Get unlimited access to 100 million songs, thousands of curated playlists, and original content from the artists you know and love – all ad-free. Hear sound all around you with Spatial Audio featuring Dolby Atmos.
• Follow and sing along with your favorite music with precise, beat-by-beat lyrics and adjustable vocals, and share the lines that move you in Messages.
• Listen with friends in real time using SharePlay, and control the music together in the car.
• Download your favorite music and listen offline.
• Find your Discovery Station, personalized picks, mixes, and more in Listen Now.
• Enjoy a continuous listening experience with crossfade.
• Keep the music going with Autoplay.
• Ask Siri to play any song by artist, mood, or genre.
• Search for songs by lyrics, or just ask Siri.
• Browse picks and playlists from Apple Music editors.
• Go deep with interviews, live performances, and more that can only be found on Apple Music.
• Explore dozens of exclusive radio shows, created by the most iconic names in music, live or on demand.
• Find something new with hundreds of daily charts for cities and countries worldwide.
• Follow friends and discover what others are listening to.
• Download and stream music straight to your Apple Watch.
• Take it all with you using CarPlay, and use your car controls to search for music.
Apple Watch Features:
• Search for music using scribble and dictation.
• Use Listen Now to quickly get back to your recently played, suggested stations, top picks and more.
• Sort your favorite playlist, albums, and songs by your preference, right from your wrist.
Availability and features vary by country and region, plan, or device. Subscriptions automatically renew unless they are canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage or cancel your subscriptions in Settings after purchase. Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions can be found at https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/.
Ratings and Reviews
The best there is, but needs some attention.
There is honestly no comparison in audio quality, fidelity, and selection; but with that, I feel, there are some issues. Recently I've been encountering an issue with adding music to my library, ie adding a band's discography to my library and having the album either not be added or take a long time to actually appear in my library. Additionally, if I accidentally add something to my library by an artist that is either on the wrong artist page (a common problem on all the music streaming platforms) or something I didn't intend to add to my library, I used to be able to remove it quickly and easily by selecting delete from library in the quick menu that pops up when holding down on the album, but now that option has disappeared from the quick menu. It's been like this for a while now and it prompted this review. While I won't be switching to a different music platform, I really want these issues fixed.
Separately, there used to be recommended albums that appeared under each album similar to the way recommended artists appear under artist pages; I would really like that feature back, to be honest. While the listen now tab does a decent job of recommending music, it often skews to particular genres that don't reflect listening habits. The radio tab is also useless because it completely ignores your personal tastes and suggests popular music rather than music that actually suits the listener.
Great, just a few touch ups :)
There are many great things about the the app. I love how it shows my music easily, and I can get to it even easier. Also the diversity of the app and artists. But there are many things I would change. Something I would change is easier access to artists when I’m searching.
Since I would like to change the app to where I can have easier access when I’m searching. Such as since there is easy access to different genres before I search. I would like it to be where I can have easy access my favorite artists such as Taylor Swift, Taylor Swift, and more Taylor Swift. Similar to the genre concept. But on top of the genres it would be my favorite artists. And then when a user would click on the artist it would show their songs, albums and the usual thing when someone would search up the artist in the search bar, but instead they can have a quicker access to the artist. In total it would bring the app more users if they can get to popular artists or their favorite artists easier if they don’t have to look it up for a longer time.
In conclusion, the app is needing this change to bring in more users and easy access to artists and their songs including albums. Aren’t artists the root of music. They create, sing, and perform their songs. And if they want more users to listen then there should be easy access for users to listen to their music.
Could be better
A quintessential app for listening to and streaming music, this app will most times do what it was designed to do. But it could be better. I am giving it only three stars because the app is not without its flaws. Chief among them is the fact that my music will skip and cause huge delays when streaming. There are times whenever I am traveling or just sitting at home trying to jam when the app gives out and several seconds will go by without any audio. It’s like trying to listen to the radio: periods of static or delay at points throughout the day or in certain areas that does not make for a flawless experience. Mind you, I use WiFi and I have a reliable cellular network when on the go. I tried submitting feedback on this app by way of reporting potential bugs but that endeavor has taken me nowhere. Adding music is easy and effective; and being able to find your favorite artists and their music is streamlined to make the experience enjoyable to say the least. I, like many reviewers and listeners, am appalled that we can’t access the music we download or add to our respective playlists/libraries without paying that hefty subscription to Apple’s music service. Other apps allow free downloading and cataloguing of music but of course the business model is one geared towards making the most money in a market built around that concept. Such is streaming. When Apple can fix the bugs in this app perhaps I may change my review to one that is more favorable.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2016-2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.