Fast, clean, and customizable, now with new SharePlay integration. See why Apollo's been voted the best app for Reddit.
"Simply remarkable, […] you’re nuts if you don’t try Apollo." - John Gruber, Daring Fireball
"The best Reddit app for iOS" - The Sweet Setup
"Apollo is the best Reddit client I have ever used. Period." - iMore
"Apollo makes the wild world of Reddit more accessible than ever before, and it may just be the best designed social feed app I've ever used." - MacStories
"Apollo is the only Reddit app you need." - TechCrunch
"Beautiful, modern, and fast." - MacRumors
Apollo is a beautiful Reddit app built for fast navigation with an incredibly powerful set of features. Thanks to features like the Jump Bar, fully customizable gestures, and a super-charged Media Viewer, browsing Reddit has never been this amazing.
It's created specifically with iOS design guidelines in mind, so it fits right at home on your device, and with input from thousands of Redditors helping sculpt and perfect it over several years before launching:
- Jump Bar, for super-fast hopping between subreddits
- Super-charged Media Viewer for an amazing experience viewing images, GIFs, videos, albums , and more from a variety of sources.
- Tabbed interface for easy navigating
- Incredibly powerful Markdown composer for writing comments and posts
- Full inline Imgur uploading, both images and albums
- Large or compact posts depending on your preference
- Dark mode (can be automatic)
- Fully customizable gestures
- Safari View Controller for browsing articles and links
- Inline previews of media in comments
- 3D Touch support
- Beautifully organized Inbox
- Filtering and blocking
- Face ID / Touch ID / Passcode lock
- Moderator features
- Tons of settings to tweak
- GIF scrubbing to go backward and forward in time
- Multiple accounts
- Powerful search
- Full Markdown rendering
- Unobtrusive Volume Indicator
As well as much, much more and it's constantly evolving. If you have anything you'd specifically like to see, come to the ApolloApp subreddit and we'd love to hear it!
Apollo is an unofficial app, and side effects may include an incredible browsing experience.
Here's a quick little update with some quality of life/bug fixes, and two new icons!
- Improvements to SharePlay support (requires iOS 15.1 and greater), if you elect not to use it for the FaceTime call Apollo will remember that and not prompt you continually (appreciate the feedback there!). Also includes a banner when highlighting comments to other participants.
- Two new icons! The first is a terrific icon named Dr. Spaceman by Jeff Broderick. The second is a beautiful icon named N.E.L.S.O.N. by Gavin Nelson. Together the two icons make an excellent pair. :)
- Fixed a crash that could occur on Apple silicon Macs
- Fixed an issue with keyboard navigation on iPad
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely Stellar App, Developer is 🔥
Apollo is by far the most-used app on my phone (and now I have the ScreenTime reports to prove it). It is orders of magnitude better than the “official” reddit app and is superior in every way. It is fast and smooth and packed with features. I especially love that I can pick the theme I want, change the icon, and remove ads! The thing I hated most about the official app was the ads that were disguised as legitimate posts and with Apollo that’s all gone!
I bought the Pro upgrade months ago to gain access to additional features and it was one of the few in-app purchases I have never regretted or felt like wasn’t worth the cost. Today the developer released an update adding a bunch of new features that require a very reasonable (seems underpriced to be honest) monthly subscription, and like a true bro he has the option to unlock it for life with a onetime purchase! I hate monthly and even yearly subscriptions so I especially appreciated this option.
All that by itself should convince you that this app is worth it, but the thing that really seals the deal is the developer. He is amazing. Super active with feedback and very open in his communication about the status of the app’s development and requested features.
The best Reddit app there is, no doubt about it.
Apollo is simply perfect, and you don’t really realize how many features you wanted in a Reddit app until you use Apollo. I used RiF for years and thought I really liked it, and when I made the switch to iOS about a year ago I was annoyed that I had to give it up. I tried 3 different apps on iOS before finally giving Apollo a shot, and that was that. It’s heaven compared to all of its competitors.
Swipe to upvote/downvote/save/reply along with haptic feedback is so convenient to use that I find myself engaging in comments far more than I did previously (there’s something so satisfying about that little “bzzt”). The ability to map your own gestures for different actions within the app is awesome too. On top of all that, it’s just a beautiful, sleek looking app that was clearly designed by someone who knows their stuff when it comes to UX.
Apollo also has its own subreddit, and Christian the sole developer is very active in it and is constantly adding features requested there. He’s a solid dude. Do yourself a favor and try it even if you think you love your current app. I can promise that you won’t regret it.
Fantastic Reddit client for iPhone
From first use, this app is a joy to use. It integrates incredibly well with the rest of iOS. The default settings are mostly intuitive (especially for first time users) and for those places where the app doesn’t do what you expect, the available options are extensive.
What prompted me to write this review was actually a feature of the Ultra subscription (also available as a one time purchase). I’d put off purchasing Ultra for a while, as the biggest draw to me was the message/reply notifications but I still used Narwhal for that. I recently subscribed to support the developer, and got my first notification. It’s great, it feels like an iMessage notification with a quick reply sheet opening up so I can respond with the easy option to open the full app as well.
The one limitation I encounter with this app is the iPad interface. It is not as well thought out as the iPhone interface; it’s basically a scaled up version of the iPhone interface. But as an iPhone app, this is the best Reddit client I’ve used (I even prefer it over the old and new website on a “real” computer).
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Christian Selig
- 123.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Unrestricted Web Access Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Christian Selig 2021
- In-App Purchases
- Apollo Ultra Monthly $0.99
- Apollo Pro $4.99
- Apollo Ultra Lifetime $39.99
- Apollo Pro $6.99
- Apollo Ultra Yearly $9.99
- Apollo Pro $9.99
- Generous Tip $4.99
- Nice Tip $0.99
- Kind Tip $2.99
- SPCA Icon $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.