Notifications around breaking news and important emails help you stay informed and connected. Stay on top of today’s top stories on a variety of topics from politics and finance to celebrity news. Plus, check your AOL Mail, send messages and access all of your AOL and phone contacts directly from the app.
• Read or watch the latest news around politics, US and world news, sports, entertainment, finance, lifestyle and weather
• Pulled from reliable sites including TechCrunch, HuffPost, Engadget, AOL Finance and AOL Sports
• Never miss a story with instant breaking news push notifications
• Share articles and videos via Facebook, Twitter and email
• Fast-loading email
• Manage your AOL Mail from anywhere
• Access all of your AOL and phone contacts in a single location
• Quickly swipe to delete, move, mark or flag emails
• Tap once to empty all trash and spam
• Check weather in your location with a single tap
• Hourly and daily forecasts
• Customized notifications
• Watch video clips & stream NFL games live on your phone
• Choose from a variety of topics including celebrity news, animals and top stories
Do you have feedback on the app? Click here to let us know: https://aol.uservoice.com/forums/912865 We’d love to hear from you!
Please note: This app features Nielsen's proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen's TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information. You may also visit Settings in the app to opt out of Nielsen measurement.
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Emails don’t send out
I’ve been an AOL mail user for quite a long time, over 10 years! and I really love AOL. But when I try to write messages out and send them when using the app, my messages don’t send out and I receive a pop up message saying “Oops, this is embarrassing, something went wrong.” Then I’d have to send the whole message again or I have to type it up again which is annoying. I keep in touch with friends through my email and want to be sure my messages are sent but 90% of the time on my app it pops up that message. It works fine if I go on the website into my account on the computer but for some reason the app won’t cooperate all the time when using the app.
I figured I’d mention this to you because I feel it should be fixed so everyone has the chance to send emails through their phones without any problems. I’m not quite sure if anyone else has this issue but I know I’ve been having it since I’ve downloaded the app years ago.
Developer Response ,
Hi Kelly, thanks so much for the review! In order to resolve this issue, please try the troubleshooting solutions below: 1. Restart your mobile device 2. Uninstall and reinstall the app with the latest version 3. Lastly, switch the internet connection from WiFi to mobile data or vice-versa. Thank you!
Inability to leave sign in feature on.
1. Within the last month I have experienced issues which occurred the last time I was hacked. Same font and same window. Now each time I sign in it automatically signs me out if I leave it on it switch to another app on my iPhone or iPad. This makes me believe that someone else is using my accounts. And my other account will not open either. I have attempted to contact aol but they only give assistance to paid members. I have been a member since the beginning and as a retiree from aol/TW have never been forced to pay.
2. I have too much mail and would like to select mail and mass delete as I could if I had a computer. But I no longer have one. When I inquired about a change in the app I was told it can’t be done and to use a computer. Sorry I can’t give a better review at this time because I love aol. But I no longer feel safe or able to get assistance. Possibly you as the developer can do something and notify aol members.
So Many Problems Lately
I’ve had AOL for decades and everything was reliable up until the last 6-12 months. At some point AOL mail within the general iOS email app would disappear, would have to reload ALL the old email once it finally managed to reconnect, and then would still be unreliable when sending as some things would seem to go but actually just be shoved into a drafts folder while others would go out via one of my non-AOL accounts without me realizing what had happened. Did all the usual things to try and address the issue to no avail. Seemed to be something at the other end and not on these devices. So I turned to this AOL app hoping I’d overcome some of these obstacles with the iOS general email app but this app is glitchy and unreliable with the issues others here have mentioned...having to log back in each time, etc. I really hope these issues are fixed. I’ve been very happy with AOL and didn’t jump ship for things like gmail when many others did but I can’t imagine sticking around in the AOL eco system much longer with it becoming as unreliable as it has lately. Really do hope these issues are fixed soon.
Developer Response ,
We want to have one of our mail support agents look more into this, please reach out to them via email at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AOL Inc.
- 89.2 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 Oath Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.