Gogo's Type Writer is a plain Text and Markdown Editor. It is optimized for fast opening and editing local and remote files (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, FTP, SFTP/SSH) on your iOS Device.
• Universal App (use it on your iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch)
• iPhone X(s/R) Max and iOS 12/13 are supported
• No in app purchases / no subscriptions
• Full iPad Pro support (including smart keyboard support, shortcut, split-screen multitasking)
• Extra keybar with swipe functions and trackball to precisely move the cursor and select text
• Find and Replace support (incl. Regex find pattern)
• Different themes and adjustable font-sizes
• NEW! Focus Mode / fade out alle other lines and keep focused
• Import / export / open files from iCloud Drive and other file providers
• Open entire folders or repositories from the Files App using the iOS document picker (Open in Place support)
• Snippets -- use short fragments of text again and again
( with filed and placeholders support )
• Markdown Preview, Convert & Export
( PDF / DOCX / HTML Export )
• Preview Browser (for images / websites)
• Connect to your servers via SFTP, FTP, DRIVE, ONEDRIVE or DROPBOX
New with OneDrive 365 and OneDrive for Business support
• Upload and Download files/folders
• Very fast reconnect and recover of open files after restart
• Live editing - edit files directly on your Server/Dropbox/Drive/Onedrive without download
• Supporting features like textselection by cursor, Splitview, Slide-Over and Drag & Drop
• 3D Touch support
- Show/move cursor by 3D touch the keyboard
• Taptic Feedback
( on devices with Taptic Engine )
• External/Bluetooth keyboard support
( all iOS shot-cut keys are supported + lots of shortcuts available )
• Syntax highlighting
for the most popular coding languages / also in Markdown codeblocks
• Mouse & Touchpad Support updated
• Fixed some minor issues
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A markdown editor that syncs with Google Drive
I just purchased and started using this app, and am very pleased with it. I needed a way to work with .md files on Google Drive, and GTW does it well so far.
Hallelujah it syncs with OneDrive
So many years, lost in the file sync wilderness of iOS. So many Markdown editors, assuming the only cloud storage systems worth supporting are iCloud and Dropbox. So much frustration, trying in vain to make OneDrive work with apps like iA Writer and Pretext via the Files app. So many documents inexplicably duplicated. So much progress lost when Files fails to sync at all.
At last, I have stumbled upon GTW, and it just works. My OneDrive folder is synced, my markdown files in tow, my edits instantly reflected across iPhone, iPad, and PC.
I am a simple man. I do not want for fancy things like direct Wordpress publishing, writing goals, or exhaustive outlines. All I ask is that when I write in Markdown on one device, that writing is available on my other devices. And to my astonishment, GTW delivers. It makes my sole nitpicks with this app—no apparent way to sort a folder by date modified, uninspiring fonts—seem incredibly minor.
Please fix one annoying bug
The whole editor is great and support sFTP which is exactly what I want, but there is one annoying bug: When I'm using an external keyboard with an input method (Like Chinese Input Method) with floating word-selecting box, the box's position is just not correct. It sticks to top of the view. I'm having the same problem with GoCoEdit too. Please fix it or I have to abandon this app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.