Apollo was a Reddit app built for speed, customization, and providing the best the platform had to offer.
"Simply remarkable, […] you’re nuts if you don’t try Apollo." - John Gruber, Daring Fireball
"The best Reddit app for iOS" - The Sweet Setup
"Apollo is the best Reddit client I have ever used. Period." - iMore
"Apollo makes the wild world of Reddit more accessible than ever before, and it may just be the best designed social feed app I've ever used." - MacStories
"Apollo is the only Reddit app you need." - TechCrunch
"Beautiful, modern, and fast." - MacRumors
Apollo is a beautiful Reddit app built for fast navigation with an incredibly powerful set of features. Thanks to features like the Jump Bar, fully customizable gestures, and a super-charged Media Viewer, browsing Reddit has never been this amazing.
It's created specifically with iOS design guidelines in mind, so it fits right at home on your device, and with input from thousands of Redditors helping sculpt and perfect it over several years before launching:
- Jump Bar, for super-fast hopping between subreddits
- Super-charged Media Viewer for an amazing experience viewing images, GIFs, videos, albums , and more from a variety of sources.
- Tabbed interface for easy navigating
- Incredibly powerful Markdown composer for writing comments and posts
- Full inline Imgur uploading, both images and albums
- Large or compact posts depending on your preference
- Dark mode (can be automatic)
- Fully customizable gestures
- Safari View Controller for browsing articles and links
- Inline previews of media in comments
- 3D Touch support
- Beautifully organized Inbox
- Filtering and blocking
- Face ID / Touch ID / Passcode lock
- Moderator features
- Tons of settings to tweak
- GIF scrubbing to go backward and forward in time
- Multiple accounts
- Powerful search
- Full Markdown rendering
- Unobtrusive Volume Indicator
As well as much, much more and it's constantly evolving. If you have anything you'd specifically like to see, come to the ApolloApp subreddit and we'd love to hear it!
Apollo is an unofficial app, and side effects may include an incredible browsing experience.
Adds an option to download all wallpapers rather than having to do it individually. Also adds an option to sign up to be notified for my Next Thing™!
Ratings and Reviews
Apollo for Reddit is an excellent alternative to the official app, with stacks of useful features and tons of settings you can tweak for an even more personalized Reddit experience. Apollo has clearly been designed by someone who spends a lot of time on Reddit, because the app is full of things that’ll delight power users.
Much better than the original app.
Apollo has so many more features and options compared to Reddit’s app. Options to use a dedicated search bar from within the hidden posts section as well as from within my saved content for that one particular thing I’d want to share later make saving so much more meaningful.
Combine those features with the ability to customize short swipe and long swipe gestures, and I get a much more seamless browsing experience than anything the original app currently has to offer. I can engage with a post and comment thread so much faster and just as quickly scroll through to the next post that catches my eye. And when I come back to the app, because I can easily swipe to hide previously seen posts, my feed is never cluttered with content that I’ve already interacted with.
Stellar developer communication and constant app updates is the icing on top. About every couple of months a new feature, quality of life update, new app theme, or community-made app icon pack comes out. I love that I have variety even in something small like the app icon just to keep things looking fresh even before opening the app. And if the community has a request, the developer is quick to respond.
Absolutely Stellar App, Developer is 🔥
Apollo is by far the most-used app on my phone (and now I have the ScreenTime reports to prove it). It is orders of magnitude better than the “official” reddit app and is superior in every way. It is fast and smooth and packed with features. I especially love that I can pick the theme I want, change the icon, and remove ads! The thing I hated most about the official app was the ads that were disguised as legitimate posts and with Apollo that’s all gone!
I bought the Pro upgrade months ago to gain access to additional features and it was one of the few in-app purchases I have never regretted or felt like wasn’t worth the cost. Today the developer released an update adding a bunch of new features that require a very reasonable (seems underpriced to be honest) monthly subscription, and like a true bro he has the option to unlock it for life with a onetime purchase! I hate monthly and even yearly subscriptions so I especially appreciated this option.
All that by itself should convince you that this app is worth it, but the thing that really seals the deal is the developer. He is amazing. Super active with feedback and very open in his communication about the status of the app’s development and requested features.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Christian Selig
- 148 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Unrestricted Web Access Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Christian Selig 2023
- In-App Purchases
- Generous Tip $5.00
- Nice Tip $1.00
- Amazing Tip $10.00
- Kind Tip $3.00
- Godzilla Tip $20.00