Welcome to Apple Developer, your source for developer stories, news, and educational information — and the best place to experience WWDC.
• Stay up to date on the latest technical and community information.
• Browse news, features, developer stories, and informative videos.
• Catch up on videos from past events and download them to watch offline.
Thank you for your feedback. New in this release:
• A new UI designed for macOS.
• Discover, which helps you catch up on the latest stories, news, videos, and more.
• WWDC, where you can find everything you’ll need for the conference.
• A new browse interface, where you can search for existing sessions, videos, articles, and news.
• The option to download and favorite content to read or watch later.
Thank you for your feedback! New in this release:
• You can now use the Continue Watching widget on macOS.
• We now sort Bookmarks and Continue Watching lists more predictably.
• You can now show or hide the sidebar using a menu item or a keyboard shortcut.
• We’ve made a number of accessibility improvements, including enabling Voice Control for the sidebar and improving VoiceOver support for images.
• We’ve fixed bugs and added various other enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
App has great potential
The app works great in both iOS/iPadOS and, recently, macOS. The navigation is logical and and I’m able to find things easily. This app has some great potential to be a great resource for development on Apple platforms. I would personally love to see support for browsing documentation and viewing the developer forums in the app if possible.
Disappointing and has unacceptable bugs
Would give 0 stars if possible. There is no way on iPad to control playback speed. There are so many videos to watch developers need to be able to easily increase playback speed if desired. Tried downloading video hoping this would allow access to speed control. Still no controls for speed and worse yet there is a bug where you are not able to delete the downloaded video so it will take up large amount of space on device forever. These are basic things and it is unbelievable Apple developers created this app and that these basic things don’t work. Very disappointed. Please at least provide a way to delete a downloaded video. Running iOS 12.3.1 on iPad Pro. Desktop version seems to have speed control but didn’t really want to watch the videos on Mac. Prefer to watch on iPad.
2018 Destroyed a good 2017 WWDC app
The new 2018 version of this WWDC app is about useless on my iPad. It violates many of Apple’s own human interface rules!
First, none of the session titles are visible (they are cut off). Second, they now use that silly (unprofessional looking) horizontal scroll where there is full bleed on the right margin. It makes it harder for the user to feel they have situational awareness of what is on the screen. Third, it is cluttered now with glyphs — we have spent 3000 years advancing from hieroglyphics — they are nice to have in small doses, but not a screen full of dozens of them. We could go on, but the overall user experience is a huge step backward last year’s app. Now, I’ve lost a great library app for all the videos through WWDC 2017. The programming idiosyncrasies of the app programming libraries are shining through in a most unpleasant way. Wow, did not expect this for the flagship app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 7.7 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.1 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 14.3 or later.
English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Apple Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Apple Developer Program $98.99