Animoog, powered by the new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), is Moog Music's first professional polyphonic synthesizer designed exclusively for the iPad. ASE allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to quickly sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression!
Animoog’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutique’s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
Animoog is the newest innovation in creative tools from Moog Music, the legendary electronic musical instrument company founded by Bob Moog in Asheville, NC.
** NOTE: Animoog for iPad expansion packs can not be used with Animoog for iPhone. **
** If no sound from iPad speaker but headphone is working, this is an iPad settings issue. Go to the Settings app, General tab, set "Use Side Switch to: Mute" then turn switch on side of iPad on (Mute) and off again (Unmute). Then set "Use Side Switch to: Lock Rotation" to prevent problem in future. **
• Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
• Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals. Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
• Polyphonic Modulation - Simply slide your fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
• Polyphonic Pitch Shifting - Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
• Delay Module - A classic analog style ping pong delay.
• Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
• Moog Filter - The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
• Record Module - Record your performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support the general pasteboard.
• Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s X/Y space to create new expressive and shifting sounds that will blow your mind!
• Orbit Module - Control the rate of orbit in the X/Y space around the path you created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
• Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
• MIDI in - Use your Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
• Updated Audiobus SDK to v3.0.10
• Improvements to handling MIDI ports with non-ASCII characters
Ratings and Reviews
Just get Animoog and you won’t *need* any more synthesizers
Animoog is all you *need*. Your iPad or iPhone become a real full-featured musical instrument from a legendary synthesizer maker. It’s an axe you can swing for years and it won’t get dull. I bought Animoog the first day and it’s still in everyday use.
- a great, playable keyboard that utilizes the touchscreen well
- amazing sounds, just gorgeous, gorgeous musical sounds that bring out the musicality in your playing and inject musicality of their own with harmonics and texture
- it just works with MIDI in and out, Bluetooth, Audiobus, studiomux, midimitter, GarageBand — run GarageBand on iPhone and Animoog on iPad connected via Bluetooth and it is like they are one app and it adds so much to the already-amazing GarageBand for iOS
Animoog is fun, too. It’s playable musically, and it’s playable in terms of enjoyment. Don’t miss it, because with the amount of use you will get out of it, the quality you will get — it costs nothing.
Everyone at Moog should be really proud of Animoog and proud of themselves. Turning a book reader into a world class synthesizer instrument that stands on its own is such an achievement and such a gift to music.
Moog on your iPad! Moog on iPhone dropped?
thanks for the response about the presets issue, between iphone and ipad versions, however i already bought the presets on both platforms that is why i was upset.
you stated it was in your manual.
i didnt see that in the features listing which hiding it buried in a manual is a bit tricky
i support Moog and that is why i paid extra for the presets on both devices.
i want this to continue to grow.
please list the features on the app store so it will be noted, as many programmers like myself would like presets ease of use transferable but easily exportable.
also why is the app store now saying iPad only app?
my iphone app Animoog still works but why drop support for that app? please i like both versions and find uses for both
depending upon the situation, and composing plan.
thanks again the software sounds amazing and controlling it is also very easy to do via midi learn....that is such a great thing
Developer Response ,
DJCarpediem, Thank you for your feedback on Animoog. While it is true that you cannot exchange presets through the IAP App Store system (since Animoog for iPhone and Animoog for iPad are different apps), there is still a way. Via iTunes File Sharing, as documented at the end of the manual, timbres and presets can be copied to a computer and then onto another iOS device that runs Animoog or Animoog for iPhone. We hope this workflow helps to improve your experience using the Animoog app on multiple devices. Love, your friends at Moog
an inconvenient issue
i like this synth. one thing that REALLY bothers me tho is what i can only assume is a glitch that they haven’t fixed when it comes to its settings. when i connect my ipad to my MPC (for example) i don’t have the ability to configure the “midi out” option in the apps settings. when i try, a pop up appears that reads “MIDI OUT DISABLED, PURCHASE IN STORE” ...what? A) how do you purchase the ability to use a midi out? and B) even if i could, i wouldn’t be able to cause that’s not even an option for sale in the app’s internal store. if it is, someone advise me cause i don’t see it
i don’t have this issue whatsoever on the MODEL D or MODEL 15 or any other non-moog synth i own for that matter which makes it particularly annoying
Developer Response ,
Hi Guzzy, MIDI output is available for Animoog through the MIDI Expansion Pack in-app purchase. <3 your friends at Moog
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Moog Music Inc.
- 58.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011 Moog Music Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- BASE Pack $0.00
- Devine Expansion Pack $3.99
- Acoustic Expansion Pack $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.