Anybuffer is a place to store and organize everything you want. Links, images, documents, text, email - you name it! Your items where you need them, synced across devices with iCloud.
- Drag&drop items from anywhere
- Paste from Clipboard
- Add from Files or Photos
- Scan documents
- Use system wide Share Extension
- Drag&Drop or add it from
- Create shelves to reduce clutter
- Use Trash to restore accidentally deleted items
- Drag&Drop items anywhere
- Use share or copy filter for items and individual representations
- Use filters to export items in groups
No ads, no creepy analytics, no integration with third-party services. Your data is safe&secure on your devices.
New Features in Anybuffer 2.0:
- Completely new design, feels at home on iOS and works better on iPhone
- Multiple Windows on iPad OS
- Dark Mode
- Powerful Siri Shortcuts
- Context Menus (tap and hold on items or shelves)
- New multitasking select gesture, swipe with two fingers to select multiple items
- New Cards UI, looks and works great om iPad
- New Quick Look feature adds edit function for images and PDFs
- Scan documents with your camera
- Better Thumbnails
- In-app Search
- Sort items by name, date, size or kind
- Great keyboard shortcuts support
- iCloud sync reliability improvements
- Better default item name when adding from clipboard and share extension
- Lot's of under the hood changes make this release much more stable and reliable
- Integration with iOS Files to be release in 2019
- Biometric lock
Ratings and Reviews
EXACTLY what I was looking for
You won’t understand how useful this app is until you use it. I use multiple productivity apps at the same time, and I’m constantly moving snippets of text, photos, links, etc around. This makes THAT so convenient that it’s a no-brained. JUST GET IT ALREADY — it’s free!
While I have found this app helpful when doing research for school I have found that it is very annoying when I want to find a snippet of text that I took off a website. All I see are empty white blocks that do not offer me any information of what is inside of them, so I have to go through them all one by one, and since I cannot scroll in between files I have to exit and reach the board to pick yet another file. As for the sharing tools it is also very annoying to have to chose a viewing format after clicking the file in order to physically see it. And then to exit you have to click twice (exit the sharing format, then exit the open file) which makes browsing unnecessarily complicated. I like the concept of the app and it has helped me write my school papers, but all of these issues need to be fixed before it can receive a higher score of stars.
Developer Response ,
Check out the recent release, most of the issues you described were addressed
Great Idea but Needs Work.
While this app address some of the peculiarly absent features is iOS, it’s still has some issues with different data types when using the “Share”
menu which is pretty annoying. You can send all kinds of data to AnyBuffer but sadly you can’t send these copying objects like phots, documents or simply text to many apps. If there were methods to do this so that other apps could be convinced data is of a different type (ie: a PDF file, a photo, etc... I suspect more apps would be able to paste it.
Also, the viewer is kind of clunky where clicking on an item in AnyBuffer requires lots of button presses to view the same document you were just looking at, even with the added security turned off. It’s nice to have a “scratch” place to store documents you need to for things like directions, but all of the button pressing just to view it over and over is very tedious.
Finally, there needs to be some integration with a computer app (like a MacOS app from the App Store) so you can share between mobile devices and your computer easily as it simply stores its data in iCloud anyway.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback.
Can you please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org? I’m currently in the middle of redesign both of item sharing and preview, and I would like to incorporate your feedback.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.