The Anova family of precision cookers allows everyone to cook like a pro! Paired with the Anova Culinary app, now perfectly cooked restaurant quality meals are as easy as the touch of a button.
Browse the largest collection of sous vide recipes by Michelin star chefs and home cooks just like you. Then simply connect your cooker to the app and start, stop, and monitor your cook right from your mobile phone. Feeling inspired? Create and share your own recipes and go viral on the ‘gram. Whatever your pleasure, the Anova Culinary app is the place for everything sous vide.
• LARGEST COLLECTION OF SOUS VIDE RECIPES: Access sous vide recipes created by Michelin star chefs and home cooks just like you.
• COOK FROM AFAR: Start, stop, change the temperature, set the timer, and monitor your cooking status from just about anywhere, as long as your device is within Wi-Fi range.
• RECIPE DISCOVERY: Cook recipes by James Beard Award-winning chefs, food editors, celebrity chefs, and more.
• GUIDED COOKING: Follow the step-by-step instructions and click start to start cooking.
• COOK NOTIFICATIONS: Stay up-to-date on your cooking status without getting tied to the kitchen.
• RECIPE SHARING: Share your recipe with friends directly through the app.
• TIME AND TEMP GUIDES: Learn the basics with our simple sous vide guides.
• MANUAL CONTROL: Customize your cook settings with manual time and temperature control.
• RECIPE COLLECTIONS: A series of new and appetizing recipe collections that are sure to keep you cooking.
• RECIPE CREATION: Easily create and save your own personal sous vide recipe.
• FAVORITES: Have a recipe or two that you love? Mark it as a favorite for quick and easy access.
• PERSONAL PROFILE: Create your personal profile and see a history of all the meals you’ve cooked.
• Improved the Wi-Fi connection process for the original connected Precision® Cooker
• Improved the reliability of cooking over Wi-Fi
• Improved Bluetooth re-connection on app launch
• Users with Precision® Cooker and Precision® Cooker Pro can install firmware updates from Settings, when available
Ratings and Reviews
App Needs Improvement
I bought an Anova in August 2019. The device is great, and the app had great features. In particular, it was good at preheating, and letting you know about how long it would be until your water is up to temperature. Since then, the app has undergone an update, which has now disabled that feature. Now, when you start a 45 minute recipe, it starts counting down that time immediately, even if the water is preheating. That makes it impossible to use the built-in guides and recipes unless you manually use the device to preheat your water before starting the programmed recipe. In addition, they have now hidden my own recipes in “My Profile”, instead of on the front page dashboard. I have customized several recipes to the “doneness” my family prefers, and they are the recipes I most frequently use. Why bury them on me?
Fortunately, these things can be corrected. I just hope Anova does before I abandon the app for manual settings and a kitchen timer. This isn’t rocket science
Anova intends this to be the directions for using their sous vide machines. As such it fails. There simply are not enough clear directions provided. Very many of the user-contributed recipes are poorly and unclear written as to technique. Those need to be much better-curated. Some examples of issues Anova leaves unanswered: Is there a limit to the amount of product you can cook at one time? When cooking animal flesh, can you put more than one cut (e.g., one pork chop or steak) into a single bag? If so, would you “stack” them one on top of another, or lay them side by side? Do you put the product in the water before it has come to temperature, or after? Many recipes give very large ranges for cooking times, what gives? Do those relate to the thickness of the cut? When the product is done cooking, can/should it be removed immediately, or can it be left in the (gradually cooling) water to keep warm until ready to sear/serve? Is it dangerous if a small amount of air is left in the bag (because it leaves product out of contact with hot water), or is it ok so long as the bag is fully submerged? It is very unfortunate Anova leaves so many basic questions unanswered. Sous vide is a unique technique; I am a skillful home chef but the skills used in other cooking techniques do not directly transfer to sous vide cooking.
App needs work
The hardware is great. I can’t begin to describe what a game changer sous vide cooking is. If I had it to do over though, I’d buy a base model with no connectivity because the app is a joke. First, the WiFi settings are ridiculous. After trying to connect unsuccessfully many times, I went to the web. I found out that neither your WiFi network name nor your password can be over 15 characters long. Their solution, I kid you not, is to change your network name and password to be shorter (less secure) than it is now. Also, there are many times where the app continues to tell me I need to get within range of the cooker so it can connect. It’ll stick like this with the app 3 inched away from the cooker. Better to just use the manual controls. Beyond that, I don’t understand how hackish their developers must be to not be able to get a simple timer right. It seemed to work on my first two cooks. After that, the timer now starts during the warm up phase. So you end up having to manually time everything anyway. And you have to listen for the cooker to hit the right temperature. The convenience of “set it and forget it” is totally missed with the poor app functionality.
- Anova Culinary LLC
- 19.9 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Anova Applied Electronics, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.