Welcome to Apple Developer, your source for developer stories, news, and educational information — and the best place to experience WWDC.
• Stay up to date on the latest technical and community information.
• Browse news, features, developer stories, and informative videos.
• Catch up on videos from past events and download them to watch offline.
Thank you for your feedback. New in this release:
• A new UI designed for macOS.
• Discover, which helps you catch up on the latest stories, news, videos, and more.
• WWDC, where you can find everything you’ll need for the conference.
• A new browse interface, where you can search for existing sessions, videos, articles, and news.
• The option to download and favorite content to read or watch later.
Thank you for your feedback! New in this release:
• You can now use the Continue Watching widget on macOS.
• We now sort Bookmarks and Continue Watching lists more predictably.
• You can now show or hide the sidebar using a menu item or a keyboard shortcut.
• We’ve made a number of accessibility improvements, including enabling Voice Control for the sidebar and improving VoiceOver support for images.
• We’ve fixed bugs and added various other enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
The app is not bad but the interface is interface is is very cluttered and there is no way to speed up the video. Of the two, I’d forgive the interface issues if I could speed through the video at 1.5 or 2x’s, slowing down for the sections that are new and unfamiliar.
Right now I’m watching the videos in WebPlayer off the developer site and marking them as viewed in the WWDC app, in the hope that someday the dawn will break, the birds will sing, and most significantly of all, the app will allow me to speed up video.
Disappointing and has unacceptable bugs
Would give 0 stars if possible. There is no way on iPad to control playback speed. There are so many videos to watch developers need to be able to easily increase playback speed if desired. Tried downloading video hoping this would allow access to speed control. Still no controls for speed and worse yet there is a bug where you are not able to delete the downloaded video so it will take up large amount of space on device forever. These are basic things and it is unbelievable Apple developers created this app and that these basic things don’t work. Very disappointed. Please at least provide a way to delete a downloaded video. Running iOS 12.3.1 on iPad Pro. Desktop version seems to have speed control but didn’t really want to watch the videos on Mac. Prefer to watch on iPad.
The sign up process is a nightmare
Just to be clear, this review only covers a small portion of the app, (the only portion I have gotten to so far.) I tried initially signing up for the developer program through the app, but the app wouldn’t accept my photo id and it didn’t give me a reason why. I gave up on the app after 10 attempts and in summary, since then, I have talked to a few support agents which who told me that I probably had to just try it again and I have been hitting errors such as “You cannot currently ___, please try again later”. I’m sure if things go right this app is a great experience, but when things go wrong there is no direction on how to fix it. I eventually figured out that my payment method was expired and that was the issue, but that was after spending hours combing forums to try to solve the problem myself.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 7.7 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.1 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 14.3 or later.
English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Apple Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Apple Developer Program $98.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.