Also known as Out Of This World™ and released across more than a dozen platforms since its 1991 debut, Another World™ has attained cult status among critics and sophisticated gamers alike for its cinematic effects in the graphics, sound and cut scenes.
★ AN IMMERSIVE ADVENTURE WITH UNIQUE STORYTELLING
Another World™ bridges the gap between Cinema and Action Adventure games with a completely new style of fluid, cinematic, storytelling.
Hurtled through space and time by a nuclear experiment gone wrong, you'll need to dodge, outwit, and overcome the host of alien monsters and deadly earthquakes that plague the alien landscape you now call home. Only a perfect blend of logic and skill will get you past the deadly obstacles that lie in wait.
★ 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION ESPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR MAC
• Switch between Original/HD graphics
• 3 difficulty modes, Normal (easier than original game), Difficult (Equal to original game) and Very Hard (more difficult than original game)
• 100% remastered Sounds and FX
• Game Center with 13 achievements
• 5 languages support (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
★ CURIOUS? MORE INFO ON:
anotherworld.fr (official page)
Ratings and Reviews
Conjuers up plenty nostaglia, but at price.
I remember playing this game when it first came out twenty something years ago, I loved the graphics and the storyline. I loved the fact the the game doesn't give you any indication as to what to do, and I love the cutscenes whenever your character dies. I used to die just to see the those cutscenes. This 20th anniversary version is an excellent port to Mac, the graphics and the controlls are flawless, I'm not quite sure why others might have complained about that. I had fun recalling the steps at each level, and then dying and then trying again. I don't think however that the game is worth $10. The game itself is quite short, and I have purchased the original Nintendo version 20 years ago. But, if you want a fun trip down memory lane, and have ten bucks to spare, get this game.
An awesome game from an awesome Era.
This game is a fresh breath because even though it has improved graphics and sound, it is essentially the same masterpiece from late 80s early 90s. I wish they added the second part: Heart of the Alien that few people have actually seen. If you played the original, and/or liked Amiga games, this is a must for you. $9.99 is a bit pricey though for a remake. However it is a good one to have. Apple please, make possible the Heart of the Alien aswell. Also other amiga classics like Shadow of the Beast 1 2 and 3
I really loved this game back in the day. It is even better now with the remaster and if you want you can play it in the original pixalated mode. For them to bring this game back to play on moderen computers, I have an iMac, is really fun. This is an adventurous game. Brillant from start to finish! It plays perfect on my imac High Seirra and the last few OS. I keep playing this game and in easy to hard modes. I hope others can dicover this great game.
- 98.4 MB
OS X 10.7 or later
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Another World 20th Anniversary © 2011-2013 Eric Chahi, Digital Lounge. Developed by DotEmu and published by BulkyPix. "Another World" and "Out Of This World" are registered trademarks of Eric Chahi. All rights reserved. All other trademarks, logos, and copyrights are property of their respective owners.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.