Step into the boots of a true hero in Gargoyle Ruins, the prequel to Game Stew's first title and TouchArcade's Arcade 2012 Game Of The Year--Tower of Fortune! With your companion by your side it is your hero's duty to save a wealthy kingdom where girls are kidnapped by gargoyles once a year. Solve the mystery and defeat the evil forces in this retro VFD tabletop arcade game inspired by the early Game & Watch games!
- Retro-style visuals with funny animation and detailed 8-bit art
- 7 fun and challenging games to enjoy including Princess Rescue, Dead Man’s Gold, Queen’s Chamber, and more
- Play Story Mode to unveil the mystery behind the troubled kingdom as you equip the hero and upgrade the game with over 50 pieces of content to take on the next rewarding challenge
- Arcade mode lets you challenge other player's high scores and see your ranking in the world
- From getting stabbed, drowned, or burned, prepare to die in more than 13 unique ways during your journey
- 40 challenging achievements to conquer if you have what it takes to be a hero
- Add new game info.
Ratings and Reviews
Game and Watch homage
It's an obvious homage but it falls apart with how incredibly hard it is to get upgrades and how much in game money costs in real life. If you just earned more per mission it'd be worth playing but as it is now, it's a treadmill with too tiny a carrot on a stick.
Game will not download
I HATE THIS GAME 2$ WASTED
A great prequel: loooong playtime
Many of the negative reviews are right: this is a play-and-watch game, and it is hard! For me, that's great. I've been bored to death by easy pay-to-play games swamping the App Store, and this game has great style and unique gameplay.
Half the game is figuring out how to play: buttons do different things depending on where you are in which game.
The upgrades don't just make you stronger, like in many games; they change the way the game is played, creating new enemies, opening new stages, and even changing the story.
If you want something to play in your spare minutes over a month or two, this is it.
If you want to play or pay your way to quickly grabbing the upgrades so you can move on to the next app, stay away.
- GUAN LING WU
- 20.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2013 Game Stew
- In-App Purchases
- 1000G $0.99
- 2500G $1.99
- 7500G $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.