“Antitype’s clever design shines bright, delivering a tricky word puzzler in a minimalist package” — PocketGamer
“A word game that stands out from the crowded marketplace” — AppAdvice
“A double-whammy word puzzler… a devious combo!” — TouchArcade
“Simple but beautiful… absorbing… addicting.” — MacStories
“Streamlined style and elegantly crafted puzzles” — Gamezebo
Antitype is a game all about opposites. With a clue and your knowledge of the alphabet, you'll change opposing letters to decipher each pair of opposite words.
- 400 free levels range from simple to extremely difficult
- Synonym & Homophone level packs with 400 additional levels
- 100 ultra-challenging antonym levels in the new Antonyms X level pack
- Save by purchasing level pack bundles or unlock the game with the Unlimited Pass!
- Plan your moves wisely - every level can be solved!
- Hints provide you ability to get a head start on challenging levels
- Each level is uniquely shuffled so every attempt has its own solution
- Sync progress across all your iOS devices
- Beautifully-clean, colorful aesthetic
- Minimalist in style, yet full of complexity
- Quick gameplay - play for a minute, an hour or more!
It's been awhile since the last update! You'll be pleased to know that all level packs are now included - no more in-app purchases :)
Enjoy the game!
Ratings and Reviews
Clues could be improved (still fun tho!)
I really enjoy this game—it’s casual enough to play when you have a few odd minutes to kill, and it gives your brain a workout!
My only complaint/suggestion is that some of the clues are really not good. I know figuring out the antonyms is a big part of the game, but it’s frustrating to not be able to beat a level because the clue is off. Because of this I’ve lost interest for a few weeks at a time.
I think the problem is that the syntax of the clues isn’t as consistent or intuitive as it could be.
I would suggest patterning the clues after crossword clues: one thing they do is give hints as to what part of speech you are looking for.
For example, on level 274 the clue is “amount change”, and the answers are “increase” and “reduce”.
The clue implies (to crossword solvers at least) that the antonyms will be nouns, because the clue itself is a noun phrase; however “reduce” isn’t a noun. This discrepancy makes the clue misleading.
Making the parts of speech uniform would improve this clue. The clue say “change amount”, which implies action aka verbs.
OR “reduce” could be switched to “reduction”, so everything would be a noun.
(Thanks for putting up with the novel)
Really great game and highly recommend it. But so much potential
The game is simple and simplistic in its nature yet it is pretty engaging for something to quickly kill time. It saddens me that the developers didn’t really go far with this game and I’m sure the game would be pretty fun had the developers come out with new content. I would love to see more of the packs come out with extensions to others and entirely new packs, outside of that could be different languages to purchase and whatnot. Even new mechanics to enunciate the puzzle aspect like more than two words to figure out or diagonal tile switches would be insane. The minimalistic approach to the game is mesmerizing and soothing to play with. Overall I really enjoy the game. Price is a bit too much for the lack of levels, but personally I don’t mind.
FIX SCREEN PLACEMENT FOR XR
I reinstalled this game to realize that it is now free and has ads... I thought it was fine until I realized that the developers must not care about their fans who paid money to download the game because I hit restore purchases thinking it would remove ads for being a previous owner before it became free but no now I have ads to deal with.
Still a very creative game that used to be super fun... without ads that is
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BorderLeap, LLC
- 43.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.5 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.5 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2023 BorderLeap, LLC
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.