Animation Pro brings desktop-class frame-by-frame animation to iPad. Specifically designed for intermediate to expert level animators, Animation Pro includes a long list of professional tools, such as automatic lip-synching, cloning (for automated shadows and reflections), motion-blur and camera depth-of-field to produce stunning studio quality animations.
Animation Pro has been designed, from the ground up, for cut-out-style animation (i.e. creating posable figures and animating them from frame to frame). Version 2.0 of Animation Pro, however, introduced the ability to draw upon figure body parts whilst animating making it possible to use Animation Pro for more traditional (hand-drawn) animation. For more information regarding traditional animation in Animation Pro, please view the following video tutorial:
- Produce professional cut-out-style, stick-figure, traditional (hand-drawn) or stop-motion animations
- Add background images from your photo library or shoot them from within Animation Pro
- Add videos as background images and use the new drawing tools for rotoscoping
- Add figures, images, text, audio and clones to your animations
- Manage all of your assets using the integrated File Manager
- Use a Shadow Wizard to quickly add shadows to your figures
- See instant previews
- Use onion-skins to see the difference between the previous and/or next frames
- Copy and paste backgrounds, figures, frames and camera settings
- Key figure, item and camera properties across multiple frames
- Access web tutorials and nearly 500 pages of in-depth help (included)
Animation Pro provides all of the tools that you’ll need to create complex posable figures from one or more items.
- Select from a large library of pre-installed figures*
- Create your own figures using the integrated Figure Editor
- Move, scale, flip and rotate figures
- Colour, tint and set the opacity of figures
- Blur, distort, shear, accent and highlight figures
- Add glows, outlines and motion-blur
- Substitute figures as you animate
- Scale, flip and rotate the items within figures
- Colour, tint and set the opacity of items
- Bend items
- Substitute items as you animate
- Draw on image items whilst you animate
In Animation Pro, figures can be cloned to produce shadows, reflections or even an entire army of figures that animate automatically as the parent figure is changed.
- Control which aspects of a parent figure are cloned
- Use a Shadow Wizard to create realistic looking shadows
- Select from a large library of included sound effects
- See audio as a wave-form on the film-strip
- Record your own audio
- Add audio to frames or figures
- Automatically pan audio as figures move
- Automatically animate/lip-synch the mouths on figures
- Create your own mouths using the integrated Mouth Creator
- Pan, zoom and rotate a virtual camera
- Simulate camera depth of field
Animation Pro can automatically generate intermediate frames (tweens), between those that you create, to produce super smooth animations.
- Take full control over which features are tweened from frame to frame
- Override tweens with user-tweens where necessary
- Export video (mov, m4v, mp4) with frame rates up to 60fps and resolutions up to 1920x1080#
- Export image sequences (with or without transparency)
- Export 3D (anaglyph or side-by-side) video or images
Animation Pro allows the following items (that you create) to be exported or shared:
- images (and/or image projects)
- lip-synching mouths (and/or mouth projects)
* Animation Pro can also import StickMotion Animation figures.
# Animation Pro can produce videos and images in resolutions up to 1920x1080 from Retina devices.
For more information and tutorials, please visit http://www.hotjamdonut.com.au
Version 2.20 of Animation Pro includes the following changes:
- All screens have now been standardised across all devices (this will allow Animation Pro to better support new devices in the future)
- It is now possible to select alternate aspect ratios (other than 16:9) when creating new animation projects
- Bendable items - fixed the placement of the control handles
- Bendable lines - fixed a crash related to bendable lines with zero width
- Figure Editor - fixed an issue where the removal of the ‘bendable’ attribute could change the size of an item’s drawing
- Drawing (general) - fixed an issue where the reapplication of a distortion could incorrectly change the size of a drawing
- Figure Sequences - fixed a crash related to adding figure sequences, with tweens, with one or more groups enabled
- Figure Sequences - fixed an issue where the insertion of figure sequences could incorrectly add additional frames to the end of an animation
- Image Creator - fixed an issue where images were sometimes being saved with a thin black border
A big thank you to everyone who has supported Animation Pro!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Figuring out the ropes and a few suggestions
Hello! So Far, I've been really liking this app a lot! Especially with me being in school for mostly Animation!
The one thing is that, I wish we just had a regular brush tool when making the figures. I want to make certain figures but I want them to look smooth and not choppy and block like. It's limiting to me. 2nd, for the images, I can't work with just 5 layers, and you can't add anymore as far as I know. It would be amazing if we could have more layers, and if possible, be able to export those layers into the figure maker and add rigs to them so you could have an animation using the layers! I would honestly be using this app for every project if that happened! But for now, I'm trying to figure out how I can make one of my drawings look as good on paper as it does here XD
I'm sorry if I sounded negative, it really is a amazing app, but I honestly think it could be improved upon tremendously
Phenomenal iOS animation suite w/ similarities to flash
This app is fantastic aination app for iOS. It offers some similar features to Adobe Animate, formerly Flash. Be prepared to devote some time to learning to master this professional grade software as it will involve a fair amount of reading, watching videos, and practice, but is totally worth it. You can create character models, called figures, which you can then manipulate complete with “tweening” so that you are not required to fill in every frame. Rather the software fills them in for you. For example, you may tell the figure to move across the screen while moving it’s arms and legs from one position to another and so on, and you can change the figure’s size, and the software will fill in all the intermediate frames from point A to point B across X amount of time. This is a huge lifesaver/timesaver!!! With a little imagination and ingenuity, there is soooo much that can can be done with relative ease. With an iPad Pro and an Apple Pencil, jthis app is all one needs to create high quality animations and is exactly what I was looking for. I highly recommend this app to anyone looking to create 2D animations. I also would have paid 5 times the price for it! One of the best app purchases I have ever made, hands down.
I love this app. Just can’t say enough good things about it. Animation has always intrigued me. For nearly 3 decades I have been trying to get an animation program that I could learn quickly and express myself with. At first the computers were too weak, then things were too complicated, then everything was too expensive. Right NOW 8/18 with IOS 11 everything seems to have come together for me. The above issues are gone. Well you need to shell out for an iPad but that’s a no brainer since it gets used many many hours each day. Great fun actually being able to dream up an idea and then bring it to fruition. Animation still takes a lot of time but the results are beautiful, and there is a lot of feedback along the way. You can also combine AnimationPro with Pixomatic and for about 20 bucks you can have software that would cost 10 times that amount on a PC or Mac. Now is the time to start. The cost will go up as more people get hip to the deal. This is a Golden Age for IOS.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.