Anckorage Spring is a physical modelling audio synthesiser based on the simulation of a set of connected mass- spring, integrating non-linearities, fluid and static friction, mechanical limits, gravity and bouncing.
It is designed to be controlled by a continuous controller (like the Haken Continuum www.hakenaudio.com) but can be used with a regular keyboard or directly from the device screen or from other core midi apps. Of course a continuous controller will provide a much more accurate control of the model.
The mains ideas behind Anckorage Spring are :
• Being able to tweak real world parameter like Mass, Force, Gravity, etc. instead of tweaking usual electronic parameters,
• Not only try to mimic real world, but also allow very "unusual" things like modulating a Mass and changing the Gravity,
• Emphasis control and expression using the physical parameters,
• Open a new world of sound to experiment with....
• Have fun and enjoy playing music !
• Real physical modelling sound engine
• Fully editable physical model
• 88 200 Hz internal sampling rate
• Special Haken Continuum compliance
• Playable by any midi device
• Core midi base (therefore including virtual midi and network midi compliance)
• On device touch control
• Rich preset management
• Preset exchange mechanism (through iTunes Share)
• All parameters controllable by MIDI CC
• Audiobus compliant
A demo is available at www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx41C8teUy8
Correction of a GUI issue on Preset selection on iPad
Available demo at www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx41C8teUy8 and soundcloud.com/christophe-duquesne/anckorage-spring-update-1-demo
Ratings and Reviews
It feels like this could be the beginning of something quite cool. I need to explore it more, but at first glance it seems a bit more like a tech demo. I think I need to figure out the best way to use it with a continuum like controller like Thumb Jam. I got it working via midi, but I suspect I am not getting the real sense of what can be done. Putting TJ in its continuum mode doesn't yet give me usable results... More exploration is needed.
I had 4 apps on my phone but 5 including this one and every time I clicked on the app it would kick me out of it automatically! So ya I'm not giving this the best review or rating but TBH this is the only app that has crashed on me like this! And I'm deleting this app but I would definitely not recommend downloading this app!!!🚫🚫🚫🚫
Needs iOS 9 update
Please fix this app! It's the wilder, noisier, and equally amazing elder brother of springsound. I need it to work again!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.