FIRST 90 DAYS FREE for new users: APDL is the one and only airline pilot logbook app built from the ground up specifically for Part 117 airline scheduled operations. APDL is not only an airline pilot logbook but also provides comprehensive up to the minute legality calculations with complete 14 CFR Part 117 coverage, duty time management, crew tracking, schedule importing, reports, alerts, data everywhere sync and much more. Export flights easily on APDL.net for quick import into Logbook Pro if desired.
- APDL Toolkit makes schedule importing seamless with Safari browser integration
- Dark and Light Themes (manual set or use iOS)
- Advanced Commute Tools
- Comprehensive Flight Search for Deadheading
- Automatic Schedule Importing for FLICA users
- Extensive legality integration including What-If dynamic legality computations
- Default Rest Facility support
- Exportable reports available in app and on APDL.net. Use macOS handoff to display a report on your device and then open the report in your default browser in macOS
- Latest Available Takeoff Time (LATT) with planned taxi, estimated time enroute, planned taxi in times (add related Status Board widget as desired)
- FAR 1.1 Flight time support
- Color coded legality and projected delay information for real time status
- Duty and rest charts and detail including color coded progress bars
- Schedule and Calendar views for month view duty review and navigation, tap to add duty
- Automatic resume generation
- Data everywhere sync with automatic and included online backup
- Familiar trip sheet format with intuitive information at a glance in the format airline pilots know and love. View gates, turn times, aircraft change indicators, and projected delays
- Customizable Status Board allows you to add/remove widgets per duty phase
- Cloud resources automatically retrieve gates, aircraft, and OOOI data making logging seamless
- Extensive LEG resources for EDCT, diagrams, and more
- Hotel management and van/shuttle departure alerts
- iOS integrated alerts keep you on top of changes and legality
- Use Touch/Face ID for app security
- iOS Calendar App sync
- CrossCheck data validator monitors your entries for accuracy and completeness
- Weather map with planned and actual overlays, tappable endpoints for weather and FAA delay info
- Automatic night calc
- Extensive settings for complete control and customization
- Advanced search
- Data is tied to your airline/employer with archive capability
- On Time performance
- Extensive and informative Payroll and Summary views
- Color coded "lozenges" help to quickly identify status
- Included schedule importer with over 200 supported airline formats, time zone support, and export functionality
- Automatic duty adjustments based on report/release configurations
- View weather forecast in Schedule and Calendar views
- Aircraft photos synced across devices
- EDCT Status Board Widget
Subscriptions do not auto-renew. In-app purchases will be charged to your iTunes Account. Subscription terms and pricing may be found in the My Account area in the app.
APDL is a registered trademark of NC Software, Inc.
Major update to APDL - The Airline Pilot Logbook.
• Payroll View - Expanded information to include estimated Net Pay, Retirement Contributions, and Taxes to Pay Period and YTD Payroll summaries.
• Pay Estimator - Accessed by tapping 'Details, Taxes, Retirement, and What If' from the expanded payroll information section on the Payroll view.
• What If Pay Calculator - Accessed from the What If menu or the What If icon on Payroll Navigation Bar
Quality Improvements (Fixes)
• Share APDL with your friends and crewmembers with ease. A new share row in the main menu to display a QR Code or AirDrop a link to APDL in the App Store by tapping the share button in the upper right.
• Updated pay period UI date picker.
• Missing Legality Detail Report resolved.
• Calendar and Schedule Views - Add Trip, Import Trip, Delete Trip actions update underlying view immediately.
• 'New Leg' action on Calendar and Schedule views does not pre-fill destination in Leg Editor. This is by design, pervious version filled in the domicile.
• 'Delete Leg' action reliably removes trip.
• Commute To/From's Dept, Dest, and Airline would show blank after searching for flights. This UI issue was resolved.
• Validated Augmented Operations Multi Crew FDP Limit and Cumulative Limits in Projected Mode.
• Improved calendar note linking for FlightAware flight tracking
• Fixed an issue with Schedule Importer settings for time zone and filter selection
• Viewing Settings > Notifications will prompt for notification permissions if the device was reset and notifications need to be reactivated
• Updated airport database for KLAS name change
We appreciate your feedback, suggestions, and App Store reviews. We hope you enjoy the amazing features APDL brings airline pilots with the only true and comprehensive CFR Part 117 app available by airline pilots for airline pilots.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for airline pilots but needs more reports
This is a great app that provides many conveniences and tracking to help you keep out of trouble when getting close to a time-out. I like the automatic scheduler update, and the auto pulls to record push, out and in times.
I really like the dashboard screen which provides the next show time, gate, and even route. It also provides the TAF for the departing and destination airport. It’s a nice glimpse for the next flight.
I would rate this app higher if it had better reporting. Reports like creating the 8710 report. Reports by aircraft, and .CSV exports for expanded reporting capability into Excel.
Good, but could be better
It’s a bit convoluted at the moment. It’s hard to say whether it’s the fault of how overly complicated part 117 regulations are, or whether it’s the design of the app. Right now, it’s pretty difficult to just come up with a simple latest wheels up time. Also, the section to keep track of pay is of no use, since it has been horribly inaccurate for me. As a portable log book though, once I finally figured out how to sync with logbook pro, it works really well. If they come up with an easy button to sync with Logbook pro, it’ll be perfect for me.
The other bells and whistles are nice, but it’s almost trying to do too much. It’s a bit of a Jack of all trades, master of none situation. If I’m getting close to my drop dead time, I end up wasting so much time trying to interpret what this app is telling me so I usually just give up and use the ALPA 117 calculator instead. A lot of that could probably be solved by reading up or browsing the forums, but honestly we shouldn’t have to do that with a smartphone app. Focus on making a simple user interface before adding features and this will end up as the best logbook/part 117 tracker out there.
Doesn’t live up to the promise
Split duties have to be hand built. Tedious process that takes too much time for those who are scheduled for multiple split duties in their schedule. The Part 117 compliance check doesn’t recognize that split duties can be fit back to back to fit within 6 calendar days (5 nights in a row), so it flags it as a 117 violation. There should be an override for the user to double check flagged duty limits and allow the user to clear it as good, just in case the app’s algorithm is unable to account for circumstances the programmers couldn’t anticipate.
Overall not as intuitive or user friendly as it should be. You’re going to have to watch the videos and read the material to learn how to use it, but instruction videos and reading material isn’t comprehensively outlined, so you’ll spend a couple hours using google to search for an answer, only to finally realize that the reason you can’t find the answer is because the app isn’t capable of performing the function you thought it could or ought to able to do.
Last, this doesn’t synch to logbook pro automatically and you’ve got to use a data file to transfer. A company should be able to synch between its own apps.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NC Software, Inc.
- 195.4 MB
- Requires iOS 15.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.3 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 NC Software, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- APDL 30 Days $12.99
- APDL 1 Year $129.99
- APDL 3 Months $39.99
- APDL 6 Months $79.99