Animation Pro 4+
Produce professional frame-by-frame cut-out-style animations on your iPad. Animation Pro includes a long list of pro-level tools, such as automatic lip-synching, cloning (for automated shadows and reflections), motion-blur and camera depth-of-field to produce stunning studio quality animations.
WARNING: Animation Pro is an extremely large App that will require some effort to learn and master. All Animation Pro help files and video tutorials may be found at http://www.hotjamdonut.com.au. We encourage prospective buyers to review this material prior to purchase.
- Produce professional frame-by-frame cut-out-style, stick-figure or stop-motion animations
- Add background images from your photo library or shoot them from within Animation Pro
- Add videos as background images for rotoscoping with Animation Pro’s drawing tools
- Add figures, images, text, audio and clones to your animations
- Manage all of your assets using the integrated File Manager
- Use a Shadow Wizard to quickly add shadows to your figures
- See instant previews
- Use onion-skins to see the difference between the previous and/or next frames
- Copy and paste backgrounds, figures, frames and camera settings
- Key figure, item and camera properties across multiple frames
- Access web tutorials and nearly 500 pages of in-depth help (included)
Animation Pro provides all of the tools that you’ll need to create complex posable figures from one or more items.
- Select from a library of pre-installed sample figures
- Create your own figures using the integrated Figure Editor
- Move, scale, flip and rotate figures
- Colour, tint and set the opacity of figures
- Blur, distort, shear, accent and highlight figures
- Add glows, outlines and motion-blur
- Stylise your figures with one of nine special effects e.g. Pixellate, Comic Book, Sparkle
- Substitute figures as you animate
- Scale, flip and rotate the items within figures
- Colour, tint and set the opacity of items
- Bend items
- Substitute items
- Draw upon image items whilst you animate
In Animation Pro, figures can be cloned to produce shadows, reflections or even an entire army of figures that animate automatically as the parent figure is changed.
- Control which aspects of a parent figure are cloned
- Use a Shadow Wizard to create realistic looking shadows
- Select from a large library of included sound effects
- See audio as a wave-form on the film-strip
- Record your own audio
- Add audio to frames or figures
- Automatically pan audio as figures move
- Automatically animate/lip-synch the mouths on figures
- Create your own mouths using the integrated Mouth Creator
- Pan, zoom and rotate a virtual camera
- Simulate camera depth of field
Animation Pro can automatically generate intermediate frames (tweens), between those that you create, to produce super smooth animations.
- Take full control over which features are tweened from frame to frame
- Override tweens with user-tweens where necessary
- Export video (mov, m4v, mp4) with frame rates up to 60fps and resolutions up to 2538x1080 (Widescreen Cinema, 2.35:1)
- Export HEVC video (with or without an alpha channel) from supported devices
- Export image sequences (with or without transparency)
- Export 3D (anaglyph or side-by-side) video or images
Animation Pro allows the following items (that you create) to be exported or shared:
- images (and/or image projects)
- lip-synching mouths (and/or mouth projects)
For more information and tutorials, please visit http://www.hotjamdonut.com.au
A very big thank you to everyone who has supported Animation Pro over the last 4+ years! With Animation Pro version 2.3 you can now:
- Export videos in 'HEVC' and 'HEVC with alpha' formats on supported devices (please see https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT207022 for details)
- Quickly access all of the audio in a project via a new 'Audio List' button at the top-right of the 'Animation' screen
- Add one of nine new stylisations (e.g. pixellate, comic book, sparkle) to figures in the 'Figure Inspector'
- Control the order in which certain effects are applied in the 'Figure Inspector'
- Long-press a frame on the filmstrip/timeline to perform a quick copy or paste
- Long-press the 'Bookmark' button to see project details
- Tint figures using a new 'Fill' blend-mode (this will completely fill a figure with a given colour, including any anti-aliased pixels around body parts)
- Loop playback when viewing exported videos
- Scale figures more precisely (between 1 and 2x) in the 'Figure Inspector'
- Position figures more precisely (to 3 decimal places) in the 'Figure Inspector'
- Scale items more precisely using new X and Y scaling dials on the 'Item Adjustment' screens
- Choose to use higher resolution onion skins via 'Preferences' on the main 'Projects' screen
- Choose to retain the positions of the items within figures when performing figure substitutions
- Choose to retain deleted figures through tweens when exporting animations
Version 2.3 also includes a number of bug-fixes and specifically addresses an issue under iPadOS 15 whereby progress was not being displayed correctly for certain image exports.
Ratings and Reviews
Figuring out the ropes and a few suggestions
Hello! So Far, I've been really liking this app a lot! Especially with me being in school for mostly Animation!
The one thing is that, I wish we just had a regular brush tool when making the figures. I want to make certain figures but I want them to look smooth and not choppy and block like. It's limiting to me. 2nd, for the images, I can't work with just 5 layers, and you can't add anymore as far as I know. It would be amazing if we could have more layers, and if possible, be able to export those layers into the figure maker and add rigs to them so you could have an animation using the layers! I would honestly be using this app for every project if that happened! But for now, I'm trying to figure out how I can make one of my drawings look as good on paper as it does here XD
I'm sorry if I sounded negative, it really is a amazing app, but I honestly think it could be improved upon tremendously
This app blows every other iPad animation app,I’ve tried for iPad out of the water, easily. I was very surprised to see some other reviews where people said it was too complex and tutorials were inadequate. Despite having zero experience with animation software, I found it very easy to pick up and learn and found the tutorials extremely helpful. The features are rather simple, but with a little imagination, there’s all kinds of stuff you can do.
I use procreate to draw the various parts of character models as well as backgrounds, then import these images into Animation Pro. I then create character models using the images exported from procreate , and then can move them about on the backgrounds I created and it uses tweening to fill in all the intermediary frames which is a lifesaver. I export the various video clips created in Animation Pro to Luma Fusion where I mix them into a well polished finished episode. I am very pleased with this app and have been using it for an animated series I’ve slowly but surely been creating with some colleagues. I am not quite sure why I don’t see it mentioned more often in discussions about animation apps for iPad, because it is the best I’ve tried, and I’ve tried most all of ‘em.
I love this app. Just can’t say enough good things about it. Animation has always intrigued me. For nearly 3 decades I have been trying to get an animation program that I could learn quickly and express myself with. At first the computers were too weak, then things were too complicated, then everything was too expensive. Right NOW 8/18 with IOS 11 everything seems to have come together for me. The above issues are gone. Well you need to shell out for an iPad but that’s a no brainer since it gets used many many hours each day. Great fun actually being able to dream up an idea and then bring it to fruition. Animation still takes a lot of time but the results are beautiful, and there is a lot of feedback along the way. You can also combine AnimationPro with Pixomatic and for about 20 bucks you can have software that would cost 10 times that amount on a PC or Mac. Now is the time to start. The cost will go up as more people get hip to the deal. This is a Golden Age for IOS.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Stephen Keen
- 242 MB
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Stephen Keen, Hot Jam Donut Productions
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.