.
- 390.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Ancestry
- In-App Purchases
- Traits Access $14.99
- Traits Access $19.99
- Traits Access $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.