Gogo's Type Writer is a plain Text and Markdown Editor. It is optimized for fast opening and editing local and remote files (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, FTP, SFTP/SSH) on your iOS Device.
• Universal App (use it on your iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch)
• iPhone X(s/R) Max and iOS 12/13 are supported
• No in app purchases / no subscriptions
• Full iPad Pro support (including smart keyboard support, shortcut, split-screen multitasking)
• Extra keybar with swipe functions and trackball to precisely move the cursor and select text
• Find and Replace support (incl. Regex find pattern)
• Different themes and adjustable font-sizes
• NEW! Focus Mode / fade out alle other lines and keep focused
• Import / export / open files from iCloud Drive and other file providers
• Open entire folders or repositories from the Files App using the iOS document picker (Open in Place support)
• Snippets -- use short fragments of text again and again
( with filed and placeholders support )
• Markdown Preview, Convert & Export
( PDF / DOCX / HTML Export )
• Preview Browser (for images / websites)
• Connect to your servers via SFTP, FTP, DRIVE, ONEDRIVE or DROPBOX
New with OneDrive 365 and OneDrive for Business support
• Upload and Download files/folders
• Very fast reconnect and recover of open files after restart
• Live editing - edit files directly on your Server/Dropbox/Drive/Onedrive without download
• Supporting features like textselection by cursor, Splitview, Slide-Over and Drag & Drop
• 3D Touch support
- Show/move cursor by 3D touch the keyboard
• Taptic Feedback
( on devices with Taptic Engine )
• External/Bluetooth keyboard support
( all iOS shot-cut keys are supported + lots of shortcuts available )
• Syntax highlighting
for the most popular coding languages / also in Markdown codeblocks
• • • NEW in GTW 3.6 • • •
• reactivated iCloud Folder
• updated API for Google Drive connections
• fixed some mayor issues with the newest iOS Update
Ratings and Reviews
Let’s me quickly edit files directly on remote drive, manually save them or exit them without saving if I want (other editors that I’ve tried, except GoCoEdit also by this dev, aren’t easy to manually save and all seem to auto save on exit with no option to disable). Thanks for fixing the problem with Google Drive.
Hallelujah it syncs with OneDrive
So many years, lost in the file sync wilderness of iOS. So many Markdown editors, assuming the only cloud storage systems worth supporting are iCloud and Dropbox. So much frustration, trying in vain to make OneDrive work with apps like iA Writer and Pretext via the Files app. So many documents inexplicably duplicated. So much progress lost when Files fails to sync at all.
At last, I have stumbled upon GTW, and it just works. My OneDrive folder is synced, my markdown files in tow, my edits instantly reflected across iPhone, iPad, and PC.
I am a simple man. I do not want for fancy things like direct Wordpress publishing, writing goals, or exhaustive outlines. All I ask is that when I write in Markdown on one device, that writing is available on my other devices. And to my astonishment, GTW delivers. It makes my sole nitpicks with this app—no apparent way to sort a folder by date modified, uninspiring fonts—seem incredibly minor.
Great app with good combination of features. Though a little pricy for a simple app, there aren’t others that provide this ability to simply open and view/edit text over the network. Besides, I love that there is no in app purchase or subscription or ads.
Needs dark mode.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Christoph Gogolin
- 67 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Christoph Gogolin
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.