The future of health research is you! Now you can contribute to groundbreaking health research in women’s health, hearing health or heart health simply by using your Apple Watch and iPhone, and the Research app. Your data and participation will help advance researchers' understanding of these areas in health that have not been well understood until now and could lead to the development of new products that will help millions lead longer and healthier lives.
1. Join the Apple Women’s Health Study, conducted in partnership with the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and National Institue of Health Sciences to help advance the understanding of menstrual cycles and health conditions such as infertility, osteoporosis, and menopause.
2. Join the Apple Heart and Movement Study, conducted in partnership with the American Heart Association and Bringham and Women's Hospital to help advance discovery in heart science and to help us learn how activity and your habits can contribute to a healthier heart.
3. Join the Apple Hearing Study, conducted in partnership with the University of Michigan to help advance the understanding of how sound exposure levels over time can impact your hearing, stress levels, and cardiac health.
Review available studies, learn about the research partners and the research goals, understand study expectations, and if you are eligible, enroll by providing your consent.
Choose which data to share and with what study, and review and manage data collected.
Perform relevant tasks for enrolled studies.
Learn how other Apple research studies have contributed to advancements in health science and to the development of innovative health products.
This update includes bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Needs to filter based on criteria
All in all, I’m very happy to participate in these studies. For all the people complaining about “lack of compensation” I would say that sometime we should just do things because they help others, not because we personally get compensation for it.
Knocking off one star because it needs to filter the studies based on eligibility criteria. As a guy, I cannot possible participate in a cycle tracking studies, so it should either not be show at all or have an option to dismiss from your available studies due to ineligibility.
Power beats pro don’t count for some reason
I’ve been trying to work and help with a couple studies. And for some reason the Powerbeats pro earbuds don’t count as compatible your buds for the audio test. I don’t know why but they do work with Apple play and have in your volume adjustment and loudness detection like AirPods do and I know it works with Apple but for some reason it’s not working with this app.
Biased, Marketing strategy for Apple Watch
I’m an ultra runner and want to contribute to the heart and fitness studies. It says you need to record your workouts with an Apple Watch for the studies. Apple watches are activity trackers, not true fitness watches. My Garmin fitness watch is designed for athletes and adventurist (and other brands like Suunto) provide much better data than Apple watches, yet the wording sounds like I cannot contribute my data to the study. Why not let let us sync Strava, Garmin Connect, or another app’s heart data?
Minus 1 star for marketing bias.
Minus another star for not allowing non-Apple fitness watches to contribute data. Minus another star for no heart rate monitor strap support.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 69.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 13.2 and watchOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2020 Apple Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.