AnkiMobile is a mobile companion to Anki, a powerful, intelligent flashcard program that is free, multi-platform, and open-source. Sales of this app support the development of both the computer and mobile version, which is why the app is priced as a computer application.
AnkiMobile offers some features not found in other flashcard apps:
- A free cloud synchronization service that lets you keep your card content synchronized across multiple mobile and computer devices. This makes it easy to add content on a computer and then study it on your mobile, easily keep your study progress current between an iPhone and iPad, and so on.
- The same proven scheduling algorithm that the computer version of Anki uses, which reminds you of material as you're about to forget it.
- A flexible interface designed for smooth and efficient study. You can set up AnkiMobile to perform different actions when you tap or swipe on various parts of the screen, and control which actions appear on the tool buttons.
- Comprehensive graphs and statistics about your studies.
- Support for large card decks - even 100,000+ cards.
- If your cards use images or audio clips, the media is stored on your device, so you can study without an internet connection.
- A powerful search facility that allows you to find cards that match criteria such as 'tagged high priority, answered in the last ten days and not containing the following words', and automatically place them into a deck to study.
- Support for displaying mathematical equations with MathJax, and rendering LaTeX created with the computer version.
Please note that AnkiMobile is currently intended as a companion to the computer version of Anki, rather than a complete replacement for it. While AnkiMobile is able to display your cards in the same way the computer version does, certain changes like modifying note types need to be done with the computer software. For this reason, please familiarize yourself with the computer version of Anki before you think about buying this app.
Aside from the cloud synchronization service, AnkiMobile also supports copying decks to and from your device via the USB cable and iTunes.
Like all apps, AnkiMobile can be purchased once and then used on multiple devices in a household using the same Apple ID. Family sharing is also supported. For information on bulk discounts for educational institutions, please see Apple's Volume Purchase Program.
For more information on AnkiMobile, including a link to the online manual, please have a look at the support page: http://ankisrs.net/docs/AnkiMobile.html
If you have any questions or want to report an issue, please let us know on our support site and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Added a French translation, thanks to the hard work of Jules and Pierre.
- Fixed the card preview screen not updating properly.
- Fixed toolbar spacing when using split screen.
- Fixed cloze button not appearing when switching note types.
- Improved performance when editing large templates.
- Fixed cursor in editor jumping when using floating keyboard.
- Fixed options screen not supporting 0 relearning steps.
- Added option to ignore fingers in the drawing screen.
- Added some more keyboard shortcuts to the review screen.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best flash card app
I use Anki on my tablet, computer, and IPhone. At first I thought that the interface looked outdated, to my surprise this is the best flash card maker out there. I like the fact that you can flip the flash card and still have the ability to type in the answer (in my case I use text to speech) while the words are on the screen and mark it so it goes back in the deck. I wish that it was easier to flip the definition to the front of the card. I also wish that adding audio to the back of the card would play once the card was flipped and the answer was revealed. I enjoy using this app on my PC and being able to add pictures by copying from the search engine images and pasting directly to the card, no longer do I have to save the images to a folder and then upload them to the card. This saves me a ton of time, especially with the sync option on the separate devices. I’ve used study blue and quizlet for years. This app pretty much blows them out of the water. No more ads! Thanks Anki.
Great App, Looks outdated...
This app is invaluable to any self-learner, particularly for language learning. Have been able to master over 1000 Kanji, something I would have thought impossible just 6 months ago.
My one gripe with the app is the outdated UI and App Icon. The Icon sticks out like a sore thumb among the rest of my apps (simple star on white background would look much better) and the UI is stuck in 2009. If a sleeker more modern update was released I would gladly, even eagerly, give 5 stars.
Regardless, these aesthetic complaints are by no means a dealbreaker. Still the best $25 I’ve spent in a long long time. If you are on the fence about dropping so much on an app, I highly encourage you to take the plunge. Anki is the best way to learn via flash cards and SRS (spaced repitition system) around. There is a reason that everyone speaks so highly of Anki around the internet, and $25 isn’t much in the grand scheme of things. Support an app that has helped many people learn many things!
This app has helped me master over a 1,000 words in Ancient Greek and over 1,500 of German and counting. It’s not flashy and has a learning curve up front, but incredibly powerful. The problem with physical flashcards is they’re time consuming to make, complicated to keep track of, and cumbersome to carry. This solves all of of those. Every word I look up while reading I screenshot. Later I put all the screenshots into a specific album where a Siri Shortcut converts them to JPEG, crops them, and reduces their size. I then enter each photo into Anki, reviewing them as I go. With this process, I can make 50 flashcards in 10 minutes. Then each one is shown to you exactly when you need it, and is always in my pocket to review anywhere. There is not a word I look up that is not memorized now. In a year, I have made 3,500 flashcards in 5 different languages. I review 200 a day. If you invest some time to figure out how to use this app, it will change your intellectual life.
- Ankitects Pty Ltd
- 19.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Ankitects Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.