2021 Webby Honoree for Best Use of AR ◆◆ Editors Choice ◆◆ Best of 2018 Watch App ◆◆ Featured in Forbes, Wired, The New York Times, Travel+Leisure and more.
At App in the Air, we believe that travel should be easy and stress-free. Whether you’re planning a relaxing getaway or flying to an important business meeting, the journey should be as enjoyable as the destination. App in the Air removes the complexities of travel, and instead, streamlines the entire travel experience: from simplifying planning and booking, to providing you with the information you need before, during, and after your trip. App in the Air is your all-in-one travel companion.
Download App in the Air for free to join our global community of 7 million+ avid travelers.
- Set up automatic check-in to claim your preferred airplane seating, even when you’re busy.
- Get real-time flight notifications for check-in, boarding times, gate changes, delays, etc. (even without WiFi).
- Track your live trip status from your lock screen with Live Activities.
- Subscribe friends & family to SMS trip alerts so they know you’re flying safe.
- Record your travel history with a 3D map that visualizes your full travel history, and statistics that keep track of which aircraft and airlines you’ve flown.
BOOK WITH EASE
- Use filters like number of stops, times, amenities, alliance programs, pricing and more to search for your ideal flight itinerary. Our smart tools offer predictive pricing— with machine learning, your search options will evolve over time as you interact with the platform.
- Your search results are optimized based on your loyalty status and fares that will earn a higher points yield (select airlines currently).
- App in the Air has a direct connection with all major US airlines, your favorite low-cost carriers, as well as British Airways, Lufthansa, Eurowings, and more. There are never any hidden fees— just pure convenience.
- Browse and compare over 2 million hotel properties worldwide sourced from our direct partners including Booking.com, Hotelbeds, and Expedia. Uncover non-public hotel deals exclusively available in the app.
- For every flight or hotel booking made with App in the Air, we plant a tree on your behalf to support reforestation efforts around the world.
- Offset your flight-related carbon impact. App in the Air automatically calculates the number of CO2 tonnes you should offset to go carbon-neutral.
CONVENIENCE & COMMUNITY
- Connect with other travelers flying to or from the same airports as you with our nearby feature. Compare flight statistics to see who the ultimate frequent flier is.
- Discover helpful airport tips and honest airline reviews sourced directly from our community of frequent fliers.
- Track loyalty points across all your loyalty memberships in one place, including British Airways Executive Club, JetBlue TrueBlue, Lufthansa Miles, IHG Rewards Club, Starwood Preferred Guest, Le Club Accorhotels and more.
- Connect your email to automatically import your flights, hotels and car rental info
- Sync your itineraries through TripIt
- Email forward your e-ticket information to email@example.com
Have questions? Email us anytime: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear friends, our fresh version 8.7.4 is out now and contains some bugfixes and improvements
If you like the update? We would be happy to see your review on the AppStore!
Questions / Suggestions? Write to us 24/7 at email@example.com
Let’s keep flying!
Sincerely, The App in the Air Crew
Ratings and Reviews
Best travel app for frequent travelers
App In The Air fulfills all of my travel needs and more. Besides the ability to add (and automatically add) any flight and it’s relevant info like ticket numbers and confirmation numbers makes it extremely useful for regular trips and complicated itineraries such as multi ticket and multi city trips - it combines everything into one tool. I also love seeing the travel map and how it shows details like airlines and aircraft most frequently travelled. I have the premium features and they are useful, but the app without these features is extremely useful.
Something I would love to see in the future: more detailed airport maps such as the ones you see in airline stock apps. Hot links in the airline/hotel/car rental section that take you to the company’s respective app (or a link to download).
Overall this app is great for anyone who flies, especially for avgeeks like me who like to track their trips. I have a folder of paper tickets I like to collect but having everything on this app makes everything that much easier.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thank you for your 5 stars review! We make every effort to be a useful travel assistant for you. This was our task - to create an application, which will be indispensable from the beginning of the journey to the end. In the future, there will be even more cool features. About maps: at the moment you can see interactive maps of airports in the application if such maps are on the websites of the airports themselves. To add installation links for airline applications is a great idea! I will definitely share it with our team. If you have any questions or other ideas related to the application, you can contact me 24/7 at firstname.lastname@example.org. Vlad.
With the unfortunate change in feature tiers, and the pricing that I paid last year for a year subscription, I do not feel like it is worth the money. I had written a review earlier, which seemingly has been deleted by the company, that requested live activities, and other features be brought to the service. The response I received was that it will be coming within the next couple of days. This was over a week ago. These promised and requested features still are not part of my pay tear, and my prior common still stand that the subscription for the service is not worth the money. The stated response from AITA from my last review claimed …” The next release should be in the days, and it will bring the long waited "Live Activities" feature.” I do not know what happened to my prior review, however I stand by my disappointment in both the cost of the subscription and the features that it contains. I’ve been sitting on the year subscription and there have been hardly any updates as promised to my tier, which leads me to not resubscribe. It’s unfortunate that this company has not backed their claims and promises from our conversations.
Developer Response ,
Hello. First of all, I apologize that it takes some time. We never delete any app reviews from our users. Once I have an update about the live activities I’ll definitely keep you notified. If you have any other questions, in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at email@example.com. I'll be always happy to help! Warm regards, Jasmine
Happy Long-Time User with Suggestions
I’ve been using App in the Air for around 8 years and great to see the developers offering enhancements such as being able to book flight and hotels. Initially I was not impressed with the hotel booking as it seemed the prices were higher than dedicated travel sites like Priceline. However in consulting with support, they told me the price listed is the total price including taxes and that almost always beats the other sites - I'd suggest adding a note to that effect. Another new enhancement is a C02 offset donation feature has been added to the profile tab. Nice concept in principal but many airlines (esp. International Flights) already offset emissions under a UN agreement or the customer voluntarily pays an offset when booking. Also, I often use the app to track other people’s flights and so it's not MY carbon footprint. I'd rather see a different enhancement such as an airport flight board.
Developer Response ,
Hello Mark! Thank you so much for updating your review. It's a pleasure to hear that you enjoy our new features such as booking hotels and flights. I will forward your suggestion on adding the tax information to the price to our developer team. Regarding the CO2 compensation, the result is calculated by the flights from the "My" folder and not the "People's" folder in the app. If you have any other ideas or questions, please don't hesitate to reach me 24/7 at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a wonderful day! Jasmine
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AITA LIMITED
- 518 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012-2023 App in the Air, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Annual premium subscription $29.99
- Monthly subscription for premium features $4.99
- Lifetime Text/Push subscription for all flights alerts $150.00
- Real time flight status alerts for 5 flights $4.99
- Basic 1 year subscription $9.99
- 1 year subscription for flight status alerts $9.99
- Disable ads in the Trip Feed $0.99
- Annual premium subscription $59.99
- Annual premium subscription $39.99
- Annual premium subscription $49.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.