Are you struggling to identify, understand, process, regulate, and communicate your emotions? Do you find it difficult to connect with others? You're not alone. Every 1 in 10 people have alexithymia, difficulty, or inability to identify, understand, and express emotions.
Animi is a free app that helps you learn about your emotions, understand their causes, and manage them effectively. Based on the latest research on alexithymia and emotions, Animi is designed to improve alexithymia, emotional awareness, and emotional intelligence, and over time help you build emotional vocabulary and understand the nuances of hundreds of feelings and emotions. With Animi, the most precise and extensive mood meter, you'll be able to:
- Take an alexithymia test and learn your alexithymia score indicating how severely you are disconnected from your emotions
- Learn about your emotions and how to identify them
- Identify & log your emotions with the help of our tools (on a much more detailed and granular level than mood trackers)
- Understand the causes of your emotions
- Learn quick breathing techniques to regulate emotions (like cyclic physiological sighing, bhastrika, or resonance breathing)
- Learn how to communicate emotions in a productive way
- Journal about your emotions with the help of introspective, reflective prompts
- Tag your emotion logs and journals and get insights over time
- Manage your emotions effectively
And over the longer period of using the app:
- Reduce your alexithymia score
- Improve your relationships
- Enhance your mental and physical health
Download Animi now and start improving your emotional awareness today!
Disclaimer: Our mission is to build a solution that improves alexithymia, and that's also the reason why we collect the anonymized alexithymia test data, so we know whether the current app succeeds at that. Your sensitive journal data stays on the device. In the future, if there is a good enough reason, like a feature that might be very helpful and would require storing user data in the cloud, we might do so, but we'll let you know in advance about the change. Right now, we are only collecting metadata necessary to evaluate the effectiveness and improve the app. We don't share the data with any third-parties nor sell it or use it for any kind of advertisement.
We have added new tools to work with emotions after logging them:
1) Regulation - breathing techniques that shift how you feel to a different place
- Upregulate - for a quick energy boost
- Regulate - for focus
- Downregulate - to calm down and relax
2) Processing - a combination of journaling prompts inspired by techniques like Gendlin’s Focusing, Buddhist Noting, and Core Transformation that help explore the meaning, purpose, and message behind identified emotions
3) Communication - a guiding template helping to express emotions in a clear and understandable way
We have also added a notification system that you can enable to receive notifications prompting you to check-in with your emotions on a regular basis. We do see in the anonymized data that the more people use the app the more their alexithymia score improves, so these check-in notifications should be helpful in remembering to check-in more often.
We are also enriching the emotional encyclopedia with more detailed content for each emotion!
Ratings and Reviews
The best app ive ever used in my life
I cannot recommend enough. As someone who struggles with emotional dysregulation this has been exponentially helpful for me, as well as my family. I think all people can benefit from using this app. And to the developers- thank you so much truly this app is life changing. I cant give enough stars
This app is very helpful
I know a lot of people with autism use this. But ever since my injury I had a hard time figuring out what I was feeling. This app has been helping me by identifying my physical reactions and helping me match them up with a word. I cannot wait for future features that they have planned.
Exactly what I need
Cannot recommend this enough. Just downloaded it. Do it!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Animi PBC
- 27.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Animi PBC
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.