Learning Chinese characters? Kanji? Medicine? Another subject with lots to memorize? With that much to learn, you need the right flashcard app, to get the most from your study time.
That's why AnkiApp uses an improved form of Spaced Repetition (SRS), built with Artificial Intelligence (AI), to maximize the amount of learning you get done in each study session. When you go to study, the AI chooses which flashcards you need to work on, based on a detailed analysis of your progress. It's like a coach, for your brain.
Make your own flashcards, styled how you like. AnkiApp lets you use colors, bulleted lists, and more. Or search through millions of flashcards that are ready for you to download. Your choice.
You get all this power, wrapped in a simple, polished app.
• Easy to add cards directly from the mobile app
• Format your cards using colored text, bulleted lists, underlines, and more, all without knowing CSS
• Flip your decks to study back-to-front, with a couple taps
• Syncs automatically with desktop, web app, and your other phones and tablets
• Create decks on the go
• Make cards using photos from your camera
• Share any deck with a friend by putting in their email
• Fully-featured—-NOT a "companion" app that requires a computer
• Detailed stats on each of your decks, and individual cards too
• For advanced formatting, supports HTML and CSS
• Text-to-speech (TTS) that reads parts of your cards in English or other languages
• Study offline, and your new cards and progress sync when you're back online
• Dashboard that shows your overall progress
• Study at any time; doesn't force you to study cards on a rigid schedule
• Study your recent decks from the Dashboard in just 2 taps
• "Night Mode" that's easy on your eyeballs when studying in the dark
• Settings sync across all your devices
• 3D Touch menu to quickly review decks and make new cards.
Ranked #1 Education app in multiple countries world-wide. Featured as one of the "Best Apps To Learn Foreign Language" by TechTimes.
Learn more at https://www.ankiapp.com or email us at email@example.com.
AnkiApp Unlimited fine print:
• If you want to upgrade to AnkiApp Unlimited, you can either purchase "AnkiApp Unlimited: 1-Year" which is a 1-year auto-renewing subscription, or "AnkiApp Unlimited: Lifetime" which is a one-time purchase.
• AnkiApp Unlimited grants you access to additional study analytics, unlimited cross-platform multi-device sync, and more.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at the time of confirmation of purchase.
• If you choose "AnkiApp Unlimited: 1-Year", the subscription will automatically renew, unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same price paid at the time of initial purchase.
• You can manage your subscription and disable auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- Our biggest UI update ever
- Record sounds for your cards
- "Remove formatting" button in card editor
- Watch app and Study Goal complication
- Mac app
- Prevent accidental data loss when making or editing cards
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Very solid app!
Using this app to learn Japanese. I use it every day. 6 months and over 50k reviews later (1 card = 1 review) I can say with certainty if you are serious about whatever it is you want to learn and are willing to put in the time then you HAVE TO GET THIS APP! I only really started using it 6 months into learning Japanese (it's going to be a year in a couple of days since I started learning Japanese) and I really wish I would have started using this app sooner. You will not be be disappointed.... Best 25 bucks I've ever spent!!!
like any other app out there there are bugs....the only one that was annoying to me was not in the ios version, but the windows version so it's irrelevant for this review but tags were not bring downloaded for decks created elsewhere....there have been a few updates since I last downloaded a deck (since I usually create them from windows anyways so maybe that issue was already fixed)
it would be great if there was an option to change language to Japanese...as an intermediate student of the language I basically have every piece of software I use and video games I play set to Japanese if available so since I use this app about 8 hours a day (no exaggeration) it would be great if it was in Japanese.
Great, but would like a couple changes
This app is really great! I’m currently using it to get my insurance license. However, I would like there to be an option in the settings that allows you to choose to review in the same order you added the cards, or to shuffle the cards. For me personally, a lot of the terms and information in the insurance study material builds off off each other. So I can’t really move on to another term without first knowing the initial terms. The majority of the terms are all co-dependant, so to say. So having the option to first review in the sequence I entered the cards would really be a great help to start.
I would also like the option to choose which cards to review. I love the feature that allows you to focus more on the cards you know the least. However, with so much material to learn, I break up the amount of information I enter into Anki on different days. So i’ll enter the first half of one chapter one day, and then the next the second day. So if I’ve already reviewed the first half of the chapter that i entered on the first day, i want to have the option to solely review the new cards i entered the next day. This would be a great help, as opposed to me making a new deck for each section of each chapter. This would help me to use my time more efficiently instead of wasting it on reviewing cards that i already know.
Thank you so much!
Honest quick review
This app essentially takes care of what I was personally looking for.
I like color coding my flashcards based on difficulty and noticed the big names like Quizlet and even the other Anki app and desktop version didn’t offer this type of organization. All the big apps offer things like statistics (with paid versions) and quizzes and tests, but I don’t really need that.
My style is to make a deck of say 100 things. The ones I 100% know, I mark green, or perfect. The ones I’m okay at and normally get right, blue. The ones I’m starting to forget or struggling to remember, yellow. And the ones that are brand new or I totally forgot, red. This seems like a pretty simple strategy. I spend less time studying the green and blue, and more time studying yellow and red.
This app isn’t exactly like that - but it’s close. I can just mark a flashcard “failed” and it will put it in (basically) a “red” category, and then I can go back and study those flagged ones specifically. Once I know them, I can upgrade the colors until they hit perfect, or “green.”
This app accommodates me just enough to get 4 stars. But StickyStudy (only Japanese and Chinese) does it better, but unfortunately doesn’t work for other languages or other study topics. Thankfully this AnkiApp allows creation of basically whatever material you want. And I don’t even need to pay for it because I don’t need audio or pictures.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AnkiApp Inc
- 7.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 AnkiApp Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- AnkiApp Unlimited: 1-Year $24.99
- AnkiApp Unlimited: Lifetime $48.99
- AnkiApp Unlimited $24.99