Are you struggling to identify, understand, and communicate your emotions? Do you find it difficult to connect with others? You're not alone. Every 1 in 10 people have alexithymia, difficulty, or inability to identify, understand, and express emotions.
Animi is a free app that helps you learn about your emotions, understand their causes, and manage them effectively. Based on the latest research on alexithymia and emotions, Animi is designed to improve alexithymia, emotional awareness, and emotional intelligence, and over time help you build emotional vocabulary and understand the nuances of hundreds of feelings and emotions. With Animi, the most precise and extensive mood meter, you'll be able to:
- Take an alexithymia test and learn your alexithymia score indicating how severely you are disconnected from your emotions
- Learn about your emotions and how to identify them
- Identify & log your emotions with the help of our tools (on more granular level than mood trackers)
- Understand the causes of your emotions
- Journal about your emotions with the help of introspective, reflective prompts
- Tag your emotion logs and journals and get insights over time
- Manage your emotions effectively
And over the longer period of using the app:
- Reduce your alexithymia score
- Improve your relationships
- Enhance your mental and physical health
Download Animi now and start improving your emotional awareness today!
Disclaimer: Our mission is to build a solution that improves alexithymia, and that's also the reason why we collect the anonymized alexithymia test data, so we know whether the current app succeeds at that. Your sensitive journal data stays on the device. In the future, if there is a good enough reason, like a feature that might be very helpful and would require storing user data in the cloud, we might do so, but we'll let you know in advance about the change. Right now, we are only collecting metadata necessary to evaluate the effectiveness and improve the app. We don't share the data with any third-parties nor sell it or use it for any kind of advertisement.
Ratings and Reviews
It feels like a generous gift
When I opened the app I was a little confused, but this team created a thorough video linked on the main view that takes the user through all the app’s features. Everything made sense after watching it. It’s still challenging for me to use, but only because I struggle with the very thing this app is meant to help users understand and improve. While logging my first unknown emotion, I found out three things:
1. The app flow has a wealth of information but helps narrow down emotions before asking the user to figure out how they feel so i felt much less overwhelmed than I would normally. The development team clearly put a lot of thought into how to make an app legitimately useful to people who struggle with understanding their emotions.
2. This app should compliment my therapy sessions really well because I am usually using generic and simple words to describe my emotions. With Animi, I’ll have specific emotions already identified and the journal prompts will make my notes much more useful. This should give my therapist something more specific to help me through.
3. Information is presented and organized in a much better fashion than an emotional color wheel and doesn’t require that the user know what the emotion words mean. I can take my time, tap on words I don’t recognize, and learn what different emotions are and their accompanying signs and symptoms.
This app should in no way be free, but I’m really grateful that it is. I highly recommend it for anyone who struggles with alexithymia or autism.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Animi PBC
- 23.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Animi PBC