ApolloOne is a powerful image viewer and manager designed for the seasoned amateurs and professional photographers. The design objectives are ease of use and speed - and lots of it. Arguably the fastest image viewer ever created for the macOS (1), it works with your existing folder structure without ever needing to import files into a database. It offers a comprehensive set of tools for the photographers: smart memory card imports, displaying camera AF points, rating and culling images, managing metadata, searching and filtering, batch renaming, and much more.
IMAGE VIEWER FEATURES:
1. Native support for Intel and Apple M1 Macs.
2. Easy to use interface with unique HUD display - maximizes image display area, especially on a Macbook.
3. Browsing history for quickly switching between multiple events or projects.
4. Rotate, mirror, flip photos and videos instantly. Correct orientation of JPEGs without altering image data.
5. Split View with synchronized zooming and scrolling for fast image comparison.
6. EXIF metadata inspector with search and edit features. Add tags to your favorite list for quick filtering.
7. User customizable Toolbar.
8. Slideshow with iTunes/Apple music playback and Laser pointer support.
9. Video playback with frame stepping controls.
IMAGE MANAGEMENT FEATURES:
1. Import files from memory cards, batch resize, batch rename, batch export and batch image format conversion.
2. Support reading and writing images in HEIC format.
3. Perform image cropping and simple RAW image adjustments.
4. Tag and rate files for copy, move and delete operations. You can tag or rate files quickly using keyboard shortcut keys. File rating uses IPTC/XMP compatible Rating fields.
5. Keywords management, keyword completion when inputting keywords for images. Filter and search by keywords or other metadata.
6. Extensive file filtering options. Filter files by searching metadata with optional regular expression matching.
7. A set of EXIF tools for changing, shifting creation dates, synchronizing XMP metadata, removing metadata and more.
1. Display camera AF points and detected faces; magnify and cycle through AF points quickly for checking on focus (2).
2. Filter files by GPS distance or by GPS altitude (ie: drone photos). Measure distance between two photos based on embedded GPS coordinates.
3. Batch rename uses GPS coordinates to retrieve city and country name as part of the rename criteria. RAW and all associated files are renamed as a group, not as separate files.
4. Ability to delete the RAW file together with the JPEG file, or delete just the RAW file, leaving the JPEG file alone. Files can be recovered from the Trash with the Put Back function (3).
OTHER PRODUCTIVITY FEATURES:
- Context menu for frequently accessed functions. Ability to send images, including RAW files and videos to external editors.
- Sharing with iOS devices via AirDrop.
- Accurately capture video frame as JPEG image.
- Full support of Trackpad, Magic Mouse, and 3rd party mouse with scroll wheel (4).
- Support SRT subtitle file for video playback.
- Ability to play animated GIF files.
- Focal length conversion to 35mm film.
- UI is localized in 11 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese and Korean).
- macOS version 10.12 (High Sierra) to 12 (Monterey).
1. Internally tested as of October 2021.
2. Current supported camera manufacturers: Canon, Nikon, Fujifilm, Sony and Olympus.
3. User script needs to be installed via the Preferences panel in order to enable the Trash Put Back feature.
4. Two-finger pinch zooming is only available on the Mac with a Trackpad.
- NEW! Grid lines in crop mode.
- Updates ExifTool to version 12.51.
- Enhancements and bug fixes.
Love ApolloOne? Please give us a review! We're reading every comment, review, and your thoughts and suggestions will help us improve ApolloOne.
Need help or want to send us feedback? Please contact us from our website if something seems broken.
Ratings and Reviews
Decent photo and video gallery browser, similar to Adobe Bridge.
Was primarily just looking for a simple gallery viewer that shows the basic file data of each photo and video within a comfortable dark skinned app with decent design layout and functionality. This app meets those requirements. App lets you browse by folder organization, which is important as I have years of photos in month by month organized folders. Like the easy resizable thumbnail grid layout with info details in the sidebar. Also shows video files.
Don't need an editor, just need to be able to see my photo folders quickly. Couple of small things that are lacking or I have yet to discover. Instant opening of photos directly to application like Photoshop or Affinity Photo. No larger image preview of selected photo while remaining in grid layout, could be in sidebar, above or below. Can be viewed by double clicking, but it takes you out of the grid layout by doing so. Don't really need anything else.
Not sure I even need to pay for the upgrade to the full version as my basic needs have already been met. Overall, a decent program with a no charge price. Good alternative to Adobe Bridge, which is what I used to use.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review. The 2 missing features are actually available in the app. Right mouse click on the main window and you get a Context menu. Select "Open With" or "Open Camera RAW With" to send one or multiple images to an external editor. Also, while in Contact Sheet mode, pressing spacebar will bring up the QuickPreview window. You can use arrow keys to navigate while the QuickPreview window is active. You can also drag the QuickPreview window to a second monitor if you wish.
There are not that many good mac apps for pictures that is simplistic and has a well built gallery. I was looking for something similar to ACDSee. I upgraded the version and just got the huge nag screen everytime I open up a picture to view. I cannot open a picture as a new window either (Im not sure if this is a feature yet) and it would currently swap over my opened picture to the double picture instead of preview where you can view multiple photos in multiple instances. I wish that would be allowed in settings. It gets the job done but without being able to see multiple pictures at once and with the nag screen I have to stick with preview for now.
Great Online Support
I have been using Apollo One for some time mainly to view and cull unwanted RAW photos from my camera before transferring them to Affinity Photo for processing. I also use Apollo One for jpeg slide shows and quick review of my processed photos. Apollo One offers many features I am not familiar with due to my resistance to read the manual in detail. This fact recently came back to haunt me as I started having trouble viewing new photos from a source Apollo had not integrated into it’s finder system as instructed in the manual. I reached out to Apollo Ones support email for help. Much to my surprise I received a reply within a few hours and after a few quick email exchanges my problem was solved. I don’t believe I have ever received such rapid support and helpful suggestions from a software developer. These guys ROCK! Now I’m going to have to read the all of the manual and learn what I have missed about this great program.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Anogeissus Limited
- 32.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2022 Anogeissus Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Std Edition Perpetual License $23.99
- Free Trial $0.00
- One Month Trial $0.99
- 1-Year Standard Subscription $11.99
- Pro Edition Perpetual License $49.99
- Pro Edition Perpetual License $29.99
- 1-Year Pro Subscription $19.99
- Pro Subscription for v2 Users $9.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.