A leading chemistry journal is now available on your iPad and iPhone. Fresh from the newsstand, “Angewandte Chemie International Edition” brings you a stimulating, high-impact mixture of Review Articles, Highlights, Communications, and more. Enjoy an entirely new browsing and reading experience, and keep up to date with the most important developments in chemical research even faster:
• Stay current with the latest articles through Early View – updated almost daily.
• Be notified when a new weekly issue is available.
• Download articles and issues for offline perusal.
• Save your favorite articles for quick and easy access.
• Share articles with colleagues or students.
Angewandte Chemie covers all areas of chemistry:
- Organic and Medicinal Chemistry
- Inorganic and Organometallic Chemistry
- Sustainable Chemistry and Energy Research
- Supramolecular Chemistry and Nanoscience
- Physical and Computational Chemistry
- Materials Science and Polymer Chemistry
- Biochemistry and Chemical Biology
- Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry
Angewandte Chemie has article categories covering all aspects of the field. Reviews summarize the important results of recent research on topical subjects in all branches of chemistry, point to unresolved problems and discuss possible developments. The Essays freely address themes from every aspect of chemistry, including the philosophy or history of science. Concise evaluations of current trends in chemical research can be found in the Highlights. In the Editorials, eminent authors discuss topics such as research politics, the relationship of chemistry and society, and chemical education. The core of the journal, however, is the Communications. These are critically selected and report on the latest research results, making the journal indispensable to the chemist who wants to stay well informed. Angewandte Chemie also regularly publishes Nobel lectures in chemistry and related fields.
Angewandte Chemie is owned by the Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker (German Chemical Society, GDCh) and published by Wiley-VCH.
We are looking forward to your feedback.
CURRENT SUBSCRIBERS to Angewandte Chemie International Edition can “pair” their device with their personal or institutional subscription to enjoy full access in this iPad edition.
SUBSCRIBE IN THE APP: Annual Subscriptions (52 issues) for the iPad-only edition are available for $599.99 (US) per year. Payment is charged to your iTunes account after confirmation of purchase. Angewandte Chemie International Edition subscriptions automatically renew within 24 hours of the end of your subscription period for $599.99 (US) unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. To turn off auto-renew, go to your iTunes account settings after purchase. Note that subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the term of the subscription, but you can still turn off auto-renew to prevent automatic renewal of your subscription. Note that any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchases a subscription.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
We fixed the bug which caused the app to crash for some users who downloaded a large number of issues.
Previous new features include:
- Full support for the iPhone 6 and iOS 8.
- Sync your favourite articles, un/read articles and push notification preferences across all your iOS devices via your iCloud account.
- Subscribe to Future Article Alerts from the list of keywords in information tab in any article and get a push notification the next time an article is published with that same keyword. You can opt out any time from the new Message Centre on the settings tab.
- Support for external society website feeds and announcements.
- New Global Navigation button allows you to access any section of the app with a single tap.
- The Enhanced Search will now search all content downloaded and cached on your device.
- The new SSO login allows users who login to their society website to access journal content to login to the app using the same login and password that they use on their society’s website.
- Institutional and workplace network users can now register for access entirely within the app without the need complete the set up on their desktop.
- Support for Sponsored Subscriptions.
- Open Access Articles icon displayed for all OA content.
- We have developed a new Get Access feature for institutional users who login via their institution’s network. We have tested this but are aware that there may be issues—if you experience any problems please contact us on JASMobileAlerts@wiley.com
- Numerous bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
You can log in with your account associated with university. And get full access to papers outside university. Much much better than RSC, ACS, AAAS, NPG
Early view is not refreshing since March
Please fix it.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 31.1 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition (Mobile Only) $599.99