Learning Chinese characters? Kanji? Medicine? Another subject with lots to memorize? With that much to learn, you need the right flashcard app, to get the most from your study time.
That's why AnkiApp uses an improved form of Spaced Repetition (SRS), built with Artificial Intelligence (AI), to maximize the amount of learning you get done in each study session. When you go to study, the AI chooses which flashcards you need to work on, based on a detailed analysis of your progress. It's like a coach, for your brain.
Make your own flashcards, styled how you like. AnkiApp lets you use colors, bulleted lists, and more. Or search through millions of flashcards that are ready for you to download. Your choice.
You get all this power, wrapped in a simple, polished app.
• Easy to add cards directly from the mobile app
• Format your cards using colored text, bulleted lists, underlines, and more, all without knowing CSS
• Flip your decks to study back-to-front, with a couple taps
• Syncs automatically with desktop, web app, and your other phones and tablets
• Create decks on the go
• Make cards using photos from your camera
• Share any deck with a friend by putting in their email
• Fully-featured—-NOT a "companion" app that requires a computer
• Detailed stats on each of your decks, and individual cards too
• For advanced formatting, supports HTML and CSS
• Text-to-speech (TTS) that reads parts of your cards in English or other languages
• Automatic translation
• Automatic furigana generation annotation for Japanese kanji
• Study offline, and your new cards and progress sync when you're back online
• Dashboard that shows your overall progress
• Study at any time; doesn't force you to study cards on a rigid schedule
• Study your recent decks from the Dashboard in just 2 taps
• "Night Mode" that's easy on your eyeballs when studying in the dark
• Settings sync across all your devices
Ranked #1 Education app in multiple countries world-wide. Featured in the New York Times.
Learn more at https://www.ankiapp.com or email us at email@example.com.
AnkiApp Unlimited fine print:
• If you want to upgrade to AnkiApp Unlimited, you can either purchase "AnkiApp Unlimited: 1-Year" which is a 1-year auto-renewing subscription, or "AnkiApp Unlimited: Lifetime" which is a one-time purchase.
• AnkiApp Unlimited grants you access to additional study analytics, unlimited cross-platform multi-device sync, and more.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at the time of confirmation of purchase.
• If you choose "AnkiApp Unlimited: 1-Year", the subscription will automatically renew, unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same price paid at the time of initial purchase.
• You can manage your subscription and disable auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- Fix folders not appearing after login
Ratings and Reviews
Powerful yet simple
I’ve been using this app for over two years. Have used other, more famous apps, but THIS one allows me to quickly and easily create decks. I can easily add pictures, sound, and change text. When I’ve had issues or suggestions, I email them and lo and behold some of my suggestions resulted in updates. (They were probably working on those enhancements already but I like to think my suggestion helped). I can easily import decks from other apps as they bring them up and you just select them. (The other app requires a third party add on and some programming knowledge on your part to get it to work). I keep trying the other app as it’s so popular, but I always go back to this one. It’s fast, easy, simple and yet powerful. NOTE. If you start having issues with app, just delete it and reinstall. Works like a charm. (Had to do it once in 2 years).
Great app, except…
I love the concept of the app. It’s works great by letting me add pictures to associate with the words I’m learning which is great because this is how my language teacher is teaching me and also because the language I’m learning (Khmer) doesn’t share an alphabet with my native English. Most of the time I’m completely happy with it! And it even is available on Mac as well.
My two hangups are this: the app advertises as being available offline which is a big deal as I live in a third world country and this feature is great for the limited data network in the area of the city I live. This rarely works as I would imagine it’s intended. While off of WiFi and even in airplane mode, the app cannot pull up pictures that I have uploaded into the app. It will do words, but not pictures. This makes studying away from a stable internet connection impossible (which is what an ‘offline’ mode should take care of).
I also have this issue only on the mobile app where when I flip a card or come to the end of a review session where it will just continue on to the next screen without letting me click the difficulty of the card or see my review progress. This is minor, but I did pay for the full features of the app and it’s disappointing to see these bugs in a nearly $50 purchase. Love the app as a means for study and learning especially for hard to learn languages, but would love these issues to be fixed.
Great, but would like a couple changes
This app is really great! I’m currently using it to get my insurance license. However, I would like there to be an option in the settings that allows you to choose to review in the same order you added the cards, or to shuffle the cards. For me personally, a lot of the terms and information in the insurance study material builds off off each other. So I can’t really move on to another term without first knowing the initial terms. The majority of the terms are all co-dependant, so to say. So having the option to first review in the sequence I entered the cards would really be a great help to start.
I would also like the option to choose which cards to review. I love the feature that allows you to focus more on the cards you know the least. However, with so much material to learn, I break up the amount of information I enter into Anki on different days. So i’ll enter the first half of one chapter one day, and then the next the second day. So if I’ve already reviewed the first half of the chapter that i entered on the first day, i want to have the option to solely review the new cards i entered the next day. This would be a great help, as opposed to me making a new deck for each section of each chapter. This would help me to use my time more efficiently instead of wasting it on reviewing cards that i already know.
Thank you so much!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AnkiApp Inc
- 206.5 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 AnkiApp Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- AnkiApp Unlimited: 1-Year $24.99
- AnkiApp Unlimited: Lifetime $48.99
- AnkiApp Unlimited $24.99