With this app you can remotely view and control your Apexis IP camera from your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. From wherever you are*! You can use it for example for home security (is someone breaking into your home?), home automation (did I leave the lights on?) or to watch your little baby kid while it sleeps.
- View the live video feed of your cameras
- Two-way audio
- Face detection and tracking!
- Support for QR-code scanning for P2P cameras
- Control the cameras in all 8 directions (if supported by the camera)
- Motion detection (only for cameras that support it): send mail on motion detection, set sensitivity, Quickly enable/disable the alarm
- Zoom in and out on the image by pinching (even when your camera doesn't support zoom)
- Fullscreen by rotating the device to a landscape position
- Fullscreen controls
- Swipe in fullscreen view to select another camera, this only work when not zoomed in (double tap to zoom to 100%)
- Take snapshots and save it to your camera roll
- Adjust brightness/contrast
- Mirror and flip is taken into account (so the controls will still work intuitively, even when the camera is mounted to a ceiling for example)
- Change camera resolution
- Adjust brightness and contrast
- Multiple camera support (up to 144 cameras)
- Mosaic view for showing 4 cameras (in landscape) and 6 cameras (in portrait) simultaneously
- Swipe in mosaic view to view more other cameras
- Possibility to lock PTZ controls and/or rotation
- iOS 7 supported
- Taking full advantage of retina display on iPhone 4, 4S and iPhone 5
HOW TO USE
- Use the controls on the screen: tap and hold to move the camera into that direction, release to stop the motion.
- Rotate the screen to view the image fullscreen, swipe in fullscreen (when not zoomed in) to select another camera
- Rotate in mosaic view to show the mosaic in fullscreen. Swipe mosaic view to show more.
- Use the pinch gesture on the image to zoom in and out, double tap to restore to the original size.
- In the fullscreen view tap the top of the screen to show a menu with extra options
Some of the Apexis models that are supported: APM-J010-WS, APM-J011-WS, APM-J012-WS, APM-J0111-WS, APM-J018-WS, APM-J0118-WS, APM-J0233-WS-IR, APM-J601-WS-IR, APM-J602-WS-IR, APM-J0210, APM-J0220, APM-J019Z, APM-J011-POE, APM-J803-WS, APM-J803-Z-WS, APM-J803-POE, APM-J803-Z-POE, APM-J901-Z-WS, APM-J602-IRC, APM-J602-WS-IRC, APM-J602-WS-IR, APM-J0233-WS-IRC, APM-J0233-WS-IR, APM-J0233-POE, APM-J0233-POE-IRC, APM-J011-WS, APM-J011-WS-IRC, APM-J011-WS-LC, APM-J011-POE, APM-J011-POE-IRC, APM-J012-L-WS, APM-J012-W, APM-H701-MPC-IR , APM-H602-MPC-WS-IR, H803, H804 etc and probably any other MJPEG compatible Apexis IP camera.
P2P cameras like Support APM-JP4035-WS, APM-JP4045-WS, APM-JP8015-WS, APM-JP8025-WS, APM-JP8035-WS, APM-JP6015-WS, APM-JP6235-WS ,APM-JP9015-WS.
I'm not sure about all, because I couldn't test them all. For a complete list and user reports check http://www.apexisapp.com/cameras/
*** NOTE THAT NOT ALL FEATURES WILL WORK WITH ALL CAMERA MODELS ***
*3G/4G or wireless network connection required, to use non-P2P cameras outside your home network you'll need to setup portforwarding on your router, see the FAQ.
Please note that I'm an independent developer, I made this app commissioned by Apexis.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Fix for some camera models not showing in iOS 9
Fix for crashes on iOS 9. Sorry it took so long! If you left a bad review because of these crashes, please take the time to reconsider you review! Thanks.
A review after each update is much appreciated as it attracts new users, which in turn keeps updates free of charge!
Ratings and Reviews
Would be great to have a 'video recorder' option next to the snapshot and a 'video recording -by motion -sent by email' too!
Great app , easy to use . Does what it should do .
A big improvement for my camera.
I recently purchased an Apexis IP camera sold by X-10 as the Airsight. The camera features are nice, but the web-based interface is unreliable and difficult to use. I took a gamble with this app (considering the lukewarm reviews) but was immediately glad I did. Interacting with my camera is so much more enjoyable with this app than with the web-based interface!
The app does everything the "mobile phone" web interface can do, and adds the ability to store and recall preset positions, take a snapshot and email or save it to the camera roll, and pinch to zoom on the live camera image. The interface is polished and the pan/tilt buttons are so much easier to use. It even adds hotspots so you can tap directly on the picture to move the camera around.
Since the app supports multiple camera configurations, I set up my camera twice -- once with the external IP of my network and again with the local IP. This lets me quickly view my camera from local or remote locations, even though my router doesn't support translating internal requests, by simply selecting the corresponding camera option.
The developer, The Convenience Factory B.V., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- The Convenience Factory B.V.
- 15.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © The Convenience Factory BV
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.